Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
Cons
  • PTO first year, work life balance (in 42 reviews)

• This job involves hard work - especially while you are in training (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - HCM Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - HCM Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth, perks, benefits, year end party, training, continued education, amazing leadership, friendly atmosphere. If you work hard and put in the work and strive to be a great leader, opportunities will come your way. It is an amazing company who has leaders that want to see everyone excel and flourish. Paycom appreciates its employees and will continue excelling. I have never worked for a company that has so much growth opportunity and truly values their employees.

Cons

No cons in my eyes. A lot of people complain about work however, that is your job and it is so exciting to see how much a paycom is growing. Yes, there will be long days and stressful situations that will come up but that is just part of it and that is at any workplace. Every company will have times like this. We are a growing company and are going to continue to grow and improve. Paycom has the best leaders to help guide and support you and the training department is amazing!

Advice to Management

Continue the amazing leadership, sharing the vision and empowering your employees.

Oct 21, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your Paycom experience with others. We're glad you're a part of the Paycom family!

2. "What an awesome first day!!"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Today was my first day and i can already tell I am going to have a great career and future here. When i arrived i had a special parking spot just for me. When i was brought into the orientation room i had a spot at a table with my name on it. The reason i feel comfortable with Paycom is i can tell that this company values it's employees which in turn means their clients/customers will be given top notch customer service and a smooth payroll processing system. I am very blessed and fortunate to be apart of this great workforce and can't wait to become an asset!

Cons

I did not encounter any issues and do not plan to, from what i have been told by current and former employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Everything was thorough and well organized.

"Implementation Specialist"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

There is a lot of freedom in this role, you get to manage your schedule while ensuring all of your projects stay on time. It is also not the monotonous role that a lot of other jobs are, this job is truly different every day.

Cons

Although not necessarily a con, the role evolved tremendously. Change is necessary for a company like Paycom.

Feb 24, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. While each job is different, we'd hate to think any role is monotonous! We appreciate the feedback.

5. "great talent search"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

when I applied for one position, they asked me to come in for another position that they felt I was more qualified for. I love my job!! Everyone there is very friendly!

Cons

I don't have any cons thus far.

6. "Really enjoyed working there"

Former Employee - Development Setup Specialist in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Development Setup Specialist in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment, company focuses on the value of each employee, management is communicative and friendly.

Cons

PTO is slow to earn

Advice to Management

Allow more upper management positions in the Lewisville office.

Feb 24, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your review and feedback.

"Paycom"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycom is the most amazing company with exceptional leaders. There is plenty of growth opportunity and they compensate you very highly. I have nothing but amazing things to say about Paycom. I am unbelievably grateful to work here.

Cons

I do not have anything even remotely negative to say about Paycom.

Advice to Management

None.

Feb 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Paycom.

"Great perks from the outside, growing pains on the inside"

Current Employee - Team Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Team Support Specialist

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my first job out of school, and I can honestly say it's not terrible. There are plenty of good benefits and perks, which is a nice gesture on Paycom's part. I have met some great people and it is absolutely a young, energetic culture. Some people absolutely love it here, and that is great for them. If you have an aggressive, determined personality and desire above all else to be at the top (how you get here is irrelevant) and make as much money as possible, you will likely thrive at Paycom. As someone who values genuine relationships (especially with my superiors) and wants to feel invested in and valued by my company, I have learned that Paycom is not the best place for this.

