Nutanix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a great interview with hiring manager as well as multiple interviews and conversations with upper management and peers. Met with engineering partners as well as channel partners and discussed the value proposition of Nutanix. I felt like it was a bi-directional interview process.

Interview Questions

• They explained the different culture and different expectations coming to Nutanix and would that appeal to me.   Answer Question

Consulting Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was a number of phone interviews and in-person interviews. Their lead recruiter was very responsive and as a team they did a fabulous job being uniform in the process and communication. Grade A people in their GSO organization and in their recruiting department.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering the move?   1 Answer

Corporate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nutanix (Cary, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

This was one of the best interviews I have been through. I was interviewed by 6 people individually from varying job roles that I would be interacting with as part of the job. Each one provided insight on the job role and asked questions ranging from technical to personality and leadership.

Each person was engaged and interesting to talk to. Even though each interview was separate there was no repetition in the questioning. Each one pushed an area further and was a great experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward, whiteboard problems, panel of four. Quick decision, overall good experience.

The team was friendly, huge office, lots of cubicles but the space was set up nicely with lots of sunlight.

Interview Questions

• Code out a UI with x specifications in a JavaScript, HTML, CSS on a whiteboard.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nutanix in March 2014.

Interview

The three coding questions are: Valid Parentheses, FizzBuzz, Traverse root folder. The three problems are not hard but it seems that the interviewer didn't know what the problems exactly mean. He also asked me about how to write a fsck(file system checker) and how to check inode and things like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screens (with collabedit) followed by onsite. The process was riddled with delays right from the start as the recruiter was not very responsive. I applied because the company is on the verge of an IPO, and there is money to be made. Plus they seem to be doing reasonably well in terms of sales.

The interview questions were extremely simple. Nothing complicated, the standard, binary tree, string processing type of questions anyone with some interview preparation should be able to solve without much thinking. I think the cultural fit is more of an issue. They talk a lot about how they will take down the bigger companies which gets tiresome beyond a point, so take this as a cue to show your enthusiasm. Also, looks like they have hired too many folks already for the calendar year and have frozen their head count. So even if you get selected, expect to have a joining date after a few months or maybe after their IPO ?? If you don't get selected you most likely won't hear from the recruiter because they are too busy talking to prospective candidates about how awesome they are.

In short, the core storage side of this company should be an exciting place to work. I wouldn't recommend the manageability area as it seems below average. Plus their over hiring and then head count freeze doesn't give a good overall impression of their vision or direction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nutanix (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

First Asking question about the difference between thread and process, most challenge project, how to control the tread running order, and how to communication between the process. and what steps are, and some question about the memory address, the difference between the stack and heap needed in context swap and the coding problem Maximum Depth of Binary Tree

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree, find its maximum depth.

The maximum depth is the number of nodes along the longest path from the root node down to the farthest leaf node.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It's one of those companies that actively want to you apply and then go silent if you are not good fit.I can already feel the culture inside. My former colleague also interviewed there and had a bad outlook.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nutanix in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the University Career fair and heard back about the interview two weeks later. The first round of interview was a technical interview through phone. I was given 45 minutes to solve one programming question through Coderpad. The interviewer was professional and I thought the coding question was hard.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest path from the first cell in a square to the last cell in a square grid.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Most unprofessional interview process ever experienced. The interviewer was late to the interview. The person who called me was different from the person I was scheduled to speak with. The interviewer at the other end of the line did not introduce him/herself. Obviously was reading my resume on the phone for the first time. Could easily tell the interviewer was coming up with random questions on the fly to ask me. Asked me very specific and irrelevant questions about syntax. The interviewer was not logged into the technical interview website, so s/he fumbled around for 15 minutes. During the technical portion, which I had only 15 minutes to finish, the interviewer did not talk at all. When I explained the code, the interviewer did not ask me clarifying questions, but understood my algorithm incorrectly.

How a company conducts interviews reflects a lot about that company's values and culture. I recommend that you do not interview with Nutanix.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nutanix (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied during career fair. I received a phone call from the recruiter on the same day and the interview was on the next day, on campus. The entire interview took about 45 min.

About a week later, I received an email saying that they moved on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Explain 1)virtual function 2)stack and heap 3)your favourite data structure 4)what is object-oriented language... things like that.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Inorder traverse a BST (c++ coding test)   Answer Question