Parata Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Parata Systems Interview Questions

2.8

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Parata Systems (Durham, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I lieu of sending a resume, I was asked to answer 4 questions. This lead to an HR screening via phone. I was then invited to the office for a team-based interview.
    This approach was geared toward finding the right cultural fit and to more accurately capture potential.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a new project?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Parata Systems.

Interview

Went through several rounds of interviews with Human Resources, the hiring manager and then the team. Process was thorough and I was able to get my questions answered. The interview process prepared me for the job at hand.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about past experience and what I could bring to the table.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Parata Systems.

Interview

One week after applying, I received a phone call from an outside screening company. They gave general information about the job and asked if I knew how to use hand tools and other diagnostic tools. A few days later I received a phone call from HR. They gave more specific job details and emailed me a map of the geography I would be covering and general health insurance information and costs. I was given the starting salary. I was able to negotiate a higher pay if an offer was extended. I was asked about my job experience and what I could bring to the table. A few days later HR called me back wanting an in person interview. I met the hiring manager a week later at a local hotel lobby. He asked the typical job interview questions. It was fairly informal. It lasted a little over an hour. Three days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How to obtain an IP address on a Windows XP computer.   Answer Question
    • What is my experience with troubleshooting equipment.   Answer Question
    • How do I react to a customer that is not happy with their equipment.   Answer Question
    • How long do I attempt to repair something before I ask for help.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Parata Systems.

Interview

The interview I did went smoothly. The recruiters asked me few technical questions. I was couple years ago but not as tedious as they do today. I think one over the phone, two others face to face. I had to wait for background check and other verification to clear up. But it did not take too long overall.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for the position   Answer Question

Field Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Parata Systems (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a casual interview process over the phone because they already had a couple candidates earmarked. I have been through interview processes at Parata in the past and they are very good interviews. They are usually panel interviews with two or more interviewers asking an array of position related questions. They seem fair in all accounts, and it was good that time wasn't wasted in this interview when decisions to hire other personnel were clear. It would have been nice to get a full interview though for personal experience, but I understand the business needs of how the operation was carried out.

Interview Questions

• What skills could I apply from my current position to the position I am applying for?   Answer Question

Parata Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Parata Systems (Durham, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

I went through roughly 9 interviews (both phone and in-person) during the process. It felt like it took awhile, but I also was VERY sure that Parata was where I wanted to work when I was done. I got to talk to most of the people I would be working with regularly and got a really good feel for the company and culture and also what would be expected of me in the role. Intense, but thorough process.

Customer Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Parata Systems (Durham, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

My job position was listed on Craigslist. I emailed a resume to the manager and was called for an interview a few days later. I interviewed with HR and also the manager of the department I would be working in on the same day. I started about 2 days later!

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parata Systems (Durham, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

The initial contact was from a recruiter who was impressive because she knew the company, the traits of its leaders - and she understood and was able to communicate the needs of the job. There were several phone conversations and email exchanges with the recruiter to get what she needed to pitch me as a candidate. The onsite interviews included peers and each member of the team to be managed by the position - good questions and open dialogue. Next visit included an interview with the supervising VP, HR and the CEO. All were transparent and engaging. A third session was a panel interview with members of the team to be managed by the position.

Interview Questions

• Neither difficult or unexpected - but a common question focused on work prioritization - approach to prioritizing and balancing urgent demands from multiple stakeholders.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter was amazingly good at balancing company and prospect interests through the negotiation process which took about 4 days. No surprises, no punches - very transparent on benefits, salary expectations were set early on so no big surprises there - just a matter of juggling start dates and settling on a final number.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parata Systems (Durham, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

Only had one interview, and I had very little preparation going into it. It turned out to be quite simple, with a mixture of easy technical questions and several questions about my experience. Know the Software Engineering basics and be ready to ask questions. The people are friendly, and will help if you get stuck on a question.

Interview Questions

• Had some questions based on a bit of XML used by the company. They were actually quite easy questions, so don't be thrown off.   Answer Question

Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Parata Systems in July 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with multiple people. Panel interview with over 6 manager / senior engineers.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were standard personality, educations, or mostly technical.
      situational questions included   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO NEGOTIATION!! PERIOD.