PCL Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PCL Construction Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.7

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a face to face interview with HR. After one week, HR contacted me and gave me the offer. In the first day of working, we are introduced with the company culture and safety knowledge.

Interview Questions

• ask questions according to my resume. Do you want to relocate? Do you want to work on site or in the office? Can you tell me something about the project process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI) in December 2016.

Interview

I met a high level manager at an awarding ceremony and we spoke at length about management. The person's insight and progressive thinking is what lead me to seek employment with PCL. After which I had a formal interview with the HR Manager. Then a subsequent interview with the executive manager, a construction manager, and a PM.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses, or what would others describe as your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Met with President, VP, Ops. Manager, HR Manager and Field Ops. Manager. They all had scripted and non-scripted questions. Very professional and efficient. The interview was in person and was a bit intimidating at first given the number of people and their positions within the company. The intimidation went away rather quickly and the interview was more like talking story than being grilled.

Interview Questions

• Given the many choices I had in Honolulu, why did I want to join Nordic PCL?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone to have a phone interview with the Senior Project Manager. The overall interview last about 45 min.-1 hour, which it was a very easy going interview. After the phone interview, I was contacted by Human Resources where I was forwarded an offer from PCL Construction to work in the Orlando, FL office for the summer.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get out of an internship?   2 Answers

Project HSE Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction.

Interview

Met with the district manager and project superintendent over dinner. Questions were asked and answered. I didn't have any experience in construction other than 11 months as an intern years ago. The district manager gave me a chance on his conviction I had what it took to take on the role.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Kalamazoo, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Very fast. I have been contacted by a recruiter one week after I submitted my application. She asked me basic questions about my degree, work experiences, plan for the future. She basically went through everything I put in my resume

Human Resources Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Received a preliminary screening call. Received another call making an in person interview appointment. Went in for an in person interview. It was a very pleasant experience. She just asked me about my previous history and my skills. She told me a little about the job and the pay rate. A week later I received an offer.

Ironworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PCL Construction (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

You have to set up a company profile under the careers tab. Check their job openings, call recruiters, background, alcohol and drug testing.
    Next they send you to the safety classes. After you accept you willrecive an email, it is very informative with everything you need know about position, pay, location, hours, etc

Interview Questions

• Do you have TWIC card and/or NCCER   2 Answers

Help Desk Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PCL Construction.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with someone from HR and gave my salary requirements. Got an onsite interview with the systems administrator. Easy, laid back interview asked about my past experiences and technical skills for the position. I was qualified for the position so it was fairly easy. Didn't hear back from them for about a month or two which was aggravating

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past IT positions   1 Answer

Executive Administrative Assist Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PCL Construction (East Rutherford, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Before the interview, I was asked to complete examinations on Microsoft Word and Excel. My scores were perfect but I do suggest taking the practice sessions prior.

The wait was short, and the women interviewing me were pleasant and professional. Some scripted questions but a fairly natural flow to conversation. A strong emphasis on teamwork. The interview was interrupted by the Project Director that I would be directly assisting. I had a strong notion that he wanted to ensure the position was filled by somebody that would ensure a smooth transition and could be a part of the PCL family for a long time to come.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background in construction.   Answer Question
    • We cannot have somebody that says, "that's not my job." Can you work with a team? Are you flexible enough to multitask?   1 Answer