Nutanix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a great interview with hiring manager as well as multiple interviews and conversations with upper management and peers. Met with engineering partners as well as channel partners and discussed the value proposition of Nutanix. I felt like it was a bi-directional interview process.

Interview Questions

• They explained the different culture and different expectations coming to Nutanix and would that appeal to me.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

Disappointing phone interview but decided to go on site hoping it would be better. It wasn't. All canned questions. No engagement in a conversation, felt like a series of inquisitions. Always "we will have time at the end for your questions" and all interviewers did a terrible job of managing time so never had time to ask questions

Was asked for my salary history & interviewer bristled when I refused to provide anything other than my target range. Made me a low ball offer 15% below my target. Didn't bother to negotiate

Company has serious ego problems and really needs to train their people on how to conduct a proper interview that is a two-way conversation. Would not go work there

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straightforward. There were a few phone interviews followed by an on-site round. It took around 3-4 weeks; it was pretty quick. Everyone seemed to be very passionate about what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions and my approach to product management.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and well structure. The follow up was very quick. I was scheduled for a phone interview on Thursday and my onsite interview was a Monday. When I came for the onsite interview, the HR coordinator greeted me and made sure that the first interviewer show up before leaving. Met up with 6 people for the onsite. The next round was a phone interview with the Director of Global Sales Recruiting. Within one day, they came back with the feedback.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very straight forward regarding about my background as a technical recruiter. They asked me about technical terms and technologies. They also asked me about Nutanix and what I know about them. The interviewers were very professional, respectful, and very knowledgeable.   Answer Question

Systems Reliability Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (Durham, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Seemingly three stages, though it is possible there are more stages given a candidate is successful on the third stage: a phone interview with a technical sourcer, a phone interview with an existing Systems Reliability Engineer (SRE), and then an onsite interview in Durham, NC with 2 SREs and a WW Support Manager. My only complaint throughout the entire experience was how awful the actual Durham location seems to be, but maybe I missed something obvious about ease of parking and to be honest I didn't get much time to actually explore the surrounding area. On the bright side, the people seem great!

The initial phone interview with HR basically went through some basic information about the role while asking a few questions about familiarity in some aspects of the role. The second phone interview had the SRE further diving into the role, speaking about their experience at Nutanix, and mentioning a few key tasks that they hope interns to regularly partake in. The onsite interview consisted of a run-through of four pillars - networking, virtualization, storage, and Linux. My knowledge outside of networking and virtualization is pretty lackluster, with my knowledge of networking and virtualization to begin with not being anything incredible, so I think that's where I fell short during the onsite interview. I don't remember specific questions that were asked, but the gist of it seemed to be fairly fundamental TCP/IP, virtualization experience with Hyper-V and VMWare since those were the two hypervisors I had used, software-defined storage (I assume) if applicable, and Linux questions ranging anywhere from the strengths of Linux to basic Linux commands.

Despite the rejection, arguably the most solid interviewing experience I had in the past two years of interviewing on and off while holding a job! HR made things painless, the onsite interview folks seemed great, and everything seemed 100% fair! Kudos!

Interview Questions

• Q: Honestly, I don't remember specific questions, but I guess on that was brought up would be "How would you rename a file via terminal in Linux?"   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

First there was a talk with the director, who'll be my boss. It was mostly about my experience, and the technical stuff was at a conceptual level; wide-ranging and thoroughly enjoyable.

Next there was a technical phone screen with one of his engineers. I was asked to write code via Collabedit to solve a fairly straightforward problem. I did it in Python, checked my code, caught a couple of fairly minor corner cases.

The next morning I received an email asking me to pick a time for an on-site interview. We settled on a date, and when I turned up there were 4 engineers who talked to me one after the other. I thought the interviewers were a good mix ; some probed algorithms, one experience, and the last had an extremely interesting problem. Last came the director, whom I'd already talked to, but this time the focus seemed to be on 'fit'.

Overall, very enjoyable as the people seemed sharp but not arrogant.

Interview Questions

• The last question was non-trivial, but doable if you didn't panic; I think a grounding in CS theory would make it easier to handle, as opposed to the usual algorithms/data structures grab-bag. It was the one I enjoyed the most, as it forced me to think.   Answer Question

Strategy and Operations Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

The interviews were conducted very professionally. However the thumbs down is for the extremely long interview process...right from the initial phone screen by HR to the onsite interviews - at every step of the way, I had to wait for 2-3 weeks and then remind HR to give me an update/decision. Not even once through the 2 month long process did they voluntary offered any updates or feedback and yet every time I followed up, they wanted me to proceed to the next phase of the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interview. One on campus, one phone call .. both of which were technical with coding challenges and the final one was with the director which mainly involved discussion about projects and resume.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

Two round I have been through, first round is HR asking your question regrading your resume, and scheduled me for an technical interview. In the technical interview, they asked me about my projects, how I did they. They started a coding question.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of designed decision you made for this project?   Answer Question
    • What are the some of the trade-off for your project design?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Hiring process consisted of multiple rounds of interview:
    1. Initial screening with recruiter
    2. Phone interview with Hiring Manager
    3. Onsite interview with multiple folks (5 hrs)
    Overall the experience was good and the co-ordinator was very friendly in accommodating all onsite interviews on a single day.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle the user adoption of new IT application?   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

I was interviewed over the telephone with screen shared for 45+ mins by Senior team member. Applied online, was contacted by HR and was interviewed for position was based on system testing on Python.

Interview Questions

• Questions on DHCP, OSPF and work experience
      2 Python questions   Answer Question