Nucor Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nucor Process Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Nucor

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor (Charlotte, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Panel interview process with a complete team buy in. Each interviewer will ask you a series of questions and then the team will collectively decide on whether you get an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you motivate a team when they do not desire to do the right thing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nucor

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Online assessment of math and reading skills, and a personality test. One interview with three supervisors followed by one behavioral interview with a psychologist. After that was a site visit with three interviews with 5-7 supervisors.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Received an email from a Human Resources employee asking if I would be interested in a on-site interview. Interview was at the Steel mill, so I dressed for the occasion (Safety shoes and PPE). Interview was face to face with the supervisor in charge of the opening.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nucor.

Interview

Everyone was very helpful to make arrangements for traveling and getting me to the facility. The interview process took about 4 hours and it was done it sets of two interviewers at the time. I think I did about 4 or 5. The process was painfully repetitive. My interviewers were visibly unprepared and some of them had not even read my resume. All the sessions started with the same question, to summarize my resume in chronological order which some of them had printed and some others just took notes of what I said. The rest of the questions were stock/generic questions. I was asked to tell them about a time I faced a difficult challenge about three times. There was long times between the interview sessions as if no one knew who was coming next. It was a very disorganized and awkward. It was slightly upsetting that some of the interviewers did not stop checking their phone. My impression was that in this company everybody has each other personal number and that is how they communicate on everything. One of my interviewers even told me very proudly that he was still in contact with operations while on vacation. Of course, he said because he wanted to. However, this makes me worry about what the company expects of you or what you get peer pressured to when you are off the clock. I really appreciated was that employees seem to have a great sense of belonging and team effort. They like to highlight how they take care of each other and help each other even when it means to work outside of their work description. However, it just seems to me that disconnecting during vacation or when you are off the clock is frowned upon . But that was just my impression. It would be wise to ask about this if you interview with them.

The title process engineer does not mean much, basically what I learned after 4 hours is that any engineer can be a process engineer. Their title is very generic and the job responsibilities seem to go all over the place wherever they need you. I had the feeling that nobody really knows what they are doing and they just wing it. I understand a lot of jobs can be like that but still with a certain structure. Here, I did not see any structure whatsoever. They highlight their lack of structure as a plus. In a way they are right, it is a great opportunity for growth and for learning new skills. But at the same time it seems to me like it is unorganized and that worries me a little.

They told me they were considering 5 or 6 other people for the one position. It's been almost two months since my interview and I have not been contacted back. I know I did not get it. Which is ok, but I wished they would have answered with a rejection letter. I think it is the decent thing to do and there is no excuse when you do not have a high volume of candidates. A stock email would have sufficed. But that is just me, no answer is the answer for some companies.

That's all I have to offer. Good Luck on your job search.

Interview Questions

• Summarize your resume from most recent.. over and over again.   Answer Question