Nissan North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nissan North America Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.5

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nissan North America in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter called to ask a few questions and schedule a phone interview the following week. The day of the interview the recruiter never called to complete the interview.

HRBP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

I actually interviewed for this position at two different times in about a 9 month period. I have had 4 on site interviews. The Kelly Services Recruiters that you are initially contacted by are okay... They are what you would expect- quick and efficient but they are not going to be very sensitive to your experience, they just need to get through it and pass on the info. Then you deal primarily with Nissan Recruiters (the main recruiter and the scheduler) who are all great in my experience. My two different experiences, I would have one phone interview then go straight to an on site interview which I have found is rare (normally it is 2-3 phone interviews then on site). In both situations I would meet with my immediate supervisor AND a co-worker in the first on site interview. Then the second, I would meet with one upper level manager (the boss's boss). The interview questions are very difficult. They are very specific behavioral questions (not the typical "give me an example of a time when you had a conflict with a team member...") and are difficult to prepare for. This sucks for an interviewee but is great for them because you have to answer honestly, and in the moment. I have really liked everyone I have met. They are always prepared with questions, on time, and have always had my resume in front of them. The interviews last exactly an hour beginning to end and leaving time for your questions. My 4th interview was interesting, I had already been declined for the job but the Director wanted to meet to talk about future opportunities. It was a great conversation about exactly what I am looking for and my history and I really appreciated the opportunity and interest. Even though I have been turned down for this position twice now, I have truly enjoyed my experiences and still hope to one day work for Nissan.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when your Supervisor said something about yourself that you didn't agree with. How did you handle that? What was your reply?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted about a position they thought I would be good for. They set up a phone interview. The phone interview was in typical format. Talked about my background and typical interview questions. They called back after a few day and said the hiring manager wanted to set up an in person interview and requested my availability. They then said they would call back with what day the hiring manager wanted to schedule it. However, I never heard back after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

After I applied I heard back from the recruiter within one week and had the phone screening. Two weeks later I had my face to face. During the face to face they seemed unprepared didn't know if it was a 'screening' or an interview. I don't think they reviewed my resume. One of the interviewers was on his phone and laptop the entire time. Not the most professional interview I've been in.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nissan North America in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in November for a summer internship, early December came around and received a call from HR. The process is different from previous years, this time I applied to a general description of an internship (Marketing) and the HR associate called and chatted about my areas of interest. From there they send your resume to the managers you may be working with and they decide if they want to contact you. It's nice because it is a single application to file but you don't necessarily know who may or may not be contacting you.

Compensation is ~$23.00 for grad students, a $1000 sign on bonus and ~$3000 dollars for relocation assistance. Your numbers may be different and they may be very different for undergrad students

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to gain from this experience?   1 Answer
    • What type of work are you looking to perform   1 Answer

Loss Recovery Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Irving, TX).

Interview

Phone interview on people skills. Second interview with two supervisors. Asking knowledge of charge off, bankruptcies, impounds and fraud. Interview was about an hour long. Dress business professional. Conservative company. Do not say anything personal about your life just talk business.

Interview Questions

• Please advise us of how a chapter 13 bankruptcy works?   2 Answers

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nissan North America (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Spoke with three managers within the dealership, spoke with each of them for about 5 minutes. Process seemed very simple. They mostly spoke about the overall atmosphere at the dealership, and what a regular day would be like. Building relationships, prospecting, selling etc. They explained the compensation which sounded very confusing, still not sure how it works.

Internt Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nissan North America in June 2016.

Interview

Saw job on Facebook. Sent the GM my resume over within 15 minutes one of the sales managers called for a interview for the following day. Had my interview with both sales managers and the next day the GM emailed me an offer letter started working 2 days later since it was the weekend.

Supplier Capacity Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nissan North America (Smyrna, TN).

Interview

The interview process is quick once they review your experiences. They usually begin with a phone screen to determine if bringing you in for the face-to-face interview is beneficial. The formal interview will be in a group setting with the hiring managers. The interview will only be an hour.

Interview Questions

• The interview is in a group setting. Each interviewer asks their own random questions. The interview does not use newer situational based (S.T.A.Rs) methods. It's the easier, older style interview technique. They asked if I was prepared and able to work a lot of hours. The questions were pleasant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was limited. There is a set range for positions.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nissan North America in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Interview with Hiring Manager. After interview process, Manager informed was the first person considered for the position and they would notify me of the next step in 3-4 weeks after the initial round was complete. At 4 weeks, I politely contacted the HR recruiter for an update and they replied they would check and get back with me. After no reply, I learned the position was closed on the candidate profile tracking page, and I would be be filed under future consideration. Disappointed that communication and follow up was not better. I have no issue if a better suited candidate was selected. Leaving a candidate that interviewed twice in limbo is not courteous or considerate. Unfortunately for job seekers, this experience is similar with many companies of this size.