Northern Tool + Equipment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northern Tool + Equipment Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.1

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment.

Interview

Interviewed with three people, was a big deal for them. Left with great feeling. Beware: Make sure you ask if they are hiring internally. Because you will get the email, they hired someone internally after wasting your time.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment (Midland, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Professional. Interviewers were on time and organized. Two rounds of interviews. One with the program manager and one with department directors. Directors seemed to have differing scope objectives for the project manager role they were trying to fill.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional. The manager openly admitted to cussing at his employees. You apply, interviewed. You're asked to take a drug test. Wait for your background check then hired. Interview was short and not a lot of questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Merchandise Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment (Burnsville, MN).

Interview

Brief phone interview, which was followed up with an in-person interview with two managers at their corporate location. All of the people I met at their corporate office were extremely nice. The in-person interview was easy - they mostly asked behavioral type questions, but the interview was not extensive enough (and I realized why afterwards). I was informed soon after that they hired an internal candidate, so I felt that they knew who they were hiring before my interview - very disappointing.

Human Resources Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment (Fort Mill, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Three step process, interview first with recruiter, then department head, both over the phone...then on-site interview with the department head along with (2) Additional HR Partners. Very thorough, but not intense, Most of the job related questions came from department head, while the personality questions came from the HR Partners. I took a tour of the facility and met a few other employees. I felt that everyone I came into contact with that day was friendly and welcoming. It also appeared to be a very organized and clean facility. Ultimately, it came down between myself and another candidate and I was not chosen for the position, I was given feedback which I really appreciated, this made me feel less inadequate about not being chosen. Overall I thought it was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a difficult situation you had to deal with directly, and what were the steps you took to solve the issue?"   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment (Burnsville, MN).

Interview

Initial phone interview, then an interview with three managers in person (separately, but consecutively). The phone interview was 45 minutes, and the in-person interviews took up about 2 hours. The HR manager said I would hear about the decision at the beginning of the next week. I received no further response regarding the position, even after attempting to contact the HR manager about it personally.

Interview Questions

• Consisted of some behavioral questions and also about my work history.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brainerd, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment (Brainerd, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

One interview over the phone. The interview in person was relaxed and unintimidating. Next step was a typing test, then drug screen. The questions were centered around people skills and product presentation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment (Lafayette, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. It was a panel interview. The wait to be interviewed took about an hour. While in with the Current Store Manager they ask a variety of Situation based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lead a team that was discourage.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment (Greensboro, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I am customer there first and I was talking to the manager and duty and was told they are having a hard time finding good employees. I told her that I am a veteran college student and was looking for some part time work and got my interview that way. I know much more about the products through using them myself then the general sale associates. When I ask employees about some things I am not familiar with I get a blank stare or I don't know. I was told in the interview it was part of my job duty to greet customers. I thought that was kind of ironic considering every time I walk in this store the sales floor people walk around with their heads down and go out of their way to avoid me. In short I told them I am college student, and it was pretty obvious I had tattoos from every time I was in there shopping so I would appreciate not wasting my time in an interview when I told you these things up front in the first place but is ok ill still shop there and watch the zombie employees roam the aisle for a laugh

Interview Questions

• Are willing to wear a long sleeve shirt to cover tattoos?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Tool + Equipment (Burnsville, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

two level interview process. First interview is with direct report supervisor and the second is usually conducted by a panel of peers within the department you are applying for as well as partners in other departments.

Interview Questions

• How did you communicate to your superiors when you were in danger of missing a deadline? when did you make your team aware of the upcoming deadline? How did you use the resources available to you to hit the deadline?   Answer Question