Nutanix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a great interview with hiring manager as well as multiple interviews and conversations with upper management and peers. Met with engineering partners as well as channel partners and discussed the value proposition of Nutanix. I felt like it was a bi-directional interview process.

Interview Questions

• They explained the different culture and different expectations coming to Nutanix and would that appeal to me.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

My experience interviewing at Nutanix was amazing. They move fast and are pretty responsive, my recruiter was amazing to say the least, very professional and likable.
    I had a couple rounds of technical phone interviews before a more thorough in-person interview with their SRE team at the HQ, I interviewed with quite a few people and managers.
    The interview contained detailed troubleshooting scenarios and the interviewers were considerate, pragmatic, helpful and amazing. I interviewed at the HQ in San Jose, and they have a parking structure next to the building which is pretty convenient.
    After a few days, there was another telephonic interview in reasonable detail with an escalation engineer.
    I am impressed with Nutanix, their process is pretty deliberate, and they seem to be pretty detailed in their checks and processes as is evident from the procedures I went through.

Interview Questions

• I went through a few rounds of interviews which included troubleshooting scenarios, routing and switching knowledge, virtualization, storage, memory and CPU utilization determination methods, sample scenarios, Linux and Unix tools and some scripting.   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix in May 2017.

Interview

Talked to HR had a positive conversation, HR moved me on to talk to hiring manager. HM kept asking me who I knew and based his hiring on who I knew not what I knew. I steered him away from the who you know line of questioning and talked about my past performance and how it would be a fit for the job. HM stated well we are about to offer the job to someone else with a simular background but if that falls through we will call you. To avoid wasting your time ask HR where they are in the hiring process. Unless you know someone their do not bother applying for a job. Looks like the comment about management from NetApp were true

Interview Questions

• Who do you know on linked in   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a call from HR through career fair . The whole process took about 2 weeks . They were fast in scheduling the interviews and processing the offer . Had an initial phone interview which was a coding exercise . Programming questions asked were simple . Met the team during on site interview . On site interview had 3 rounds which concentrated on networking questions and coding questions . Coding questions mostly were on binery trees and array .

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

Started with a phone screening from the recruiter and then 2 phone screens from the team members. I passed to the onsite interview. First interview was with the technical team. Then on a different date went back to meet business users.

Interview Questions

• Scenario Based questions related to building Workflow Rules and formula fields. Admin basics such as object relationships, profiles, roles, etc.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nutanix in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process for Nutanix was efficient and well structured. Everyone that I spoke with was very professional and provided valuable insights into the company culture. My interviews were conducted over the telephone and I was able to have positive conversations with driven, energetic, honest, and focused individuals at Nutanix.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to achieve if you were to work in this position and what experiences have you had that will help you in this role?   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nutanix (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted by Sales Recruiter within 2 hours after I had a former associate entered me in their employee referral system. One phone screen and one face-to-face interview was set up a couple days later. Met with the hiring manager the following week for a face to face interview. Scheduled an interview with the VP of Sales a week later. Communication with Sales Recruiter through the whole process was great. A very professional process throughout. Top Notch.

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

I think the recruiting team is extremely unresponsive and not professional. The recruiter reached out to me after getting my resume and we had a good chat about my experience.
    He said he would get back to me after speaking with the hiring manager and i did not hear back from more than 2 weeks. I contacted him to ask for a status update and he sent me some question from the hiring manager regarding my experience. I promptly responded to his email with the details and its been 2 weeks and still no response from them. I have asked for an update and still no response.
     When you are recruiting for a senior position, you need to provide an update to the candidate. If the decision is not to go ahead, that too needs to be communicated by the recruiter. This behavior of absolutely going silent is not good.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter went over my resume and asked about my experience. They contacted me for a phone screen,   Answer Question

Nutanix Response

Feb 24, 2017 – Sr. Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Our team strives to provide a transparent and responsive interview process. Because this isn’t the process you described to us, we’d like to connect ... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

I got a HR call after the campus career fair. It went pretty well but still i got reject and later i came to know that their team is already full.

Interview Questions

• They asked very generic questions like team members, strengths...   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nutanix in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for phone interview. Then went through a couple more phone interviews that were tech-related before an onsite interview. Final tech interview with someone in another region.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to networking, Linux, virtualization, and storage.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume during career fair, then received a phone interview notice from recruiter. During the phone interview, we first discussed a project in my resume for about 20 min. Then I was asked to solve the maximum subarray problem. Everything goes well but got rejected after two weeks.