Nimble Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nimble Storage Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nimble Storage.

Interview

Was contacted by the manager, brief introduction and then an onsite interview with 5 people.A few interviewers were immature, one gave me wrong data initially and then corrected it. Insipte of giving two alternative solutions the interviewer was not happy she was expecting some answer she read in the book as if she just crammed it and couldn't apply logic.

Cloud Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nimble Storage in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email to schedule a technical interview with one of the members of the hiring team. The recruiter was prompt in her responses. On interview date, the interviewer seemed not at all interested in the interview and just asked two questions. Have you worked with dockers? and have you worked with AWS technologies? Which I did and hence replied with a proper description where and how I used these technologies. 10 minutes in the interview, he said he don't have any other question and asked me if had any. I tried extending the interview so as to get him involved by asking about the product and team, but he still just wanted to hang up.
    I followed up on the process for two weeks but didn't get any reply until follow-up mail pinged directly to HR department. Worst interview ever.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with dockers? and have you worked with AWS technologies?   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewers are not trained, lack of maturity. It is not an interview, interrogation. Reached the last stage of the process. The hiring managers incompetency showed up within two minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with manager, followed by technical phone interview and onsite with 5 rounds - technical and behavioral. The hiring process was pretty smooth and straight forward. They provide quick feedback on the interview decision and don't keep you waiting for updates.

Interview Questions

• phone interview focused mainly on c++ concepts and scalability of code. One particular question was counting number of set bits for a very large stream of digits. I was also tested on thinking process and approach to find a set of interior angles in a polygon.

The onsite inteview process was pretty straightforward behavioral questions, coding questions related to linked lists, c++ concepts, automation and talked in depth about projects. Also one round focused only on design question related to data backup and data storage
      Answer Question

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview and then set up an onsite, all day interview. The interview process went well, it was great to connect with all team members. I was told I would hear one way or the other about the job, and I never heard anything back even after a follow up email to the recruiter. While the interview expiernece was good, the follow up was very unprofessional

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was reached out briefly after applying for the position by HR and a phone interview was scheduled which was great. But to my disappointment the onsite interview ( San Jose) was conducted by a bunch of insecure engineers. I know i nailed the interview. The engineers with 4-5 years of experience were a little arrogant which took me by surprise as the company claims to have a "no-jerk policy". After reading the reviews about the product I as really excited to hearing back from them but hey they came back with no offer.. Really!! I hope the HR and managers take a closer look at the hiring process and don't let talented people slip through because of some insecure people who think their job or position could be jeopardized because of some experienced and talented people.
    Very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Easy algorithm & data structure questions. (but be prepared the interviewer himself might be confused) And some inexperienced engineer might enter the room with an arrogance as if he i going to pay you from his pocket and you are begging him for a job.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Everyone (Recruiter, HR, hiring manger) was very responsive and well-organized. I asked for an extra phone screen to before agreeing to fly across the country for an in person interview and they were scheduled quickly. The in person interview process takes most of the day but it moves quickly. Most of the interviewers were prepared ahead of time with annotated copies of my resume.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

With 2 managers and some employees, very simple interview and I did not have trouble with it. One of the easiest interviews I have ever done. I had an overall good experience as far as the interview process went.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA).

Interview

After applying with the site and meeting many employees through major networking I was awarded an interview on campus via Skype it was a panel with extensive question about the company and about my morals and ethics.

Interview Questions

• Confidentially was told to keep that a hush however what I can tell you is be innovative in studying the company and all products they associate with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a front end JavaScript engineering position. I was contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with an internal recruiter at Nimble Storage. I was given the option to interview in person or over the phone for the first round and I chose to interview via phone. During the interview, I had to answer a coding question on a shared online document that we both could edit. I felt the question was a bit convoluted and I spent more time trying to figure out the constraints rather than actually answering it. After the interview, I did not hear back from the third party recruiter or internal recruiter. I didn't know that Nimble Storage had ended my candidacy until the third party recruiter contacted me over a week later trying to interest me in an another job.

Interview Questions

• Given an array that has different tax brackets, return the amount taxed if you pass in an income as the function parameter.   Answer Question