Nucor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nucor

3.2

Automation Engineer, Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huger, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nucor (Huger, SC).

Interview

I showed up. Met with the head of engineering David. He was nice but you could see he really enjoyed showing how smart he was and I wasn’t impressed. I wish him the best and I’m sure he’ll find someone who knows their better than me.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate force on a cylinder. Differential equations, calculus, ohms law, hydraulics, graphing math, how a plc works.   Answer Question
    • How to calculate advanced math. Basically the stuff you learn out of engineering school and forget since we never use it. Study up or they’re gonna make you look stupid.   Answer Question
    • I was half was done with my bachelors in electrical engineering at Clemson University just getting into core engineering classes David blank well leave his name out knew this. All while I was in school I was working as a controls engineering in the field (programming PLC,. They knew what classes I had taken and which I had not. they chose to pick questions from the classes I had not took yet. I have interviewed 21 times in the last 3 years only to be turned down 3 times for the position no hard feeling I wish them the best I just felt like I was being interrogated and out on the spot. Oh and they hair follicle test on site in case you like to burn one on the weekend I don’t . But I don’t care what you do in your spare time. No matter how much they offered I would never go to work for them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor (Chicago, IL) in November 2019.

Interview

At a conference I was invited to interview after taking online reasoning tests. Liked the company but felt that I was not a good fit for the role. Highly behavioral, very good people focused heavily on company fit .

Entry Level Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nucor.

Interview

Long and time consuming- submit application, wait at least a month, take an assessment, and do in person interviews with 2 or 3 panels of 3 people each. Seemed like it could have all been accomplished in one day instead of spread out over months

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nucor?   2 Answers

Electrical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bourbonnais, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nucor (Bourbonnais, IL) in July 2019.

Interview

I was first given a phone interview, and a few general questions that pertain to the job and company. I was then given an in-person interview with a panel of five people. After the interview, I was given a personality test and skill test to gauge my understanding of relevant topics in the field.

Interview Questions

• Can you convert a binary number into a decimal value?   1 Answer

Purchasing Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor.

Interview

Had a phone interview first, then multiple panel interviews. I had three panel interviews that consisted of 2-3 upper level managers in one day. I then had to come back to interview with other managers. The panel interviews lasted about 30-45 minutes each with each manager asking multiple questions very quickly. Had to be quick on my feet to answer questions efficiently and effectively.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had conflict in the work area and how did you handle stress.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Interview

It was lengthy, but smooth and easy. Everyone was friendly and helpful. To be hired you must pass a physical and drug test. Sometimes, you must apply several times before you are considered.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you made something at home or work safe that was not safe before?   Answer Question

Plant Metallurgist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawfordsville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nucor (Crawfordsville, IN) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview was in 2 period. 1st period was about 40 minutes with 4 managerial member and 2nd period with 5 technical and managerial member. They mostly ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If there is a person at your group who you do not like much. Then ow will you work with him?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nucor.

Interview

They employed the good cop/bad cop strategy. Interview went on for over an hour and was painstakingly miserable. Made me feel so small and they just kept asking me to elaborate further and further whenever I gave an answer. One of them, they were both male, made a comment that they were already married and weren't looking for anything when I mentioned my boyfriend in an answer and they both laughed hard. It was really weird and made me feel uncomfortable. I walked out in the end not even asking when I'd hear back by because I would never want to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• When shown seven balls all of the same weight and an eighth heavier ball, what is the fewest amounts of steps you're able to determine the heaviest ball using only a balance and not being able to pick them up yourself? Talk us through your thought process.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor (Starkville, MS) in February 2019.

Interview

The opportunity was available on the university website with specific sign-up dates. A 30 minutes interview occurred on campus with 2 interviewers. The interview was casual and laid back. The hiring process required a second-round on-site interview. Tried to follow up with the interviewer, but never received any updates about the application status.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nucor in February 2019.

Interview

I got the interview through campus career fair, which was the day after the fair. There were two groups of interviewers, each with 4~5 people. They had a list of set questions, which was the same for both groups.