Old Time Pottery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Old Time Pottery Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

1.7

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Time Pottery.

Interview

The interview process was about 15 min and it went well just basic interview questions.. its very easy you will get the job. Just look up basic questions and perfect your answers and you will get the job.

Interview Questions

Old Time Pottery Response

Feb 20, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for sharing a little about your interview experience with Old Time Pottery. Hopefully, your question about the Company's future was answered well. There are many exciting things going on... More

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Old Time Pottery (Fairview Heights, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

[[REGARDING THE ENTIRE PROCESS]] - I can't remember when I applied for the job because I applied a while ago. I remember first applying to this job a year ago. After that, I applied about 1 to 3 months ago, but I'm not sure. Therefore, I said 2 months ago on my entire process.

I received a call on May 2, it was Old Time Pottery. The person on the phone wanted me to come in for an interview, I gladly accepted. I was surprised at the call because I applied for the job a while ago. On the day of the interview, I dressed up pretty nice. khaki pants and a nice blue dress shirt. I arrived 25 minutes early and spoke to the first associate I could find. That person lead me to the back and I waited for my interview.

During the interview, she asked me basic question regarding my experience, what I would do in certain situations, etc. Towards the end, the person basically told me that I'm wanted in the mornings, I said gladly said that would be no problem. I gave her more information and I was told that I will receive a call soon.

Three days later, I received a call, the job was offered to me and I accepted. The entire process starting from when I received the call on May 2 towards the point I was offered the job is a week.

Sorry for not listing more interview questions, I don't quite remember them.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Time Pottery (Madison, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

He asked me why do you want to work for Old time pottery. Also he asked me to describe a situation where I had to deal with a difficult customer. How did I handle it ect. Also they ask you what did you like best about your last job and why you left. It was very laid back and there was very little pressure. The manger there is very cool , and he works out alot. Make sure he understands you will work very hard and you will always be on time. They want someone who will be on time most of the time

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Time Pottery (Merrillville, IN).

Interview

Asked few questions. Interviewer seemed to be in a hurry and didn't understand the material. When she asked more than basic questions, she felt the need to re-explain and said the exact opposite of what the question was trying to ask.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Time Pottery.

Interview

Went in for one interview with assistant manager. Interview was 1 on 1. A couple questions then went home. Called back within the week and got job. Took store tour and had 4 hour shift of training for 3 days.

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Time Pottery (Merrillville, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online on snagajob.com and it took 2 weeks yo get a call back. After I was asked to come in for a job interview. I met with one guy who was really nice and very professional with me. After my background check is complete which he told me takes 2-3 days I should receive a call back.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Time Pottery (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Interview was nothing special very much like any other interview with alot of the same questions. Interviewer asked questions on past employment to see if I was familiar with working retail.

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase. I was informed that they pay more than min. wage because they expected more than min. wage work but I later found out that they may start you out over min. wage because the raise percentage is very low and it comes yearly.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bonita Springs, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Old Time Pottery (Bonita Springs, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and asked if I would be interested in the position, I talked with him about 30 mins on the phone and we agreed it would be a good fit. I was contacted two days later for an interview with SM , DM and HR rep. I completed the interview with them and was made an offer after the weekend.

Interview Questions

• None. Real pleasant people to interview with, asked basic interview guide questions and previous employment   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I felt the pay was what I was looking for

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Time Pottery (Madison, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

Was called for interview a week after applying on snagajob.com. Interview was 1 on 1 with the store manager and was fairly quick and simple. Was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What did a typical day look like at your last employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Time Pottery (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Showed up, got seated in the front of the store in front of customers/employees (very professional). Was asked basic interview questions. Somehow the conversation was diverted to a show on TV and then the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult was asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I was asked to come in to fill out paperwork.