Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 32 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 47 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

"Voted Top Place To Work In OKC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Overall a great place to work.
    $1 health insurance
    $4 catered lunches
    solid company culture
    "gym" onsite

I won't go into a lot of detail here because it really is a good company.

Cons

HUGE CON: 5 days PTO your first year. They will sugar coat it and say that you also get a couple personal days and a handful of sick days and that is true. But 5 days PTO is ridiculously low and you have to accrue them. So when you finally finish out that first year, congrats you just completed your 5th day of PTO!

They forget that they are a large companies and don't take time to revamp processes that were in place when they only had a few hundred employees.

Advice to Management

Seriously, bump up the PTO to at least 10 days. Start appreciating your employees financially, not just the sale people. Yes, they sell the product but maybe you should show some love to the people that keep it running. Especially since a lot of them stay late and come in on weekends to make sure the ship stays afloat and receive no extra benefit for it.

Mar 20, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to read that you believe that Paycom is a good company. Regarding PTO, as with many organizations this increases with tenure at the company. As we’re a dynamic ... More

2. "It's a job... don't drink the Kool-Aid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people!!! Most people here are the greatest you will ever meet. Freedom to take breaks and so much food because everyone here loves to eat. Lots of change so when you don't like something you just wait a few days til it changes again.

Cons

Lack of communication as the company has grown and no uniformity within departments. If one supervisor doesn't want something done one way, so be it. ISO certification is a joke and the lack of professionalism and accountability that has become culture is shocking.

Advice to Management

This is supposed to be a corporation but PSD runs like a high school with funding issues. Why do managers get to supervise their spouses? Why is sleeping your way up the ladder okay? How come it's acceptable to not know payroll basics and get promoted? We used to be better than this.

"Work Hard Play Hard"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing Benefits Package
    Amazing Training program (they really invest in their employees)
    Clubs/Leagues/Groups if you want to get involved
    GYM open before and after hours for employee use
    This company has grown Dramatically since it began in '98 and Keeps on growing, the growth potential is fantastic.

Cons

The only complaints I've heard are that someone didn't get along well with someone else(which will happen anywhere)
    You do have to multitask and learn a lot so if you are not wanting to learn and work Hard than this may not be the place for you.
    Interview process is intense, but they need to be picky with the amount of time they invest in their new employees.

Advice to Management

I think everything is being run well so far, I'm sure as the company grows make sure to keep the heart alive that's currently there.

May 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience with Paycom.

""great place to start""

Current Employee - Deskop Amin in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Deskop Amin in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started working at paycom this week and the training process has been amazing. they have been very thorough about explaining everything I should know and be prepared for. The employees for the most part are fairly young and incredibly friendly. they are all very willing to help any time they can which is great as I'm transitioning to a full time career.

Cons

I haven't ran into anything that I consider a con yet!

May 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Overall, great company to work for!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't worked at Paycom long, but it really is a great place to learn and grow. They really make an effort to make sure that you never feel bored in your position. There are constantly training classes and opportunities for you to grow in both your personal and professional life. The lunch, freebies, and benefits are all great as well.

Cons

In my department, it seems as though they do more outside hiring, rather than hiring from within. They want everyone to stay in their specific position for a given amount of time. If they are over qualified for the position, and others open up that they have been told they would be a good fit for, instead of hiring from within, with people that know the positions well, they hire under qualified people from the outside. Though I'm sure they have their reasons for doing this, it seems flawed.

Advice to Management

Perhaps the hiring and recruiting people should communicate more with departments that they are hiring for. If there are several people that are overqualified and would be a good fit for the position, why not go ahead and move them?

May 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! Regarding other opportunities within the company, employees may view those through the Employee Self-Service portal under Internal Job Postings.

"Paycom Day One!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my first day at Paycom, and all the reviews I researched before applying are true! This is a work hard- play hard environment, and Paycom truly takes care of its employees! Our benefits package is amazing, and there are $4 catered lunches every day- can't beat that! It's only day 1, but my expectations are already blown away! So excited to make this place my home!

Cons

I have found none!

May 5, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We wish you great success in your career with us. #lovewhereyouwork

8. "Excellent environment! Great place to grow as a software developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Earning potential is endless
    Great work environment.
    They have a massive gym.
    Love the high moral that is always present

Cons

A lot of growing pains.
    Communication is getting harder with how fast we are growing.

May 5, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and the feedback! Our communications and HR teams would love to hear any ideas you have for improving employee communication.

"Paycom is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have really enjoyed working at Paycom for more than 3 years. The HR activities, swag, free gym, leadership and continued education are all perks at Paycom. They really care about the happiness of their employees and it shows through the various activities throughout the year.

Cons

The time off and sick leave are lacking.The healthcare is only $1 a pay period, but I'd rather pay more and have better coverage.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and readjust leaders where needed.

Apr 25, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with the management team.

"Best company ever!!"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many amazing reasons! Catered lunches, great teams, fun activities, company wide parties, and Jeans weeks every month. Plus a fully stocked gym!

Cons

I have been at this job for a month, I have no complaints whatsoever! There are so many great benefits!

Apr 19, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and enthusiasm! To clarify, typically "Jeans Week" happens once a quarter with a few extra opportunities thrown in throughout the year. Additionally, we do enjoy casual ... More

"Great Opportunities. Not worth the bad management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Lot's of financial investment in their employees.

Cons

In my experience, management was unrealistic and unfair. There were times I worked 60 hours a week, because my manager was bad at managing our projects.

Advice to Management

Let your employees do their jobs. You don't need to micromanage every little thing.

May 25, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Our investment in our employees goes beyond financial rewards. We are also committed to developing them professionally and have invested in a variety of training programs for both established and ... More