Paycom Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Skills test. Two in person interviews (One with the manager. One with the CIO.). They started with a call about my application. Then sent me a link to test my knowledge (kinda insulting but okay). Then pulled me in for two interviews. Last interview was a dud CIO was not very interested in answering questions. Did not seem to really care.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
    Describe your coding style in three words.
    What do you do at your current job?
    1 Answer

Nov 11, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback as we’re always striving to improve the candidate experience. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

First was phone screening. Second was a face-to-face interview in the company itself. They asked about my experience in php and database. And asked many questions on mysql specially. It took 2 months for the process and took 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why computer science?
      Inner join, outer left join, best thing and worst thing about php

Dec 22, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. We wish you the best of luck in your job search!

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Stillwater, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my College website. It took around 2-3 weeks. They conducted two rounds of interview first at our college and the second one was conducted at their head office (Oklahoma City)

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 4, 2016 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview had 3 rounds,
    First, an on-campus interview.
    Second, an online test on PHP mySQL and C#.
    Third, an onsite interview with a Senior Developer.

On campus was the longest one had mostly technical questions and a few behavioral which included classic questions like why this company, why your university, my major interests and previous work.
    Online test is pretty simple, if you know basics of PHP C# and MySQL. I did my homework so it was easy.
    On-site was just a 5 min interview. No technical stuff at all, just questions about my previous work.

Overall the experience was really awesome, simple and straight forward. The HR dept. rep was really helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Anagram
      Count of each unique character in a string.
      SQL Groupby.

Nov 10, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the kind words about our interview process. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Referred by a friend to the company. Recruiter contacted me to apply on their website. Called in for interview. Showed up on site to have a 1 on 1 interview. Basic questions of my personality and thoughts on different languages and development enviroments. Asked basic fundamental questions of programming nothing that was too tedious or challenging.

Interview Questions

• What programming language to you believe will outlast the others?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

One phone screening, this is straight forward, behavior and guestimating your amount of skill level with coding. Next will be an interview. Then another, then finally one last interview. Overall, the process is not hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted 20 to 30 minutes. They asked alot of basic technical questions. It was pretty straightforward interview. They also asked about your previous programming experience and how you can contribute to this company.

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Norman, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through Career Fare. Got a call to setup interview which will be held ON-CAMPUS and after getting selected. You will be called for ONSITE interview which is quite exciting for me as this is my first internship.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous projects (which are present on my resume). As my undergrad background is Electronics and Communications, they asked me why I am interested in Computer Science. Tell me about your previous CS projects you are involved.
      After getting selected ON-CAMPUS, ONSITE interview is pretty good. Little more detailed explanation about previous project and I was asked --- how do you find whether given pair of words are anagrams or not? Basic DS helps you to crack interview.....

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole process had two rounds. One at the university and one at the premises. They had a reception the night before the interview and gave a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• How did code influence your life?   1 Answer

Mar 16, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the interview review!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

The toughest part of the interview process was driving to OKC. The communication between HR was excellent and the interviews were very comfortable and pleasant. HR contacted me and set up a first interview. The afternoon of my first interview, I received a phone call asking me when I would be available for my second interview. One day following my second interview, I was made an offer. HR was available via phone or email to answer any questions that I had along the way and the interviewers were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I prepared for the interview questions, so I didn't find any of them to be difficult or unexpected. Most of them had to do with my previous programming experience and the level of skills that I had with each programming language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had done my homework on the position and I had a bottom line amount that I could accept before I would even consider moving. Their first offer was competitive and met my expectation.