Nissan North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nissan North America

2.5

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview went really well. Very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

No relocation money or package was available.

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nissan North America in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, 2 people called me in for an interview. That was a red flag - they hadn't communicated to each other that someone had already called. Showed up to the interview, my interviewer was in a meeting... So why schedule me for that time if busy? Had an interview with someone else, a man who kept looking at my chest.. Near the end of the interview, the original person I talked to popped in and gave me a completely different job description. Red flags went up everywhere. They wanted me to come in for a second interview, but I withdrew my resume a week later, explaining that they seemed disorganized and risky to take a chance on. The manager begged me to reconsider and I knew right there that they were planning on giving me an offer. It would have been nice if they treated their potential work with respect and consideration, but I'm glad they didn't - I think I dodged a bullet.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Canton, MS) in May 2010.

Interview

Behavioral interview

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Several calls of phone screening. Personal asking first tier of questions did not seem too knowledgeable about position. Answered first round of questions, and they seemed to match up with what they were looking for. Did not hear anything back.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

After I applied I heard back from the recruiter within one week and had the phone screening. Two weeks later I had my face to face. During the face to face they seemed unprepared didn't know if it was a 'screening' or an interview. I don't think they reviewed my resume. One of the interviewers was on his phone and laptop the entire time. Not the most professional interview I've been in.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nissan North America in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Contact by HR recruiter via email to setup phone screen. Phone screen was painful, as the person was obviously reading from a script and did not have my resume in front of them. What a waste of time. Never heard a peep back.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was your last employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

A phone interview in November and a face-to-face interview in December (HQ in Franklin). It is a behavioural interview. Towards the end of the interview, the interviewers took some time to explain to me about their department, daily roles/ responsibilities and highlighted some interesting projects they are working on.

Interview Questions

• This question might be a little trickly to answer: Having worked with several bosses/ supervisors (in previous internships), who do you like the most? Who do you dislike? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

I found the summer internship posting on my university career page in the Spring of 2013. After applying online through the Nissan jobs site, I had 2 phone interviews - one with a Manager and one with a Senior Manager. Both were mostly behavioral-based, very friendly and conversational. The Senior Manager asked me a problem-solving question relevant to the position I was applying for - she seemed to be more interested in my thought process than a specific answer.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - what is your weakness? talk about a time that you have been a leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary non-negotiable, but some flexibility on start date

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nissan North America.

Interview

Contacted me about 2-3 weeks after application to schedule a phone interview. Interview consisted of general questions, however it was a conference call with 2 managers. All of the questions were very general, however the interviewers seemed very uninterested and gave very little feedback, as if they had already chosen their interns.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online to the posting on the Nissan careers site, and I received an email from the manager for the position to schedule a phone interview. I had the phone interview with the manager, and then I received the offer a week later. The interview itself was very easy; it lasted approximately 30 minutes, and it was comprised of simple behavioral questions and questions about how I manage and organize my work.

Interview Questions

• The first question was the standard "tell me about yourself" question, but other than that, nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question