Oppenheimer Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oppenheimer Holdings Interview Questions

Interviews at Oppenheimer Holdings

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings.

Interview

Mostly behavioral interview, it was a fair and quick process. I applied through school, I received and e-mail then was invited into the office the same week. I was given an offer the following day and accepted.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings.

Interview

Interviewed with nice people, talked about my background and experience. No oddball questions at all and no curve balls or unexpected inquiries. No panel interview, just back to back to back.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and how you would be a good fit for this position? What do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings.

Interview

Focused on background, experience, as well as interest in asset management. You should know about OAM platform and what they do. Questions were mostly behavioral, while there were some technical components covered.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings in May 2019.

Interview

Pretty typical finance interview, usual fit questions, wanted to know about leadership experience and past work. A real emphasis on projects you had previously worked on. It was a much more conversational interview than anything else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on in your past roles   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

4 rounds of phone calls with different analysts and managers at the firm so they could understand what you are looking for and what you have to offer. The first interview was with a associate then the next two were with the head analysts, and the final interview was with the head manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience researching the biotechnology industry?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Pretty general Investment Banking/Finance interview, depending on interviewer there was more of a focus on technical vs behavioral but nothing too unexpected. Definitely prepare for technical questions beforehand. Interviews were via the phone and then video chat.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (Hauppauge, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

After applying was emailed to call for interview. Three days later I went, Manager was late, I had to wait 30 minutes. Not very helpful with input or feedback. Knew I didn't get it right away. Too far from home. Overall experience ok

Purchasing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview. The interviewer was the Director of the Purchasing Department and he was a great guy. The interview went great. He was a personable man. It wasn’t quick. I could tell he wanted to get to know me properly to well-assess my ability to become his employee.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with rumors that happen within the company?   1 Answer

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings.

Interview

Phone, Superday. I applied early in the process and had a simple phone interview with an HR and MD in the group. Secondly, was a superday Skype with 4 thirty-minute meetings

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Reached out to an MD and got referred for a first round phone interview. Was interviewed by someone who had been at the firm for just a few months after graduating. 30 minute call split equally on fit and technicals