Oppenheimer Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very long interview. About 5 hours total in a rotational process. However, it was a very pleasant experience. Interviewers tried to make sure I was comfortable and doing well between sessions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many questions regarding previous experiences - which was already expected, but I had to repeat myself a lot.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Interview

The interview process was very brief and casual. As I was coming from another job, they already pretty much knew what I knew, and were confident I could do the new job. very informal and easy going.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much only asked me if I understood what I would be getting into. There weren't too many tough questions, as everything was pretty informal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took one day to think about it, raised the number 20%, and they said sure, the money was not an issue.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

Got an email asking to schedule for an in person interview. First interview they ask you basic questions. Nothing too technical. Afterwards I got an email to schedule for a second interview. This one was meeting with the team and they ask more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• First Interview: Tell me about yourself
      what are your strengths
      Second Interview: Java questions
      polymorphism
      Abstract/interface
      SQL optimization question   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings.

Interview

Networking your way into the firm is relatively easy, Get to know someone in the firm and the rest will fall into place. Interview with HR was easy, up to brokers that you will be working with for final say.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very nice people. Short Interview, basically explaining the job and what it entails. Went through all the various opportunities that the company offers. They seemed to be happy if you have questions for them. Look interested and dont be nervous. Might be a while before they get back you. Be confident and be yourself.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard process. Applied online and received a call within 10 days. I had one phone interview and one in person interview. Then a week later got a call about an offer. Very seamless process overall. The phone interview is with a VP and the in person is with an MD and associate.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Very Straight forward. There was not much market based questions. Definitely more behavioral. On the contrary, I was not in the NY office so things could be different. In all, I would describe the interview process as very simple and I encourage anyone to give it a try. Just make sure you are comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 on-site interview
    typical behavioral questions: tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume.
    asked a few questions about my class work and interest in finance, knowledge of programming languages such as MATLAB and VBA.
    No brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      what do you know about optimization   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings.

Interview

1, introductory phone call (~30-45 minutes) going over background. not very many technical questions
    2, in person interview (~1hr) again mainly seemed to assess cultural fit rather than understanding. just asked a few questions about basic concepts...

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Got referred through a friend and overall, it was a good experience. I was supposed to intern for two partnering brokers in the company and they mostly talked about their field of work and projects. They were polite and courteous and I definitely learned much from that interview!