Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "1 health insurance, great friends, etc" (in 49 reviews)

• "There are cheap catered lunches in the cafeterias with different options everyday which is convenient" (in 71 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is no joke when ALL the reviews say there is no work life balance" (in 84 reviews)

• "Long hours but they are worth it" (in 50 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work for highly talented people that want growth opportunity"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paycom gives you a platform to grow as an individual and a professional. It is a great environment for people that are hard working, highly talented, and have the desire to continue learning and developing into bigger and better roles. This is a great place to have an opportunity to really make a difference.

Cons

If you do not like working with positive, hard working people, who continue to stretch themselves and get outside of their comfort zone to improve, then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on developing best of class technology and stay true to your commitment of making the environment for employees second to none.

Feb 8, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you so much for your review!

"Good Company. Great opportunity to develop corporate skill set"

Current Employee - Client Experience Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Client Experience Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good organizational Culture from top to bottom. Paycom focuses on development if you are willing to take advantage of the oppurtunities

Cons

Heavy work load. Which isn't a con if you enjoy what you do. Hours can be long

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great sales training to go with a great compensation plan. You have to work really hard but that expectation is set from the beginning. Fun culture that is fast paced. I have really enjoyed my experience here and would definitely recommend to others who put compensation as a high priority in their work life.

Cons

You will have to work a lot, 60 hours a week is not out of the normal when you first start. This is all made very clear upfront so, if you are willing to work hard, you will have a great experience here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Visionary company leaders that are focused and revolutionizing the industry.

Mar 22, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"Great and intense company!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best comp you will ever have as a young sales professional, hands down. Growth & development is huge, with so much upward mobility. The company is rapidly climbing in the industry, and definitely making heads turn.

Cons

Change happens at the speed of light and you must adapt as fast as possible. It's a difficult job, but extremely rewarding. No work-life balance, but that's what you sign up for when you have the opportunity to make $500k in your early 20s.

Mar 22, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Fast-paced environment that rewards hard work"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom has a ton of opportunity for growth and development

Cons

Long hours for certain departments

Mar 13, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"3.5 years in operations"

Former Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, stock options, benefits, and if you're not in New client setup or long term care, a great work environment

Cons

Insane workload, and no understanding of any factors that interfere with one's ability to solve problems with the one tool available to the specialist: working hours.

Advice to Management

I cannot begin to answer this question. The fundamentals of what operations is expected to do is so flawed. Middle management cannot speak truth to power, so operational personnel are perpetually in a position to fail or kill themselves to try to succeed. I've never seen a workforce so dependent on psychiatric treatment to deal with the pressures of thier daily grind. More people have diagnosed depression and anxiety than in any other line of work I've ever seen. You will be a wear surface- a human brake pad that will overheat and wear out unless you find one of the few great jobs at the company that will actually grant a sustainable lifestyle.

"Constantly Evolving, great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had several years sales experience prior to joining Paycom. I was very hesitant at first about the opportunity. 3 years later I have received a promotion and am living my DREAM job! I am forever grateful to Paycom for the time and resources that have allocated to develop me as a sales professional as well as personally. I have been able to work extremely hard and change my life and the peoples around me. Yes the money is endless when you work hard, but its more about the impact that I can make in others lives on a daily basis. Since the company is growing very quickly, my career path has been accelerated faster than I could have ever imagined! I would recommend Paycom to anyone that is looking for a challenging but ever-rewarding experience to CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!

Cons

better snacks approved for each office.

Advice to Management

continue to deliver on resources in regard to training and developing your people!

Mar 4, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture! It's a great place to continue to grow yourself professionally. Tons of opportunity for promotion & recognition. Paycom provides professional development through out your time!

Cons

I have no cons to report! Keep doing what you are doing Paycom!

Mar 7, 2019 – Paycom Representative

We're so happy that you are happy at Paycom! Thank you for sharing your experience.

"Cuurent Employee"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company that is seeing huge growth in all departments. Lots of room for upward mobility. CEO has terrific vision for out 1, 5, and 10 yr plan.

Cons

Lots of travel depending on the territory, but that was discussed in the interview process.

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"A dream company for ambitious, hard-working achievers. Top level talent led by tenacious, influential leaders."

Current Employee - New Client Setup
    Current Employee - New Client Setup

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of us have experienced the prospect of living life stuck in a boring, dead-end job. We’ve all seen friends and family trapped by their work and letting life happen to them, rather than living it purposefully. If I were to prescribe a remedy to that situation, it would be Paycom.

Paycom is a place of limitless opportunity. The ceiling is as high as you’re willing to reach, and innovative achievement is encouraged, recognized, and rewarded. Culture and leadership from all levels are the focus of their brand, and the overwhelming external success that they experience is simply an overflow of the vibrance of their personnel. Paycom employees are incredibly diverse, but all share a common goal - to be a part of the vision that is altering the face of our industry.

Paycom is rife with perks, but the true reward is being handed the tools necessary to carve your own path. Your future is what you make of it. There are department directors who started in entry-level positions, and, because of the dynamic leadership structure, were molded and empowered to rise to the top.

I’ve been with Paycom for five years and I feel like I’ve just begun my career. There is so much long-term strategic vision that it’s easy to envision myself staying with Paycom for the rest of my working years. And the best part is, no one has missed the ship - the growth here is so consistent that our new hires still feel as though they made it in the door on the ground floor. If you have energy, ideas, ambition, and the desire to be a part of an industry shaping dynamo, Paycom is the place for you.

Cons

The work is rigorous, but rewarding. There are times when you feel like you’ve given every ounce of yourself and are exhausted, but you will generally feel satisfaction at the work you’ve done.

It is very important to be intentional about work-life balance at Paycom. It may not feel like it’s possible every individual week, but Paycom gives ample vacation time, and the restrictions on when it can be used are minimal. Managing yourself well is the key to having a healthy work life, and while a career at Paycom is demanding no matter what department you work in, leadership is supportive of rest and mental health.

Advice to Management

Never lose sight of your people. Always care for them and empower them, and continue to challenge the status quo.

Mar 7, 2019 – Paycom Representative

We're so happy that you see the limitless opportunity at Paycom. Thank you for the review!