Nucor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nucor

3.2

Clerical/Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Convent, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nucor (Convent, LA).

Interview

Lengthy process. Testing, and multiple interviews. panel interviews and psychological interview. Overall from application date to offer date was about 3 months. Assesment completed, called for first on site interview, then called for psychological interview, then for third interview. Job offered following last interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, offer was accepted.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blytheville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nucor (Blytheville, AR) in June 2010.

Interview

Got connected through university. Made arrangement over email, then visited plant to interview with department manager and two direct reports (sub-managers). Everyone was nice, professional. Interview was pretty casual, not specifically structured- didn't seem to be going by a pre-set list of questions. Asked about my work experience and ran through my resume. I'm pretty good at drawing relevant stories from all my past experience, and they seemed to be impressed.

Other class peers that I know well were also interviewed. I was concerned that it fell through, because it took about two weeks to hear back, but I got the first offer and accepted it.

Everyone in the place was really nice and positive, even just passing people in the hallway. I think the things that made me stand out were my age and work experience compared to my peers, and my blue-collar background. Although this was an office job, it's a very down to earth, "worker" respect culture.

Interview Questions

• The main questions involved a series of projects and ideas that no one had time to follow up on. They asked what I might be able to do with those ideas in the time given, and how I thought they would be important or help.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. This was for a set, arranged internship program. Housing was provided for the term and the pay was generous for a short-time internship.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nucor (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Two to three interviews before the final result, interviews are long and can be tiring. The panelists are experinced people with tons of knowledge. They believe a lot in hiring interns for full time positions and so it can be an important interview.

Interview Questions

• A situation where you had arguments with a coworker, how did you react?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was on campus after meeting at career fair. Got an offer a week later. However, placement took 2 months longer than was specified in the contract. Overall easy, and friendly recruiters made me feel better.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nucor.

Interview

There was 1 round of interviews and a company dinner. The first round was a 3 person panel and the dinner had several employees and about 6 intern candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond at a job or on a project.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Resume was sent in by a friend who had worked here previously. Resume was reviewed internally, after which I was offered a phone interview. Typically, I believe they offer on site interviews, however, I was hired kind of late. I received an offer letter approximately a week after the phone interview was conducted. Travel to site was reimbursed and housing was paid for all summer.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the principles of Scanning Electron Microscopy   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nucor (West Lafayette, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

The manager started by asking me about my background. Then we discussed courses that were related to the electrical side of their industry. He asked a few questions that were related to voltage and current. We also discussed possible travel options they had for interns.

Interview Questions

• A question related to the electrical engineering field.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jewett, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nucor (Jewett, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview. We just had a conversation about why I wanted to work there. They also went into more detail for what I would be doing as an intern. We talked about being flexible with my class schedule. Overall, it was a very low pressure interview.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nucor (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process was thorough, yet casual. The interview was primarily behavioral. The first round of interviews were 1:1. The second round of interviews consisted of 4 interviews of 1:2. The third round of interviews was a panel interview, which was 1:8.

Interview Questions

• They may ask several questions that are completely unrelated just to see if you are able to converse. For example, "tell about a time you had to fix something (lawnmowers/ home improvement, etc.)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor.

Interview

It was on-campus recruitment. They had several events throughout the month where you could spend time with the recruiters and learn more about the company. I had previously done a lot of these events and develop a relationship with the recruiters, along with being able to tour a facility with my college. I talked to them at our career fair and was called later in the evening asking to schedule an in-person interview the following week. I then had an interview with 2 recruiters, one of which I knew and the other I did not. We sat on either sides of a table. They asked a lot of questions, and important ones, but it was relatively casual and relaxed. They also give you an online assessment to fill out with some personality type questions and some critical thinking questions. After a few days I received an email with a general offer for the company and then was sent my assignment later on.