Ogilvy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

I submitted an application online and heard back fairly quickly from a recruiter to schedule a phone screening interview. I moved on to a first skype interview ( which was mainly behavioral questions). There was then a second skype interview which was a case interview.

Internship Interview

Interview

The process was a straightforward process, nice recruiters, and HR professionals. Essay application and then further interviews. The only negative (besides not getting an offer) was that the recruiter would not provide feedback after the interview process ended. I was hoping to receive some constructive criticism but was pretty much ghosted.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me for an interview and we scheduled a date to speak over the phone. The recruiter never called, and I sent a follow-up email the same day asking if she wanted to reschedule. She didn't respond until the next day and we scheduled another date. 2 minutes before the interview she canceled it and said the position was filled.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy in March 2020.

Interview

send in 2 writings prompts, 2 referrals, etc in your application, then a video interview. however, when they began sending out links for filling out interview slots via Calendly, it was incredibly unprofessional. the Calendly link was broken, which is understandable, but it led to them to email all candidates to reply back with which time slot they wanted. Despite the fact that I would reply to their emails in less than 1 hour, they still ended up rescheduling me 4 times. It was very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words to describe you?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized/manage tasks?   Answer Question
    • Name a twist you went through in life, whether it’s school, business, life, etc. and how you dealt with that   Answer Question
    • Name a difficult task you went through at work and how you went about that   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Chicago, IL) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied for the program right before the deadline, I heard back via email about 3 weeks later. In the email, we had to select a time for a zoom interview the following week. A zoom interview was set up. It was 20 minutes long. Each candidate received the same 7-8 questions. Here are the ones I remember:

Associate Program Interview

Interview

I first had a phone screening that was very brief and asked me standard questions about my resume and why I was interested in Ogilvy. I then had a rigorous superday that consisted of many things such as interviews, workshops, presentation

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?   1 Answer

Account Supervisor Interview

Interview

One round in phone, one round in person. Met with 3 people, one was to be my direct manager, 2 were other people in the department. Got an offer within a week.

Senior Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY).

Interview

Very surprised by the interview process. Got an immediate call the following day from very senior in house person for what was supposed to be in an informal chat. She proceeded to "grill" me for close to an hour and at times was a bit arrogant about the Ogilvy model and how it was superior to approach other agencies take. Keep in mind this was for a senior managing director position in PR and you would have a seat at the table with all of the other practice heads working on some major clients and you would be the PR subject matter expert. Loosely stayed in touch with HR person for a few months while the company appeared to go through some challenges and then they ghosted me.

Interview Questions

• How much new business do you generate each year?   Answer Question
    • How much experience do you have taking lead on new business presentations?   Answer Question
    • What is your global experience like?   Answer Question
    • Would you feel comfortable working in an open space environment?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ogilvy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had one 20 minute phone call with a very nice recruiter. Short behavioral call and I asked a few questions but not too crazy. Didn't get the follow up interview though...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to stand up to a person of authority   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogilvy.

Interview

Sent application and I received a phone call to ask about my personal situation. The interview questions are not hard but you need to prepare it well. I think the HR manager is good.

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview scheduled with the recruiting manager. She was really nice. Then, she scheduled me to interview with the Media Director. It was a really quick interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The Media Director was pretty straightforward. He asked about my past experiences.