Nutanix Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,236 of over 1.2K interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (New York, NY)

Interview

I applied through Linkedin and got a call from the HR in few days. 5 rounds of interviews in around ~20 days Interviewers and recruiters were good and supported throughout the process. Best interview experience I had so far

Interview Questions
  • React, Javascript, data structures, Algorithms, Restful Api, architectures i had worked on and some puzzles. Questions were of medium difficulty.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix (New York, NY)

Interview

I went through a two month process and nine separate interviews. Only to be told that they only want internal candidates. I was confidentially told that they just post the job externally because legally they have to. You can get into the company at lower level jobs and work up but they do not want to pay more for qualified candidates that are hired externally.

Interview Questions
  • Please Share With Us What Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Mean to You and Why They’re Important.
  • In Your Opinion, What Is the Most Challenging Aspect of Working in a Diverse Environment?
  • How Would You Handle a Situation Where a Colleague Was Being Culturally Insensitive, Sexist, Racist, or Homophobic?
  • Tell Me About a Time When You Advocated for Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace.

Nutanix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix

Interview

Total there were 8 rounds.. 1) hacker rank test (medium difficulty) 2) coding DS and Algo. (2 medium difficulty) 3) system design high level 4) debugging round. 5,6,7) different managers and directors on past projects and behavioural 8) HR round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nutanix

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nutanix

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me from LinkedIn and arranged an interview for the first round with some basic technical questions with a senior engineer from the team. The interview is about some basic questions regarding Linux and VMware. Or those simple questions that you can click your mouse in Google then you can find out. After that saying someone would contact me but was never contacted or informed. Very bad experience.

Interview Questions
  • Some basic questions regarding Linux and VMware. Those simple questions that you can click your mouse in Google then you can find out. Also asked me where do I come from? Which is very unprofessional.

Nutanix

Application

I interviewed at Nutanix

Interview

I never got a follow back up on this interview after multiple reach outs. I stop wasting my time on this. It would be nice to know if you did or didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
  • What's your quota? How did you strategize to get to your quota?

Nutanix

Application

I interviewed at Nutanix

Interview

Typical first interview to align on expectations and cover character-based questions. Was told a second interview was going to be scheduled, but it never materialized. Best guess is they determined I was over-qualified, or already had engagement multiple candidates with more, relevant job experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nutanix (Bangalore) in May 2021

Interview

Most unfair interview ever. Just had one coding round there I was asked 3 questions. Mentioned the questions below. I solved all the 3 questions in the most optimal way, coded in neatly, gave correct time and space complexities in 50 minutes. No other questions about my experience were asked. The interviewer agreed that it was the most optimal solution and seemed satisfied. Later checked on leetcode as well. Later I got an email from the recruiter after repeated follow-ups that the interview did not go well so they will not be proceeding further. It was so hard to believe. Very unfair. If you do not have requirements do not take interviews. No point in taking interviews and rejecting the candidates by providing wrong justifications.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Given an array that contains distinct integers, find the sum of minimum elements of all subsequences. E.g.- Array is [3, 1, 2] Subsequences will be: [3], [3, 1], [3, 2], [3,1,2], [1], [1, 2] and [2] Minimum elements: 3, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2 Answer: 11 2. Check if a Pythagorean triplet is present in an array with distinct integers. E.g. - array: [3, 10, 8, 6, 7] Pythagorean triplet exists: 6,8,10 3. Given a 2D array containing only 0 and 1. Each row is sorted. Find the maximum number of 0 in a row. E.g.- [[0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1] [0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1] [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1] [0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]] Answer: 6

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix (Belgrade) in May 2021

Interview

Several rounds of interviews. Two of them included coding. First one was to come up with solution to a coding problem (average difficulty). Second one was to design and implement small system (you should demonstrate understanding of OO principals).

Interview Questions
  • As a part of the second technical interview, they asked me how familiar I was with STL (standard template library).

Nutanix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix in May 2021

Interview

The recruiting team and interviewers were very professional, responsive and communicated every step in the process. The interview process was extremely well coordinated. Each team of interviewers asked me a different set of questions designed to understand my interest in the role, my knowledge of Nutanix, and my aptitude for sales. I had to participate in a mock sales call which pushed me to practice and be prepared for any questions that could be asked. The whole process gave me a much greater respect for being well prepared.

Interview Questions
  • What was one of your biggest challenges and how did you overcome it? How would the CIO of a financial services company benefit from Nutanix? Why are you interested in a career in sales?

Anonymous Employee in Central, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nutanix (Central, SC) in May 2021

Interview

Interview process went very quick! They made sure to keep me in the loop with the process of everything and got me hired with all the paper work in about 2 weeks! First interview was a phone screening interview followed my 2 virtual zoom interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Why Nutanix? Tell me a little about yourself Are you a go getter? what are your hobbies?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,236 Interviews