Nylas Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 36 of over 36 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nylas

Featured Interview

Nylas

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nylas in Nov 2021

Interview

I was reached out by an outside recruiter. Then, I had a phone screen with an engineering manager, which asked me about my background, and what I was proud of doing in my current job. Then a few days later, I had a coding interview with an engineer to refactor some code. Afterwards, I have final interviews with four different people. Two of were technical and the other weren't. I thought I did poorly on the second technical interview, because I hadn't studied algorithms in the last 4 years. The non-technical interviews were straightforward. We basically talked about my experience, my projects, my learning, and my career goal; and they tried to gauge that I would be a good cultural fit to the team. A few days later I got an offer that I wanted. Special shoutout to the Nylas technical recruiter Sam! She was always happy to answer questions and help in the process!

Interview Questions
  • The first coding question was to refactor a Slack like application. In terms of the technical questions in the final interviews, the first one was to design software architecture for a notification system, and the second one was to implement an algorithm for message streaming.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Nylas

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nylas in May 2022

Interview

found out they have a vaccine mandate and that was the end of it. this is to bad it is forced like this they will lose out on good talent coming up

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

207K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Nylas~1122980
Join the conversation on

Nylas

Application

I interviewed at Nylas

Interview

Had a preliminary interview, completed a 1 hour take-home assignment, and then had an interview discussing career goals, and being assessed on technical and nontechnical skills. Process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nylas (London, England) in Mar 2022

Interview

3 stages only made it to stage 2 the 1st is a zoom call with a us hr manager the second is with the sales manager in the uk and the 3rd is a panel interview that comprises of senior staff

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nylas

Application

I interviewed at Nylas

Interview

Quick process, direct interaction with hiring manager throughout. 2 screening calls. On-site with 3 rounds with different people on the team (sales, product marketing and digital marketing) and a presentation (to be prepared ahead of time) and presented during the final round to 5 folks.

Interview Questions
  • On-site with 3 rounds with different people on the team (sales, product marketing and digital marketing) and a presentation (to be prepared ahead of time) and presented during the final round to 5 folks. Why this company? Why this role? Talk about previous experiences

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nylas (London, England) in Jan 2022

Interview

External recruiter screening followed by hiring manager interview which was promisingly candid revealing opposite culture in EMEA to USA which was refreshing. This was quickly followed up with a panel interview 30 minutes with an EMEA solutions engineer to discuss 'Working with SE' who again was candid and a fantastic 45 minute discussion. Next was an ambiguous and disingenuous 30 minutes with two USA BD & Enablement to discuss 'Cross-collaboration' which I led with content I had prepared to discuss ways of working. One of the two interviewers was stronger than the other who couldn't get a word in over their colleague. Subsequently, this went against me for not being a cultural fit because I led the interview. I followed up with emails and inMails Thanking everyone offering an offline additional 30 minutes if they wanted to get to know me because of the 'miscommunication' for lack of time in the interviews which nobody replied and a follow up to Chief Revenue Officer who didn't bother replying either. Post-interview feedback was generic from USA based internal recruiter. External recruiter in EMEA was honest enough to tell me my feedback was known to Nylas and that 30 minutes was not long enough for two interviewers to interview one candidate and that Nylas not getting that in EMEA, an interview is a two way process. Overall, company is quite immature in its hiring practices in EMEA and hiring manager whether through inexperience/immaturity or ego could have done more to prepare me/future candidates for the panel interview topics; who would be in the panel and what they were looking for given that I had come prepared for the interviews with food for thought. Red flag - would be that previous candidates have shared that topics are ambigous at panel interview and it is not enough time to interview each other in EMEA but Nylas know this and havent changed their hiring practices in EMEA for cross-cultural consideration. Red flag - would be they haven't invested in demo labs for their products and use customer environments which is a bit cheeky given they have taken on so much money from investors. Red flag - would be that the art of possible is so wide that a challenge they have is qualifying opportunities and don't really follow MEDDPICC which is another sign of immature salesforce/inexperienced middle management. Red flag - would be that EMEA management dont trust people working remotely and would prefer people to be in the office which is a stark contrast to the culture and values picture that Nylas paints in the USA. Red flag - would be no season ticket loan for the expected commute to offices in EMEA.

Interview Questions
  • Panel Interview Task: Prepare a presentation of a previously sold SaaS to present to interviewers.
  • Panel Interview Discussions: Working with an SE

Nylas

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nylas in Jan 2022

Interview

Strange & frustrating experience...30 min call with one of their recruiters. I left the call feeling like things went well. Every answer I gave, recruiter was very enthusiastic about and told me multiple times how relevant my experience was for the position. Recruiter said I'd hear back in 2 days regarding next steps. Received an email the next day saying they wouldn't be moving forward.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Nylas

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nylas in Jan 2022

Interview

Interview initially went well. My interviewer said she wanted to move me onto the next round and would send me an email asking for my availability for the second interviewer. She told me the process would be 4 rounds total, with one of the rounds being a take home assignment. 4 rounds and a take home assignment are somewhat inconvenient for job candidates, so I asked her if professional references were required. She told me they were not required, but that the company could change their mind on that. Her tonality went from friendly to cold and distant. I suspect she had now written me off for asking if the company required professional references. She has still not sent over the email asking for my availability for the second round. Changing your mind on a candidate and then not informing them is unacceptable and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nylas

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nylas

Interview

Couple of screening interviews with the hiring manager followed by the SVP. Then went into technical round which was your standard system design and coding challenges. They really go above and beyond in making sure you are comfortable with the process, the company, and making sure you have any questions answered. Culture seems like a hard working group but very inclusive which was attractive to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nylas (Ottawa, ON) in Dec 2021

Interview

I had a quick 30 min call with the Technical Recruiter who was very helpful, followed by introductory call with the Hiring Manager. Unfortunately the Hiring Manager wrote me off immediately after hearing my high-level overview of my background without giving me a chance to elaborate on my actual professional experience and skills, which matched the job description well. Either the Hiring Manager already had another candidate in mind for the position and so wanted to get the conversation over as soon as possible, or he made a rapid highly biased judgement of me. On asking for any further details on why he feels I wouldn't be a good fit, I was given a very vague answer related to my experience. I can accept this if he gave me even a small chance to discuss my previous roles, or if he provided any details on how he thought my background did not fit the position. In the end I just felt disrespected and unfairly judged.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Nylas

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nylas

Interview

Virtual zoom interviews. One round to talk about work experience and the interview introduce their group. One round technical with coding and architecture questions. Took two weeks in total. ----------------------------

Interview Questions
  • Good: The interviewers kind. The questions they asked make sense and you can get an idea about what their work may focus on through the questions they ask. Bad: For both rounds of my virtual interviews, the interviewers were late for the meeting.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Interviews