Nextlabs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nextlabs (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Process was quick, received a call from recruitment manager, explained me the role well. I was scheduled for a phone interview followed by onsite. Process was completed within 2 weeks. I heard back on the offer during the 3rd week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nextlabs (San Mateo, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First phone interview, some project experiences and basic c++ and assembly language questions, like what's the size of bool type. one weeks ago, got on site interviews, 4 rounds. I answered all those questions and they told me they all satisfy with me.Right now, it was the beginning of the story, after several day, HR called me, discuss about sponsor and expect salary. One week after, they asked me my references numbers. And ANOTHER week after, HR called me again me, and told me they are interested in me, but right now, CEO is on vacation, that why they can't give me the offer. While, THE THIRD week ago, I called HR and followed up with my process, they told me I will get the offer by the end of the week. Well, on Friday, Nextlabs call me said their CEO disproved the offer. So end story. The whole process takes 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• You have a N pages documents need to print, one paper can print 4 pages,
      Input N
      return 4 array ( front left, front right, back left and back right)
      Implement ceiling() function   Answer Question
      Input X heads, Y feet, return all possibilities.   Answer Question
    • implement strcpy() function   Answer Question

SharePoint Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nextlabs (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

LONG! Interviewed with 5 people including CEO. Spent many hours with no result. They did not call back and wasted my time. They cannot make a decision but lead people on. Stay Away!

Interview Questions

• How do you install SharePoint.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nextlabs (San Mateo, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I got phone call from a recruiter
    I got a phone interview with the hiring manager
    I got onsite interview with engineers
    I got interview with CEO and HR.
    I was asked to give the my reference.
    I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is most difficult problem that I recently resolved.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nextlabs in May 2014.

Interview

The company seemed very unprofessional. Interviews had to be rescheduled multiple times, and I had to contact them because they offer no feedback whatsoever. They wanted to schedule an additional phone interview with a manager, but gave no confirmation e-mail at all and only set a verbal agreement to a date next week. After no call came I decided that this company was too amateur to even bother with trying to reschedule.

Interview Questions

• The phone screen was just a short interview about your skills (programming languages, classes, etc.)   Answer Question

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nextlabs (San Mateo, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on Craigslist, received a phone call in about one week, scheduled in-person interview in about another week. No response until check with the company another week of in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Just general HR questions since this is not a technical job. Like "walk me through your resume", "what is your weakness and strength", "salary expectation", most of the time it was the interviewee who needed to explain and talk about personal experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Nextlabs (San Mateo, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

6-7 Rounds of Interview in 2 Month. Every time they Says " We are Very Very interested ", " Where are you on your other offers", " We are very very very interested " Not professional, Meeting with CEO schedule at 10 on holiday and CEO came at 10:30 No one there to open door. 4 Face to Face, 2 Skype, 1 CEO interview. Every one asking question apart from subject. and start explain why I should join Nextlabs for 2 hrs.

Interview Questions

• Some technical question are very good by John, Other then that. 6 people ask me almost same thing.
      1) what are you doing in you current project.
      2) Why you want to join Nextlabs   1 Answer

Engineering Team Lead/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nextlabs (San Mateo, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview arranged through a recruiter, who did only a basic screening. Then I went to an on-site and spoke with Engineering management. The process focused more on cultural and team fit than technical knowledge. It is possible I was one of the earlier candidates, so they were "calibrating" their process. It was perfectly polite and cordial, just a difficult format to shine in and I did not get a follow on interview. Perhaps the lesson here is to have the recruiter learn more about the position before there are on site interviews.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about why I left each position going back over 15 years. Hard to give a career progression story when viewed that way.   Answer Question

SAP Senior Consulting Engineer Opening Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nextlabs (San Mateo, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

not professional not organized. Months between 2-3 face to face interviews. Bargaining of salary below normal. Owner takes final interview and decision. Per HR.

Interview Questions

• Not as per the position. Hiring manager did not know what he will look in a person for the said post.. After 2nd interview HR asked me to come F2F for missed question.
       how to deal client when you do not know the answer to that question. how do you fill a table with your entries.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nextlabs (San Mateo, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

1)phone call with HR recruiter
    2)4 skill test through skype online programming with unknown person
    A.sorting could be bubble sort , selection sort , dont remember which one
    B.String Palindrome
    C.searching number of certain words in a text
    D.related to cache or paging from block of memory

Interview Questions

• expect to complete in 1~1.5 hr, the interviewer was nice when they give question online, but it is obviously not technical, they normally give you reply after 1 week discussion in house decide if you will be invite onsite. i didnt go further with them because the pay wasnt that good after doing some reach online   Answer Question