Nutanix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Member of Technical Staff, QE Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process included a technical phone screening followed by 5 interviews on-site interviews (including lunch) at the San Jose HQ office. The process was very streamlined and HR did an amazing job in coordinating the complete hiring process. Overall, the process took 2-3 weeks from the inital application (employee-referral) to offer. I really appreciate the way the hiring process went and I had a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions depend on your prior work-ex, technical domain, problem-solving skills, and programming skills. How logical math problems and asked how can be coded in python, how packet flows in an SDN system, test automation design by giving scenarios, how would you debug a problem, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty painless. Required a multiple-round interview with technical and personable questions. Some of the interviewers did not show up, so it became a one-on-one.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

I passed the online coding challenge and 2 technical interviews. Then, a short final phone call was scheduled with the hiring manager before we could proceed to the offer stage. However, I was rejected before even having this call due to apparent miscommunication between the team I interviewed with and the manager. Recruiter was nice so I was set up with a different team and had a 20 minute call with that hiring manager which he was 15 minutes late to. I waited weeks until I was rejected again. Recruiter then set me up with another team and at this point I was required to do another technical round of interviews. It went fairly well but I ended up rejected once again. To sum up, I was strung along interview after interview for about 3 months and ended up with nothing.

Interview Questions

• 1. Print out a DFS traversal of a tree using BFS
      2. Serialize and reconstruct a tree
      3. Replace underscores of all keys in a dictionary with a $. (The dictionary also had lists of dictionaries)   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

There were 5 rounds. 3 of them were phone call interviews. First round was easy as it was HR round but the next call was with team leader. She asked me tricky questions but made me very comfortable so I was able to perform better and finally cleared the round.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Receive technical OA, really hard, beautiful row and color loop, need to finish in 90 minutes. All tests pass but get reject. I think they review the resume after you finishing the OA.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one coding round and two phone interview rounds. The coding round was LC medium level.
    The first phone interview was technical where I was asked a question related to the English dictionary (Trie problem). It also included detailed resume work-through.
    The second interview started with resume walk-through and talking about overall experience and interests. Later, I was asked some questions related to the system's domain and kernel.

Interview Questions

• Given the entire dictionary of English words, what data structure will you use to efficiently store and match the custom regex string like "D*sk", where * represents any single alphabet, and return the list of matched words?   1 Answer

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

Two phone interviews which I cleared off in December. I was suppose to get an onsite but for some reason it really didn't happened. The Recruiter was calls me in month of Jan and tells I am scheduling interview so I gave a few time slots. As the dates I have given were approaching the recruiter didn't even to follow up at all after many follow up emails. Truly unprofessional behavior. Every person's time is important. Do not take candidates for granted. Just because we need job that does not mean recruiters can do whatever they want. Have the courtesy of saying yes or no.

Interview Questions

• usual tech questions which can be solved. nothing out of the box   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was a two stage process. I had phone interaction describing the role, their expectation and what would be required of me. They also wanted to know, my background, my interest and why I wanted the position. The interview itself was fun, comfortable and casual. It was an informal chat. I interview with the product as well as the quality directors, both of whom were extremely friendly and lively.

Interview Questions

• The role called for the development a fail to predict model. Hence the major like of questioning was regarding the data processing stage and techniques of data cleaning.
      A bit of model structure and concept were also quizzed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Happened through university recruitment, rejected after the first two technical rounds. Both the rounds were telephonic. They asked LC medium questions. 1. Substring in a string 2. Dequeue using three stacks.

Interview Questions

• Implement a deque using three stacks   2 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

The overall feeling is relatively friendly, focusing on asking algorithmic questions. A total of 3 rounds. After submitting the OA, one week later, HR interviewed. Interview after a delay of 1 week. In the first round, check your resume to determine if the project details were made by yourself. In the second round, I started to write code questions and asked 3 algorithm questions and simple system design.

Healthcare Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (Boston, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

1:1 initial phone screen with the regional VP, then the week later a 1:1 phone call with the hiring manager, then a week later 2 phone interviews one with a field account manager and channel partner manager, then the following week face to face with the hiring manager, face to face with the regional SE and then a video conference call with the Regional Dir. or Technical resources.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you feel you'd be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question