Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The work-life balance can be difficult during busy seasons" (in 82 reviews)

• "Long hours are required at the beginning to learn everything" (in 47 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I enjoy coming to work each day."

Current Employee - Attorney in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Attorney in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is a fast growing, fast paced company that is doing big things, while maintaining a collaborative, family-like culture. I am blessed to have the opportunity to work on a broad array of issues, which has resulted in substantial professional development. You have to be ready to roll your sleeves up and work hard, but that adds to the fulfilling nature of the job. I sincerely enjoy getting up and going to work each day, which has not always been the case throughout my career.

Cons

The fast pace means you have to bring it each day. While that is a challenge, I ultimately enjoy the results of that, and get to go home feeling proud of what I accomplished.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jan 16, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and insights on what you enjoy about working at Paycom!

2. "That's crazy talk!"

Current Employee - Design Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Design Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you’re looking for a company that’s growing fast and succeeding by doing it right, look no further than Paycom Software in Oklahoma City. Working at a rapidly expanding company is fun, when you’re exposed to challenging assignments. After all, businesses can’t move into new product lines and markets without talented people to help lead the charge. This is a great place to work. The people are friendly, a joy to work with, and the company perks are nothing like I’ve ever seen before. If you’re single, your health insurance is $1.00. Now that's crazy talk!

Cons

The free latte machine on my floor is broken sometimes, but that's no big deal. I just go to the 2nd floor.

Jan 16, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We love the feedback and will speak with our facilities manager about your issues with the espresso machine.

3. "Great Place to be"

Current Employee - Marketing in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Marketing in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Winning culture. Growth industry. Performance driven

Cons

It seems no one wants to fix the coffee maker on my floor.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Jan 16, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

4. "Great People, Great Company for a Great OKC Community!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Culture; The people are hard working and easy to work with; Leadership takes issues head-on and works to resolve them; Ability to move up or into another dept.

Cons

Unable to bring family inside the building to show them where you work due to tight security but this is a good policy due to the nature of the confidential data so I have no issues here.

Jan 16, 2019 – Paycom Representative

This is great feedback! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights with us.

5. "They know how to take care of the employees."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere to learn and grow with team and business growing around you.

Cons

None in my experience, still a growing company a lot more to happen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work !

Jan 16, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you very much for your review and comments!

6. "Best Company I Have Worked For"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Paycom for a little over a month and I have throughly enjoyed it thus far. The first day orientation gave a lot of important information. The staff has been so friendly and helpful. They acknowledge that I am new and they know I still have a lot to learn and are more than willing to help me. The training process was three weeks, which I feel is enough time to get through the basics. If at any time I felt I wasn’t understanding something, I was not afraid to ask. The training staff gave no indication that they were bothered by my question. There is a gym here which I think is amazing. There are so many events throughout the year that help employees get involved. I can definitely feel that the company cares about their employees and their success. Even though this is a big company, I don’t feel like I am just a number on a page. I have worked at a couple other big companies, never in corporate, but I never felt as valued as I feel here.

Cons

No cons to mention at all!

Jan 16, 2019 – Paycom Representative

This is so great to see! Thank you so much for your review and feedback. You are absolutely valued as an employee and we are so happy to have you!

"Solid company"

Current Employee - Benefits EDI Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Benefits EDI Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, open-communication workplace, change for development, open-cubed concept, constant events for employees

Cons

Long hours, other similar jobs can be done from working at home with secured laptops

Advice to Management

Paycom is doing great! I love the growth that is occurring within the company and how much it has already changed me. My only recommendation is that some of jobs - such as mine - can be done from at home and can really help out with balancing the work-life balance. It should definitely be considered for those who are seniors and who have proved consistent solid and positive performances.

Jan 14, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback! We will be happy to share your feedback with the leadership team.

8. "Great culture and compensation"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orange, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is awesome here and the compensation is great since it takes some time to ramp up

Cons

I don't have any negatives!

Advice to Management

none! Everything is great so far

Jan 14, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review!

"Losing Their Identity"

Former Employee - PSD Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - PSD Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunities.

