Nucor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 96 of over 96 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nucor

Nucor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

Easy Going. Not too many difficult questions. Mostly HR stuff. Wouldn't worry too much about technical knowledge as there were no questions related to that. The interviewers were also nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe a good leader?
    Answer Question

Nucor

Application

I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

You have two interviews both focused on if you're able to work safely and as a team member who is able to accept responsibility. The interview process is laid back.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nucor

Application

I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

Took an assessment that included verbal, quantitive, problem solving, and a 16pf style personality assessment. After that, there was a panel interview followed by a phone interview with the GM.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nucor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nucor in Apr 2021

Interview

First interview with HR head hunter went well. They asked a series of 10 “personality and mentality” type questions. All answers had to be pulled from relevant and real experience that actually happened to you, could not be hypothetical. These questions weren't overly hard but then again they weren't the easiest either. I moved on to the second round where you had to take a 45 minute assessment. This assessment was several types of assessments such as, math, reading, IQ and personality. Then once the assessment was taken you were scheduled for your 2nd interview. This was a 2 person interview and mimicked the first interview. Same 10 questions. These gentlemen were nice but they did not explain the role or go in depth about anything. They also did not seem to want to get to know me or my experience and education. Answer the same 10 questions as before and then i never heard from them again even though i was promised i would get a response good or bad. It wasn't until i reached out after 2-3 weeks and was basically told “oh yeah, you didn’t get it.” Great company but very impersonal interview and too long to response back to me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nucor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

Individual Apply, there will be an entry assessment, interview (sometimes more than 1). The interview depends on passing assessment of course. You will interview for multiple departments at the location you're applying for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nucor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nucor in Jan 2021

Interview

Interrogation but not bad questions and asked by two people. They go back and forth and you answer as they go along. You must answer quickly and with confidence if you’re going to get it.

Interview Questions
  • What does attendance mean to you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nucor (Charleston, SC) in Nov 2020

Interview

The interview was virtual due to COVID-19. The interviewer was in a small meeting room with a wide angle camera showing the whole room making him appear small and a lot easier to talk to in all honesty.

Interview Questions
  • What would you consider to be your biggest flaw?

Nucor

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

first round was interview that was mainly behavioral. Second round was with managers and it was mixture of behavioral and technical questions that was mainly asking questions of do you know TDD.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe your leadership style?
  • Describe a time you had to challenge the status quo.

Nucor

Application

I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

2 phone calls that took about an hour each. one with other electricians, and one with a supervisors , 2 video calls that were one and a half hours each, one with shift supervisors, one with seperate engineers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nucor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

Process takes a while. Have to do multiple panel interviews. Even thought behind ask if you ha e any questions they don’t seem to like you asking them. Interviews are very intimidating.

Interview Questions
  • What is a difficult decision you were a part Of and how did you manage that.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 96 Interviews