Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more (in 41 reviews)

• 4 catered lunches every day- can't beat that (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life-balance is a challenge at Paycom (in 65 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 35 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"This will be the best job you will get if you’re a hard worker"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is honestly the best job i think I’ll ever have. The benefits are amazing and the pay is more than i ever thought I could get. BE WARNED this job is hard. Never in my life have i had so much stress. That’s the reason why it pays so well. Be prepared to be stressed everyday and have heavy daily work loads and have new procedures constantly thrown at you from management. But guess what it’s your job so you either adapt or you don’t make it. You have to go into this job knowing it’s a potential career. You can’t wake up every day and barely slide through this and then complain that things aren’t fair. You have to be 100% everyday and you will be held accountable for every action you make. I took the job when i found out that my wife and I were having our first child and this job has provided so much for my family. The relationship you develop are amazing and the team atmosphere is very supportive. I’ve had issues with this position when i started to where I didn’t think was going to make it. But my team leader and supervisor stepped in and made sure that i felt wanted and supported.

Cons

This job is crazy hard. The stress you take home can really affect your outside of work relationships if you let it. Constantly trying to adapt.

Advice to Management

Get better at setting up specialist for success. Stop assigning extra projects that only prolong issues and make employees more stressed out.

Dec 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. As we've communicated in the past, Paycom is growing fast and we understand this can cause some stress as we continue to innovate and stretch to make sure... More

2. "Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the culture, events and everything they do for employees. From catered lunches daily, to the new micro market, a free gym the list goes on and on. Also my manager is great at helping me grow and excel in my role, which i think a lot of other leaders do for their teams across the company as well.

Cons

Traffic getting in and out of work.

Jan 19, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad you enjoy the culture we have here at Paycom and are happy to see that you are growing and excelling in your position with the help of your manager.
    We... More

"This is hard to write, but..."

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The sense of community is astounding. I love my coworkers and enjoy getting to work with them every day. The benefits are also hard to compete with, which is why I am still with the company.

Cons

There is a lot going on in one of our client facing departments. They are currently requiring members on these teams to have their phones on DND no more than 1 hour a day which is great for clients, but not so great for our team members. 6 employees were just fired for cheating the system. Instead of Paycom taking a step back and asking themselves why their employees felt the need to do what they did, they fired 6 individuals who collectively, had several years of experience behind them. Which honestly, is something they cannot afford.
    There is also a current issue with training. It's not enough. It's paid, onsite training, but with the amount of stuff you're required to get done in a day, things start slipping through the cracks. You cannot take care of the customers without the proper training. (You also shouldn't fire 6 people that do actually know what they're doing).
    Paycom seems to think anyone is expendable. "Fire 6 people, no big deal. We'll just hire someone who we think will do a good job even though they haven't been here but 6 months or have no business leading a team." seems to be the slogan of our managers as of late.

Advice to Management

This company is falling apart from the inside out. We win all these awards and sometimes, I'm not sure how. Sure, we're compensated nicely and you give us gifts every month, but the way some of us are treated is almost inhumane. We are not expendable. We put time, value and money into getting to know this company and into doing our jobs. No gift you give me is going to make up for the fact that the amount of stuff I have to do in a single day takes me away from my family.. stress is so much, it often makes me sick. You're probably going to respond and tell me this company may not be the best fit for me, and that's fine. But hopefully someone else will see what I'm saying and make the decision to stay away from this place until our executives have figured out what it is they want to do, and have figured out a better way to achieve it than by bullying their current employees.

Aug 24, 2017 – Representative

We’re happy to hear that you feel a sense of community at Paycom. We believe in the value of our employees and what we can all accomplish together. We understand that as the company changes and... More

"A Amazing Place To Build Your Career"

Current Employee - Client Relations Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Relations Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What a great company to work for! It is so much fun working with such amazing people it makes your day that much more amazing! The compensation is amazing and you get to build a relationship with your clients that last a lifetime! Though in my opinion the opportunity to move up is the best thing! The company is growing so fast that if you set your mind to it and put in the work the opportunities will present themselves!

Cons

You have to put in the work for the money you get. I don’t consider this a downside but some people do.

Jan 3, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience at Paycom. We appreciate your enthusiasm!

"There is a reason everyone wants to work at Paycom..."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BENEFITS!
    - $1 HEALTH INSURANCE - this is so huge
    - On site gym/beautiful landscaping
    -Catered lunches everyday
    -Endless growth, training, leadership programs and opportunity
    -Employee stock purchase plan
    -401k, great match and super short vesting schedule
    -Parking garage for that Oklahoma hail
    -Interesting, challenging work
    -Employee events and giveaways
    -A Human Resources team that really cares about employees - designated HR rep for each department

Cons

It's hard work. If Paycom is just a job to you - you will not succeed. You need to think of this as a long term career in order to be successful.

6. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, growth opportunities, compensation, market and industry

Cons

Long hours but they are worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Jan 19, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and your hard work.

"It’s not about the paycheck, it’s about the difference we make"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer-II in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer-II in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To begin with, it feels like an extended family. Hassle free work environment. The Management does it best to take the best care of the workers. The HR always strives to keep the employees engaged in different activities as part of the stress relief. Personally I get to see the results of the work I do in Development. On the whole it is the best work place for someone to lie about working for!

Cons

If you work at Paycom, chances are you are going to start hanging out with your coworkers and forget your other friends ever existed. Jokes apart, The inflexible work hours (justified in a way) sometimes might feel stubborn. Apart from these I did not see any down sides in my three years of work experience.

Advice to Management

Love to have Thai food in the Cafeteria. Work from Home option would be appreciated in Emergency situations.

Jan 11, 2018 – Paycom Representative

We appreciate your feedback and for sharing your suggestions. We agree, it makes a world of difference to work with great people who want to make a difference as well.

"Beyond my Expectations"

Current Employee - Technical Trainer Designer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer Designer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have always heard good things about Paycom, but I thought it was just an exaggeration. I now understand that words are not sufficient to explain how invigorating, positive, and encouraging this environment is. I feel honored to work here. If you are offered the chance to work here, you will notice really quick how honest the positive reviews are. I believe the culture here is so positive, because the leadership lead with humility and genuine care. The leaders push me to be better leader, just by the way they act.

Cons

It is difficult to foster relationships outside of the department an individual works in.

Jan 11, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you so much for your review and about your experience at Paycom and appreciate your feedback that we can share with management. We wish you the best and glad you're a part of the team.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great benefits, fun environment and competitive pay

Cons

Overtime can be a lot sometimes

Jan 11, 2018 – Paycom Representative

We thank you for leaving your feedback and being a driving force on providing incredible service to our clients.

"Best...Job....Ever"

Current Employee - Tax Specialist
    Current Employee - Tax Specialist

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Community, hands down I have never enjoyed a work environment. The work is complicated enough that it keeps me engaged and motivated.

Cons

The job tends to lean towards client facing department unevenly. Some of the of the backend teams tend to not be listened to as much when it comes to development and HR advice.

Jan 11, 2018 – Paycom Representative

We are so glad to see that you're enjoying working at Paycom! We will share your feedback with management. Thank you for sharing.