New Seasons Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at New Seasons Market

2.4

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Seasons Market (Tualatin, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a first round, group interview with six candidates. We met at the seating area then after a brief tour of the store, had the interview in a conference room. The person conducting the interview was the assistant HR manager, and the head of the produce department was there as well to take notes while HR went through a slideshow of 5 questions. We each answered all the questions based on whoever volunteered first. Then we all got the opportunity to ask questions. The whole process took about two hours.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New Seasons Market (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I got an invitation for an in person interview. I interviewed with the HR manager at the store and then met shortly with the department manager.

Interview Questions

• There were lots of "give me an example of a time when you..." questions   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New Seasons Market (Beaverton, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

Was brought back for a second interview, seemed like I was going to get the job. Then they informed me they usually fill with current employees. Would have been nice to know before I had to come back a second time.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New Seasons Market (Portland, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Very quick, informal interview as I was starting as an unpaid intern. My school arranged the interview on my behalf. Not many questions and I was offered the position same day.

Grocery Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Seasons Market (Portland, OR) in February 2019.

Interview

Was interviewed by 2 staff in small room in the back of the store. Both people were courteous and I felt the interview went well. They called me a few days later to let me know that they had moved forward with another applicant, but they were recommending me for a customer service position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you disagreed with a coworker and the end result.   1 Answer

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New Seasons Market (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

A joke. When I interviewed for this job I literally sat down with the managers and they pretty much just gave me the job. They seemed desperately in need. Which was a little bit of a turn off for me. I didn't want to walk into a messed up department where I was the only one willing to fix it. The manager didnt seem like he cared much.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and your staff had an disagreement and what was the final outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations. If you dont like their wage...they'll find someone who does

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Seasons Market (Portland, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview conducted in meeting room in noisy warehouse with other candidates being interviewed at the same time and in close proximity to my interview. Interview not very private.

Interview Questions

• What I would do two hours before end of a shift to keep energized? (typically last two hours of being cashier you can be tired and ready to go home) (as I remember question)
      Name a time and give an example of when I delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Lead Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Seasons Market.

Interview

I interviewed for the entry level, courtesy clerk position and didn't get it. A week later I was called in to interview for the lead cashier position and within 5 days I was offered the position and accepted. I was asked the typical interview questions. The interview process went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered fair pay for the position.

Floral Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Seasons Market (Portland, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

1st step was having interview with Assistant HR Store Manager, took an hour then meetings set up with department and assistant manager. They used situation questions and was held in their eating area. Very informal and relaxed. They like to hire pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something didn't go your way how did you handle the feedback.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself, what are you currently or did do? walk me through your day to day activities   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of what good customer service is.   Answer Question

Floral Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New Seasons Market (Portland, OR) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview was very casual and comfortable. The team members interviewing me made me feel comfortable but were still challenging. The interview took place over the phone. The team called me back after the interview as were able to explain why they went with another candidate, which I felt was exceeded my expectations.

Interview Questions

• What's one example of a mistake you made and how did you make it right?   1 Answer