Nucor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nucor Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

3.1

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nucor.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview. Couple of weeks later got an Onsite interview . Panel of 6-7 people interviewing one by one. Lasted almost 4 Hrs. Then another panel of 4-5 people asking behavioral questions. Followed by lunch and then Field tour interview.
    Total process time- 8 Hrs

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Online assessment of math and reading skills, and a personality test. One interview with three supervisors followed by one behavioral interview with a psychologist. After that was a site visit with three interviews with 5-7 supervisors.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Received an email from a Human Resources employee asking if I would be interested in a on-site interview. Interview was at the Steel mill, so I dressed for the occasion (Safety shoes and PPE). Interview was face to face with the supervisor in charge of the opening.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nucor (Irving, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

They were doing fast process interview. So, my interview was all in one day and it took 7 hrs and got result the same day. Everyone was so friendly and nice. There was lots of interview including behavioral , technical , assessment and interview with managers.

Interview Questions

• They asked lots of technical questions, behavioral questions and had to give assessment.   1 Answer

Electrical Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nucor (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First interview was somewhat technical, although they seemed to be trying to get a feel for my personality. Then plant walk through, which was theoretically to give me an idea of working conditions but seemed more like a vetting process. Then technical interview, which was supposed to be a technical panel interview, but was cancelled several times. Company did not seem very well organized, although interviewers were polite.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected   1 Answer

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nucor (Charleston, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

I just went on my first interview. It lasted a hour and a half. There is suppose to be a second interview. Thw process has been kinda of slow. The managet and leads seem to be great people. I had to wait awhile for the panel. The guard shack takes a while for you to get in the back. So take that in consideration.

Interview Questions

• If an employee has made you mad.   1 Answer

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nucor (College Station, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process has two portions. The first one consists of a structural quiz. The quiz is fairly easy if you review a little bit. Then they give you a second quiz with many questions that is impossible to finish in the 3 minutes given.
    The second part of the interview consist of just personal questions and some related to school. They are trying to get to know you better.

The part I did not like is that they never mentioned where the internship location was at. They kept saying it was a small town. A little bit annoying for me, why can you not be straightforward with applicants?

Interview Questions

• What class did you enjoy/struggle the most?   1 Answer

Entry Level Metallurgist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nucor (Decatur, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview that lasted about an hour and was with a panel of five metallurgists currently working at the facility. An onsite interview followed, consisting of three different panel interviews. Two were with the team members and the third was with the managers. The onsite interviews lasted a full work day and included a tour and lunch.

Interview Questions

• What is something that I am passionate about that helps to motivate me in school and in work?   1 Answer
    • What are the four strengthening mechanisms for steel?   Answer Question

Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nucor (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a panel styled interview. It was very unprofessional and the recruiters were a bunch of clowns making inappropriate jokes and not answering my question seriously. I regret wasting my time going to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had difficulty working with someone in a group?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was on campus after meeting at career fair. Got an offer a week later. However, placement took 2 months longer than was specified in the contract. Overall easy, and friendly recruiters made me feel better.