North Star Resource Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted via email about setting up a phone screening. I had a call where they asked basic background and what I was looking for in my career. The phone call ended with them requesting assessments to be completed online. This was a road block: if the assessments were good, I moved on. If they were bad, it was over. The assessments were acceptable and I was asked to set up an in-person. They gave me videos to watch and react to to bring to the meeting. I met with a recruiting member and had a good conversation. They followed up for a second in-person interview. I came in a week or so later and spoke with the national director of recruiting and development. The purpose of this meeting was to answer lingering questions and "scare me" about the position. This went well and the HR director told me that he would call me with a "final project". This happened on April 13th and it is now May 17th and I have not heard a word from them. I have followed up three times but have not gotten a single response. They completed ghosted me. Very unprofessional manner to do business. If they decided not to proceed, fine, but give some notice and don't make empty promises. Not trustworthy in my opinion for a company that claims to put a focus on the people of the community.

Client Relationship Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

There were four interviews in total, two of them being over the phone, the other two of them were over skype, looking for athletes who put in the time and effort into practice and games, competitive and willingness to overcome adversity

Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

Lots of interviews, 3 skype interviews, talked to lots of different people, including a recruiter. Had to take essentially a personality test to determine skills and motivation. Lots of opportunities for the interviewee to ask questions

Interview Questions

• Am I motivated enough to do this, even though we would constantly be put down by potential clients   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

There was a total of 3 interviews, moving up the chain from Recruiter, District VP and Director of Development. In person (campus), phone, and skype, respectively. For an internship they're really trying to get a feel for your attitude and outlook, much more so than your technical background.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

There are three separate interviews with different advisers. All of the advisers are very nice and most of the process is just them explaining what they do and you asking them questions about your responsibilities. It is important to come prepared with questions to ask or the interview will be somewhat short.

Interview Questions

• They ask about some previous work history and what you know about their business.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

First I attended the informational session. There were about 30 candidates and I believe everyone who expressed interest got interviews. At the actual interview with an advisor who developed his own practice, the interviewer was very considerate of me as a person. He actually told me he didn't think that I would be intellectually stimulated enough by the pace of work as a financial advisor, and recommended that I go to Wall Street instead. However, he did offer me a position as an intern with him.

Interview Questions

• One question they had was why I was interested in becoming a financial advisor.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group in August 2015.

Interview

The job interview was conducted in four separate parts. You spoke with four different people from the company. One was the head of their HR department. The next two were employees of the branch you would be intending to work at. And the fourth, at least for me, was the vice president of the company.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by a personality and logic test, and two in person interviews. The entire process took about two months. Pretty straight forward, nothing too crazy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group in March 2015.

Interview

Overall it was a very long interview process. Before the steps began I was told to get interviews with other firms, this alone added 3 weeks to the interview process. Then once the actual interviewing began, I talked with about 6 current advisors so that was pretty close to another 6 weeks of interviewing.

Supervisor, Adviser Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Star Resource Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The process started with filling a form that required me to enter basic information such as Past experience, qualifications etc. Once that was done, I was asked to go to the third floor. As soon as I got off the lift, the interviewer was waiting for me.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you faced and how did you resolve the situation?   1 Answer