Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 55 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 30 reviews)

"Awesome place to work"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time at Paycom so far. They really invest in and care for their employees, provide great benefits and work hard to maintain an outstanding company culture. I've worked multiple places and none of them come close to Paycom's culture. I especially love my department and co-workers. We make a great team and support one another. I'm very thankful to work here.

Cons

It's hard to think of any major cons. A recommendation for a future benefit is an on-site daycare. That would be a huge value add for employees!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. We have excellent management that really puts their hearts into Paycom and it's truly inspiring.

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and input! We appreciate it.

"This is hard to write, but..."

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The sense of community is astounding. I love my coworkers and enjoy getting to work with them every day. The benefits are also hard to compete with, which is why I am still with the company.

Cons

There is a lot going on in one of our client facing departments. They are currently requiring members on these teams to have their phones on DND no more than 1 hour a day which is great for clients, but not so great for our team members. 6 employees were just fired for cheating the system. Instead of Paycom taking a step back and asking themselves why their employees felt the need to do what they did, they fired 6 individuals who collectively, had several years of experience behind them. Which honestly, is something they cannot afford.
    There is also a current issue with training. It's not enough. It's paid, onsite training, but with the amount of stuff you're required to get done in a day, things start slipping through the cracks. You cannot take care of the customers without the proper training. (You also shouldn't fire 6 people that do actually know what they're doing).
    Paycom seems to think anyone is expendable. "Fire 6 people, no big deal. We'll just hire someone who we think will do a good job even though they haven't been here but 6 months or have no business leading a team." seems to be the slogan of our managers as of late.

Advice to Management

This company is falling apart from the inside out. We win all these awards and sometimes, I'm not sure how. Sure, we're compensated nicely and you give us gifts every month, but the way some of us are treated is almost inhumane. We are not expendable. We put time, value and money into getting to know this company and into doing our jobs. No gift you give me is going to make up for the fact that the amount of stuff I have to do in a single day takes me away from my family.. stress is so much, it often makes me sick. You're probably going to respond and tell me this company may not be the best fit for me, and that's fine. But hopefully someone else will see what I'm saying and make the decision to stay away from this place until our executives have figured out what it is they want to do, and have figured out a better way to achieve it than by bullying their current employees.

Aug 24, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We’re happy to hear that you feel a sense of community at Paycom. We believe in the value of our employees and what we can all accomplish together. We understand that as the company changes and... More

"Paycom Perks"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

I have worked at Paycom for 5+ years and have enjoyed every minute! It's a great family and a positive atmosphere. I have witnessed much growth for sales and service associates alike. It's amazing to watch them become amazing representatives for the company.
    We have great benefits, a gym (with basketball courts, ping pong tables, exercise equipment, bootcamp, Zumba and yoga), $1 healthcare and catered lunches with a healthy option for a great cost.

Cons

traffic coming in and leaving campus

Aug 14, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"What a fantastic company and career opportunity"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Unlimited growth opportunities for career-oriented employees who are achievement-driven.
    An employee-first work culture where everyone works towards a common goal and has a fun time doing it.
    Many of my best friends are people I met at Paycom.
    Working in a culture of excellence.
    Great leaders at the C-level who know where we are headed and know how to get us there.

Cons

I really cannot think of any. If you are achievement-oriented and looking for a culture of winning Paycom is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and expand the culture of winning and excellence. Thank you for the fantastic opportunity you have created for all of us.

Aug 14, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience!

"You are Boarding a Rocket Ship"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Can growth be the pro and the con? I've been personally challenged and my life has changed in many ways. Figuring out how to ride a rocket ship is scary, difficult and challenging, but is the reward worth it? That is for the individual to decide. But what is the alternative? Stagnation or decline? I'll go with the rocket ship. I believe top talent chooses the rocket ship too!

-They provide a very competitive salary and overall compensation. The CEO is a capitalist and gives stock equity deep into the organization. Which it has done very well by the way. Look it up PAYC.
    -Incredible people work here.
    -A beautiful campus and environment.
    -The support is endless to help one another. If your not getting it, you should tell someone as it must a be a rogue manager.
    -There is a clear vision where the company is headed.
    -Growth and development is a personal mission of theirs.
    -They work very hard to accomplish the mission. (Is this a con?)
    -They care deeply about their customers and employees.
    -They listen and try to make adjustments when they can. For example, they just expanded time off.