Cons

The starting pay is really not great at all. I could have gone anywhere else out of college and made nearly twice as much as I make here, but I took at chance as I was lured in with promises of promotions, raises, and opportunities to move around and try as many positions as I desired! I quickly learned this wasn't the case-I didn't even have the option to level up for a year, and moving positions/departments is certainly not an option-unless you're friends with upper management that is. Otherwise, any expression of dissatisfaction will result in performance improvement plans, empty promises of "talking to management", and even termination (this is what I have observed, not experienced personally). There is a ton of turnover, probably due to targeting college grads who have never had a full time job, and then promising dozens of untrue things.
    There are some awful people in leadership. I truly was prepared to love my job, but I had unprofessional TL's who destroyed my optimism. I was told to direct my questions elsewhere or figure it out on my own when coming to TL's with a question, I watched them flirt with members of their team and ignore the rest of the team, I listened to them gossip and make fun of other employees, and I listened as they placed the blame of any negative process onto upper management in order to keep their slate clean. Overall, the relationships were ingenuine and most people (leaders included) had ulterior motives of using you to make themselves look better and move up quicker. The greatest issue I have with the company, though, is the amount of empty words and double standards. There is so much inconsistency across teams and departments that it is always impossible to know what is going on. I have spent weeks working on "urgent, necessary projects" only to finish and realize they were unnecessary because not everyone was on board or informed. This causes constant frustration and unorganization, and quickly breaks trust.

Advice to Management

Please, please pay attention to who you are promoting into leadership positions. Bring in older employees with more life/job experience and level-headed wisdom if needed, as that is greatly lacking within the company. Benefits and perks are fun, but those will not stand the test of time if they are not paired with genuine investment in and authentic relationships with your employees. Be willing to accept criticism and learn from past mistakes. Simply speaking things into being, like saying "We Win" over and over again, will not in fact cause the company to "win", at least in the long run. Everyone seems a little too blinded by money and power.

Feb 17, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. Paycom is committed to building a supportive culture for our employees and we’re sorry to hear that you feel your experience has been otherwise. As a current ... More

"Hard work is rewarded"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation, development, trainings, travel, reaching your potential

Cons

PTO first year, work life balance

Feb 3, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback.

"The Stress of Micromanagemt"

Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is truly a great product and the opportunity to make crazy money at a young age is there. The sales offices are full of young and successful people who are great to spend time with. The sales training is amazing, definitely worth my time at Paycom just to go through that program. It really is equivalent to earning a BA in 1 month.

Cons

Expectations change on a weekly basis for sales offices. Every week there is a new metric that you need to hit and a new form of micromanagement to try to push you towards rarely achievable metrics. The "Paycom Standards" are ridiculous. The company vision is "world domination" (words from the CEO) and the sales team is understaffed for the types of numbers that they want offices to hit. You can expect your sales manager to be sitting next to you making sure to critique every phone call you make and not let you spend and extra 5 seconds off in between phone calls. You will be getting text messages and phone calls from the sales manager all day long asking for updates. The management is very young and immature. Everyone fears the CEO. At the end of the day, you just feel like you are getting stomped on by upper management. Once you think you have things figured out and everything is going well, the expectations will change the next week. Ask about the turnover rate for the sales team if you are interviewing for a sales position. Also, the company is going through some growing pains right now. Sales Reps are given too many responsibilities from the transition and client relations team, which is resulting is lower customer satisfaction than advertised because the Sales Reps are only trained to sell, not implement.

Advice to Management

Try to have some consistency. The standards and expectations change every week and it causes the moral to be extremely low. For a company that cares so much about company culture for their clients, the sales offices are treated like dirt.

Feb 16, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The training regime and expectations of the Paycom sales team are both challenging and lofty – by design – and not for everyone. The HR technology software ... More

11. "Great Benefits, But Long Hours"

Former Employee - New Client Setup in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - New Client Setup in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere and positive company growth. Also, has wonderful benefits like health insurance, catered lunches, retirement, etc.

Cons

In the New Client Setup department it was a lot of long hours. I worked a lot of overtime and several weekends in order to meet the deadlines that were required of us. I had numerous weeks where I was working over 70 hours. That would not have been so bad, if more vacation time had been available, however, I was only allowed 5 vacation days that first year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, but find ways for your employees to be able to spend more quality time with their families.

Feb 16, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Like many other companies, Paycom has peak periods during the year when we rely and trust our employees to “go the extra mile” and communicate this ... More