Skills learned here provide you with immense opportunity to transition into nearly any industry and adapt quickly and be successful.

Extensive initial training.

Great starting pay.

Great benefits.

Great facilities.

Some places view Paycom survivors as valuable employees and that will assist you in obtaining employment Post-Paycom.

Cons

Lack of work/ life balance.

Lack of consideration from management regarding the lack of work/life balance. It seems as if upper management is made up of individuals who have either blinded themselves to the lack of work/life balance or are career minded enough that it is not a consideration. I have seen supervisors in the past boast about being home after 6pm. With the firsthand knowledge that the majority of supervisors and team leaders are expected to be there before 7am this is a concerning mindset that has been established in the leadership of the company. And this mindset flows down to their employees which creates a culture that is far different from the one that had Paycom winning awards for being a Top Workplace. In my time there, this award season came 3 times. The first time the survey for this award was given to every employee at the all company meeting. The second time it was only given to Team Leaders and above (at least in PSD) and the third time it was not handed out at all to anyone I knew in PSD. Take that as you will but that shows me a lack of confidence in the employees' opinion of the company.

The turnover in PSD is often regarded as trimming the fat or getting rid of people who didn't have the right vision. The reality is that this quantifiable data should be used to examine the workload given to specialists and that workload should be reevaluated extensively.

Often times to processes or policies are implemented by TLs or Supervisors who are trying to get their name tagged onto something to help them move up. Sometimes these processes worked well department wide. Sometimes these processes worked well on a team level but were not conducive when applied to the department as a whole due to the variance from client to client. This is typically not considered and when complaints arise about the process not being effective the feedback is essentially "deal with it" or "it worked for them, it should work for you." Rarely ever is a process completely scrapped once it is announced even if it is found to be unsuccessful across the majority of the department. Personally I have made formal, evidence backed, and non-hasty objections to processes only to be rebuffed by management and told the process is not changing.

Beyond the change in culture and massive workload, there is a severe lack of lateral movement in the company if you are in PSD. While the opportunity for promotion within PSD is great it only exponentially increases the workload. From my experience--PSD leadership would rather lose employees from burnout or termination before allowing them to transfer to another department. I have seen many employees leave Paycom when they could have contributed in another department but were simply denied their request (even if their work history should have merited a transfer) without any explicit reasoning provided. When I left, there wasn't even a process or written policy that I was aware of for transfers. It came down to who you knew and if they were willing to pass you along to their friend in another department. While I understand department knowledge and growth is important for promoting within the department it should also be a consideration that a valuable employee that still wishes to contribute in another manner should not be denied that opportunity if it means they leave the company.

Advice to Management

Understand the lack of work/life balance and don't disregard those who value a better balance simply because management or other employees are fine or just silent about it.

Be intentional when it comes to listening to process changes proposed by employees and testing them out (the best implementations I ever saw came in stages rather than being done department wide all at once). And be thorough and open when fielding complaints about newly implemented processes.

PSD specifically needs to work on viewing your employees as an overall company asset at Paycom rather than a PSD or NCS or Sales asset and allow them to continue to contribute to the company if they have shown knowledge, skill, leadership, and drive but see their path leading into another department.

Jan 14, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Paycom. We are sad to see your experience was not more positive but we wish you the best and will share your comments with the leadership team.

10. "Sales Account Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is an amazing company that provides huge earning potential. The Sales Account Manager position is unique in that there is no prospecting, no cold calling, but still huge opportunity to sell to existing accounts and bring in a lot of revenue and commission. The people who work at Paycom are truly amazing and really do care about employees as people, not just as numbers which is unique in such a large sales environment. If you work hard, enjoy a challenge, and are motivated to make money, this is a phenomenal career and environment. I only left due to personal relocation needs where Paycom did not have an office at the time, so I absolutely would recommend this position and company.

Cons

This isn't a con necessarily, but know that this position requires a lot of driving and can require you be 2-2.5 hours away from the office at times. They offer a car allowance which definitely helps.

Advice to Management

Keep doing an amazing job and rewarding your sales people with great compensation, prizes, and trips!

Jan 9, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!