KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Nucor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 114 of over 114 interviews

Recruiter19%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Nucor

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor in Sep 2022

Interview

Had a teams meeting with the recruiter that went very well. Asked me to describe my work and some of my experience. I was scheduled for a panel interview a couple days later. I arrived 10 min early, checked in and wasn’t seen till 20 min after my scheduled appointment. Besides an employee coming out to make a copy and telling me someone will be with me, I felt ignored and my time was obviously not valued. The panel was made up of a group of managers and supervisors. The structured questions definitely need to be reviewed, the questions were almost identical and didn’t allow me to explain my actual role or experience in the job I was applying for. One of the gentlemen yawned twice as I was talking. I bored myself with the repetitiveness.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time ((Insert situation here)) and tell me how you ((Insert generic goal here))
    1 Answer

Nucor

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

Escorted in and 1-3 interviews will sit down and ask general behavioral questions to get a sense of you and try and figure out the type of employee you will be. Slightly intimidating at first but very nice and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever had an experience where you had to deal with an unreasonable colleague?

Nucor

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

Had to take a written test at local convention center. The next round being interviewed by three members of management. It was a very thorough. A third round of interviews was one on one. The process was over a month long. I had received an offer from another company by the time they called.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nucor

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

Interview was very technical. They did a very good job on making sure their candidates had a good technical background. I went on-site for a day to talk to the other employees so they could gauge how I would interact with the team.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about how drives worked and how 480 buckets operated.

Nucor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

3 hour long in person interview, everyone was nice. All of the questions are situational or "name a time when .." Be prepared for these because the majority of the interview is just that and then some questions about past experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nucor

Application

I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

Group of 3 people interviewing you. Questions were fairly easy and they encourage you to be yourself which allows you to be a bit more relaxed in the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
  • Why is safety important to you? What is something you’ve done wrong and what was the result? How did you correct it?
1 person found this interview helpful

Nucor

Application

I interviewed at Nucor

Interview

Technical and then HR. Plant visit. Multi-stage interview process. Was asked to solve an analytical problem on the spot. Safety was a major concern for them and that was very impressive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Nucor (Houston, TX)

Interview

Asking questions I do not know I have no idea and I am just looking. If I have job I would tell you. I might not find a job I am looking for a job Phone interview and asking direct questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nucor (Florence, SC) in Feb 2022

Interview

The process to hire is very laborite and detailed. Had to take a aptitude test on line then went through two interviews. The first was on the phone and second was in person.

Interview Questions
  • Safety practices and team work is a big focus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandenburg, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor (Brandenburg, KY)

Interview

It is a lengthy process. Generally, you will have a couple of phone interviews. If selected off the phone interviews, you will be invited to an onsite interview with a "panel" of 3 to 4 current employees. After this interview, if you make it you'll be asked to come in and interview with managers. Survive this round and you'll be scheduled to "speak" with the corporate psychologist. The interviews are very rigid, all interviewers have a set of preselected questions from an interview guidebook. It's all very formal and forced. If you survive all rounds you may hear something in a month or so. Most good candidates have already found other jobs by the time this group gets around to making any offers.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of safety related questions... and name something you did in a previous job that helped save the company money.
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 Interviews

Nucor Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Nucor as 68.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.15 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Design Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Entry Level Production and Shift Electrician roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Nucor takes an average of 32 days when considering 131 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Metallurgist had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Design Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 29 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Nucor according to 131 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 20.11%