Cons

I don't think they pretend to have all the answers especially with as much growth and change as they have seen. However, they need to be transparent, genuine, and real.

They need to stick to a strategy and initiative in specific departments. There sometimes is to much change with the breeze and it is difficult to understand and stay focused on what one needs to accomplish.

Advice to Management

We know your success is going to continue. Accomplishing big challenges isn't for everyone. Just make sure you continue to listen and adjust. But once their is a strategy from the top, stick to it to get it accomplished!

Aug 10, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for your feedback. We appreciate the rocket ship analogy!

"A great place for a career"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom takes care of their employees with great benefits like $1 health care, $4 catered lunches every day, many different clubs to join, a free gym, and a safe work environment. The people I work with are all very talented and helpful. I was welcomed on my first day with a great orientation and given a lot guidance before I even started. I don't have a laptop so I'm not expected to work from home ever.

Cons

Sometimes getting out of the building is stressful because there are so many employees.

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and feedback!

"Been around"

Current Employee - Client Facing in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Client Facing in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at numerous places, have no college degree and have never been able to have the opportunities I've had here. Pay potential for someone like me isn't available unless you wanna be a roughneck. Culture is awesome. Benefits are great.

Cons

They hire a lot of young kids who are spoiled and complain and gossip. Wish they would hire more mature people.

Advice to Management

Hire more professional people and not 22 year olds that complain about EVERYTHING!

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that your are excited about the opportunities at Paycom. We hope you'll help us develop our younger professionals through your continued enthusiasm and... More

"Get on the Green Rocket!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Accelerated career growth like no other
    • Learn from incredible leadership
    • Surround yourself with likeminded top notch professionals
    • Best in class product
    • Best in class comp plan
    • Stock Rewards
    • Presidents Club

Cons

• May not be a good fit for everyone
    • Not everybody gets a cookie
    • You will max out your 401K
    • You will max out your FICA Tax limit

Advice to Management

Keep the Rocket Ship fueled!

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing your experience and feedback with us.

"Grateful for success and stability"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom has seen tremendous, continuous success. Regardless what is happening in the economy or the labor market, there will always be employers that need technology to manage their workforce and get their people paid. Paycom has a great product in a recession-proof industry so it has been on an incredible upward growth track for years. For employees, it is exciting and provides a lot of opportunity.

Cons

Growing pains but they should be expected. Hiring, training, promoting is a constant challenge as is the ever-present construction at headquarters. But it's all happening for the betterment of the organization, its customers and employees.

Advice to Management

Manager training at all levels is more important than ever. There is a great program for would-be managers in LEAD but team leaders, directors, supervisors still need training and development opportunities as well to keep everyone rowing in the same direction.

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and your feedback. We really do appreciate it!

"Paycom can give you a thriving career"

Current Employee - Marketing in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Marketing in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- TONS of room for growth. Paycom is huge on promoting from within, which is a major plus. For anyone who wants to achieve a lot in life and in their career, Paycom is the place to be.

- Our recruiters know how to hire great people! You'll find yourself surrounded by hard working, dedicated individuals. You know anyone you work with across all departments is going to pull their weight. You work with people who value a good work ethic.

- Leadership makes difficult decisions and takes action. It gets exhausting working for companies that don't trim necessary fat - Paycom is growing too quickly to keep individuals who are not major contributors.

- The community. Hard working, passionate people who care about their jobs = an incredible work environment like I've never seen before.

- Great benefits, learning opportunities, training, good PTO, monthly lunches, regular recognition, team building activities... I could go on!

- Leadership really listens to feedback (recently added another week of vacation time)

Cons

- Change is a constant. When you work for one of the fastest growing companies in the country, you have to continually grow and evolve. You have to work hard and think on your feet. The solution six months ago may not be the same today. But that's also why I love working for Paycom because I never stop learning and growing. Change can be hard, but it's also been the best thing for my career.

- Flexible schedules are much needed with the amount of congestion we cause at 8am and 5pm. Flexibility of just an hour will go a long way to accommodate employee's lifestyles and relieve the traffic burden.

- We do tend to hire younger people who haven't worked for very many companies. They're often young and hungry with big ideas (which is fantastic), but some run into sticker shock going from college to an 8-5. I think anyone entering the workforce for the first time is surprised by how much any employer expects from you. That problem is compounded by Paycom's rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Try flexible schedules. Test it with a 30 minute swing.

Hire more experienced/older individuals.

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review, feedback and ideas!