Nutanix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a great interview with hiring manager as well as multiple interviews and conversations with upper management and peers. Met with engineering partners as well as channel partners and discussed the value proposition of Nutanix. I felt like it was a bi-directional interview process.

Interview Questions

• They explained the different culture and different expectations coming to Nutanix and would that appeal to me.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied online. Recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview. Interviewer never called me. I called and left a vmail and sent an email. Interviewer sent me a note apologizing for their calendar snafu. rescheduled for the following week. Never called a second time. No response to my followup emails.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix (Durham, NC).

Interview

Most unprofessional interview process ever experienced.

Everything is about their culture. Meaning, if you're a functional alcoholic, you'll fit in just fine. I don't think they interview based on resume and actual skill, they just want to know if you'll be fun enough to join in on their lunchtime flip cup and beer pong games.

When they do actually ask you about your experience and qualifications, they decide to throw in comments about how much they don't like your current coworker who used to work for them. To add insult to injury, they then make you wait four weeks before telling you they've moved on to other candidates without any feedback.

Unless you're a frat star with a liver of steel, don't bother. The "culture" is code word for HR nightmare.

Interview Questions

• Do you like our craft beer fridge?   1 Answer

Nutanix Response

Aug 22, 2017 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience. What you’ve described is counter to the best-in-class experience we provide our candidates. Our HR Business Partner and Sales... More

Systems Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nutanix (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by a hiring manager for a 30 minutes interview, simple questions made and scheduled a new interview with technical team.
    3 rounds of technical interviews with future peers, escalation team and a cross site interview.

Systems Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

First phone call with a recruiter and then a technical phone screening followed by Skype interview with Durham Team and then a Skype interview with San Jose Team. Feedback of all the rounds were given within a week and interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based and general questions related to Networking, Networking, Linux and Storage.   Answer Question

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

One phone screen, one long onsite interview with the team, and another phone call with the big boss (Talent Acquisition Director). The questions are general ones, but still, require a lot of thinking and reflections. It's more about culture fit I believe.

Interview Questions

• They ask me how I prepared for this interview and what questions I think they might ask, which is quite unique and interesting. I like the team so much.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nutanix (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was fast, well structured, and seamless. The folks that interviewed me were high level executives looking to ensure the position I was seeking was the right fit for both my career and Nuntanix. Once it was determined there was a mutual benefit both both me and Nutanix, the process from first interview to offer letter happened within 5 days.

Interview Questions

• What motivated you to consider Nutanix?   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted the resume online and the recruiter called hours later. The onsite interview consists of 5 people covering different technical aspects and behavior questions. All the people I have talked with are very professional. The recruiting process is very streamlined.

Interview Questions

• Questions covering algorithms, data structure, domain specific designs, general architecture and design questions   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nutanix (Urbana, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

On-campus Interview. Recruiter called the night before and scheduled it the next morning. The interview went alright, although I did not get time to prepare. Interviewer arrived 20 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• One question regarding Leveshin Distance and another question regarding heap.   1 Answer

Senior Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix (Durham, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Taken very seriously. First was contacted by a talent acquisition professional where she explained the role, company culture, products, etc. After talking to her she scheduled 3 next interviews, then 3 more, then 3 more, then 2 more. It was a long process but they are growing really fast and trying to assure everyone they hire understand their culture and/or will adapt quickly. Process took almost 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Explain technically about our main solution or what we are trying to solve with our products?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nutanix (Durham, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Call with recruiter, then call with two managers, then onsite panel interviews. The interviews were all pretty informal. They just wanted to be sure I was a fit for the group and they were all very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were challenged and overcame the challenge.   Answer Question