Nimble Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nimble Storage Interview Questions

Interviews at Nimble Storage

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I'd heard about Nimble through a lot of friends in my network and after hearing an overwhelmingly negative description of the interview process as well as the corporate culture, I was reluctant to interview here. However, later after seeing a job description I really liked, I decided to apply. The recruiter was pleasant and professional to work with initially.

Fast forward to the phone interview, I was called by an engineer with a thick accent. The interviewer asked me if I was familiar with C++. I told him that I hadn't used it since graduating from school and he still insisted on asking me C++ syntax related questions. The job description had no word of C++ anywhere. Then the interview took an unexpected turn with him insisting on asking me the names of the API methods that I had called in my previous company (the one that I left two years ago). I told him that it was a long time ago and I had no reason to memorize the methods when the API was thoroughly documented. After this the interviewer kept asking again and again if I had worked for that company or not as if he suspected that I was faking my experience.

The interview left me with a nasty feeling and I felt like I would not want to be associated with this company. Oh and the recruiter did not bother to get back to me after the interview. So much for professionalism.

Interview Questions

• C++ operator overloading, virtual functions, garbage collection   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

NDA so I cant talk much. But it wasnt very hard, had multiple rounds, had technical questions as well as behavioral questions. First round was easy, on the phone. Second round was in person, and had technical knowledge questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a front end JavaScript engineering position. I was contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with an internal recruiter at Nimble Storage. I was given the option to interview in person or over the phone for the first round and I chose to interview via phone. During the interview, I had to answer a coding question on a shared online document that we both could edit. I felt the question was a bit convoluted and I spent more time trying to figure out the constraints rather than actually answering it. After the interview, I did not hear back from the third party recruiter or internal recruiter. I didn't know that Nimble Storage had ended my candidacy until the third party recruiter contacted me over a week later trying to interest me in an another job.

Interview Questions

• Given an array that has different tax brackets, return the amount taxed if you pass in an income as the function parameter.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nimble Storage.

Interview

Was contacted by the manager, brief introduction and then an onsite interview with 5 people.A few interviewers were immature, one gave me wrong data initially and then corrected it. Insipte of giving two alternative solutions the interviewer was not happy she was expecting some answer she read in the book as if she just crammed it and couldn't apply logic.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with manager, followed by technical phone interview and onsite with 5 rounds - technical and behavioral. The hiring process was pretty smooth and straight forward. They provide quick feedback on the interview decision and don't keep you waiting for updates.

Interview Questions

• phone interview focused mainly on c++ concepts and scalability of code. One particular question was counting number of set bits for a very large stream of digits. I was also tested on thinking process and approach to find a set of interior angles in a polygon.

The onsite inteview process was pretty straightforward behavioral questions, coding questions related to linked lists, c++ concepts, automation and talked in depth about projects. Also one round focused only on design question related to data backup and data storage   Answer Question

Staff QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I contacted the HR and got immediate response from the HR. I had the interview scheduled the next day. I had 5 rounds of interview with people ranging from engineer to director. They asked me about things I had done in the past. They asked me some puzzles and also asked me coding questions in PERL. And I got immediate feedback about them being interested or no. Very fast.

Interview Questions

• Explain anything which you have done, that you are proud of.   Answer Question

Advanced Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied online, received an email to schedule a phone interview after ~3 weeks. The phone interview was technical and roughly one hour long. There were two questions in which I was asked to write code.

Interview Questions

• Two coding and design questions each on algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Advanced Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by one of my ex-colleagues.
    So there was no phone screen. They invited me directly for face-to-face interviews.
    Met with 4 people including a manager and director.
    They were all technical.
    Interviewers were pretty decent.
    All of them asked a blend of coding and design questions.
    Move a robot from point A to point B.
    Design redundancy and consistency for a storage system etc.
    Another interviewer went into C++ coding skills.

Was a bit nervous, so did OK but not too bad . But Nobody bothered to respond with feedback.
    The recruiter sent no reply despite pinging her 2-3 times...

CDM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Low key and casual, like you expect an IT company to be. They know their target audience and catre there interview you based on their needs The inervew was in 4 stages. I met with my immediate bos, his boss then the boss of Channel then the vp of federal

Interview Questions

• How can I drive more business in my role   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

With 2 managers and some employees, very simple interview and I did not have trouble with it. One of the easiest interviews I have ever done. I had an overall good experience as far as the interview process went.