Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The work-life balance can be difficult during busy seasons" (in 73 reviews)

• "Quite the learning curve but rewarded very well for the hard work" (in 39 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"This will be the best job you will get if you’re a hard worker"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is honestly the best job i think I’ll ever have. The benefits are amazing and the pay is more than i ever thought I could get. BE WARNED this job is hard. Never in my life have i had so much stress. That’s the reason why it pays so well. Be prepared to be stressed everyday and have heavy daily work loads and have new procedures constantly thrown at you from management. But guess what it’s your job so you either adapt or you don’t make it. You have to go into this job knowing it’s a potential career. You can’t wake up every day and barely slide through this and then complain that things aren’t fair. You have to be 100% everyday and you will be held accountable for every action you make. I took the job when i found out that my wife and I were having our first child and this job has provided so much for my family. The relationship you develop are amazing and the team atmosphere is very supportive. I’ve had issues with this position when i started to where I didn’t think was going to make it. But my team leader and supervisor stepped in and made sure that i felt wanted and supported.

Cons

This job is crazy hard. The stress you take home can really affect your outside of work relationships if you let it. Constantly trying to adapt.

Advice to Management

Get better at setting up specialist for success. Stop assigning extra projects that only prolong issues and make employees more stressed out.

Dec 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. As we've communicated in the past, Paycom is growing fast and we understand this can cause some stress as we continue to innovate and stretch to make sure... More

2. "One of the best places to work in OK"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

$1 Healthcare
    $4 deducted lunches available
    401k match
    Stock options for employees
    Company wide events
    Jeans Fridays
    Monthly Company Luncheon
    Clear Path of Advancement for most departments
    Up to date facilities and clean bathrooms

Cons

Poor cellphone signal in certain buildings
    Traffic getting into the parking lot
    Don't really promote recycling habits or Go Green culture
    PTO Accrual could be better

Advice to Management

Add a salad bar to the cafeteria and some Go Green initiatives around campus. We are a big company so I'm sure our carbon footprint is not insignificant.

3. "Quality Assurance role at Paycom"

Current Employee - QA Tester in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - QA Tester in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging & Rewarding work
    Helpful Coworkers
    Competitive Pay & Benefits

Cons

Work load can be intense.

Advice to Management

Listen to the requests of your employees, both for improving the overall company and their individual work experience.

4. "Great workplace"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 1$ health benefits tops the list. Your ideas are heard irrespective of the experience level and are implemented if they prove to be worthy. Employee's interest is valued more than anything before assigning a team unlike many workplaces where a team is just assigned and the employee has no say in it. The gym benefits, occasional fairs and recreational events are a cherry on the cake. I totally love my job.

Cons

Not exactly a con but for a person who is used to having a scheduled set of tasks for a typical workday, Paycom would be a tough place to work at. Because a typical workday, like every other growing company, at Paycom isnt the same everyday.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. "Great Company and Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - QA Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - QA Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere that I have experience in a daily basis has been amazing. The people I work with all seem very genuine and nice. As a new employee, I expected to come in to my department and feel completely lost and overwhelmed... But I honestly feel the exact opposite. There are friendly faces everywhere. While the workload is demanding and you are very busy, you will still feel like anyone and everyone is there to help you along the way. My coworkers, as well as management, see it in a way that if they can help you be productive, then the company is productive as well.

Cons

I don't view this as a con, but others might....

It's a large and growing technology company. With size and growth, there will be constant changes. Nothing stays the same. Some people may not like that and are hoping for consistency their job life... Well you won't find that here... The only consistent thing is that we are consistently changing. So if you can deal with that then you should be good to go!

Advice to Management

Management is great! I pass by my manager in the hall and he'll call me by name... He oversees hundreds of people and still knows my name even though I have been here for a short period of time. That shows me that he cares about his employees and makes it an effort to know you. That has lead me to feeling better about my current position and has given me the drive to work harder than before!

6. "Great Culture"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Highly professional environment
    - Great culture
    - Respectful people
    - Good leadership
    - Lots of talents
    - Lots of opportunities to learn new technologies
    - Young environment
    - Multi cultural environment and beatiful

Cons

Pretty new to the company, I would just say keep up the good work!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Jul 12, 2018 – Paycom Representative

We appreciate your review!

7. "Growing Company With Good Culture; Great Benefits"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

growing company, many opportunities (if you're the type to go find them, vs. waiting for them to come to you), solid culture (team building events, company swag), and still able to retain a reasonable human touch (without getting overly corporate/cold as it grows) - plus really good benefits (e.g. health insurance)

Cons

growing company - if you've ever worked for one, you'll know that means constant change, which some people do not care for.

Advice to Management

As a DFW employee, I appreciate the recent investment and future the company is building in the DFW area - especially the recently announced regional HQ in Grapevine - as every employee wants to see a possible path forward in front of them, and the recent moves are very positive in that regard.

Jul 12, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are so thrilled to be expanding our team in Texas and can't wait for what's on the horizon.

"Account Executive"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

- Great Pay
    - Great Company
    - Great Opportunity for advancement
    - Strong Company Financials

Cons

- Long working hours
    - Complex Sales Cycle
    - Hard metrics to reach
    - Only focused on revenue.

Advice to Management

Just because someone is a good sales rep does not make them a good manager.

Jul 17, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback.

"PSD"

Current Employee - PSD in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - PSD in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the things they give you to distract you from the cons. Gym, lunches, gifts...

Cons

Work life balance, stress, no one listens when you have actual feedback (but they say they do) people are not happy.

Advice to Management

Listen to people when they tell you training is a waste of time and they need a more practical introduction. The tests don’t prove anything. You give two times to get them done, of course people will pass them.
    When you get thrown on the phones, you can’t answer anything. You have to put clients on hold with a “confident statement”...but it doesn’t matter how confident you do that, if you don’t know the answer, the clients will know and lose confidence. The amount of stress is untenable. I know “Paycom isn’t for everyone” you need to get rid of that attitude. You are losing good, smart people because they don’t want to be setup for failure.
    Also, people have lives outside of Paycom. Do not lie to them in several interviews. I was told overtime wasn’t something that you had to really worry about until December. My first week I did several hours including an 11 hour day. I would have saved everyone’s time and money and not come on had they been honest. And apparently I can’t transfer out of this department into something that might fit me more. It’s like hotel California. The positive reviews I see here, have to be manufactured. I haven’t encountered someone who glows that much about this job. So. Yeah. There you have it. Please listen to people.

Jul 12, 2018 – Paycom Representative

We understand your frustrations and can assure you that leadership is listening to feedback and have acted to enhance processes, training and many other aspects of the business. In fact, leadership... More

"Payroll"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good medical benefits. Decent pay. Opportunity for overtime

Cons

Very immature environment. Very young working peers. A lot of empty egos. There seems to be a lot of turnover. The overall product is impressive, unfortunately, the software that is utilized is archaic. They are trying to update their software but they are far behind the product. Horrible work life balance. Hard to recommend this job unless you are trying to establish yourself within a career and need the experience to put on a resume.

Advice to Management

Grow up