Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more (in 40 reviews)

• There is a lot of opportunity for growth (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life-balance is a challenge at Paycom (in 61 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 32 reviews)

"Awesome place to work"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time at Paycom so far. They really invest in and care for their employees, provide great benefits and work hard to maintain an outstanding company culture. I've worked multiple places and none of them come close to Paycom's culture. I especially love my department and co-workers. We make a great team and support one another. I'm very thankful to work here.

Cons

It's hard to think of any major cons. A recommendation for a future benefit is an on-site daycare. That would be a huge value add for employees!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. We have excellent management that really puts their hearts into Paycom and it's truly inspiring.

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and input! We appreciate it.

"This is hard to write, but..."

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The sense of community is astounding. I love my coworkers and enjoy getting to work with them every day. The benefits are also hard to compete with, which is why I am still with the company.

Cons

There is a lot going on in one of our client facing departments. They are currently requiring members on these teams to have their phones on DND no more than 1 hour a day which is great for clients, but not so great for our team members. 6 employees were just fired for cheating the system. Instead of Paycom taking a step back and asking themselves why their employees felt the need to do what they did, they fired 6 individuals who collectively, had several years of experience behind them. Which honestly, is something they cannot afford.
    There is also a current issue with training. It's not enough. It's paid, onsite training, but with the amount of stuff you're required to get done in a day, things start slipping through the cracks. You cannot take care of the customers without the proper training. (You also shouldn't fire 6 people that do actually know what they're doing).
    Paycom seems to think anyone is expendable. "Fire 6 people, no big deal. We'll just hire someone who we think will do a good job even though they haven't been here but 6 months or have no business leading a team." seems to be the slogan of our managers as of late.

Advice to Management

This company is falling apart from the inside out. We win all these awards and sometimes, I'm not sure how. Sure, we're compensated nicely and you give us gifts every month, but the way some of us are treated is almost inhumane. We are not expendable. We put time, value and money into getting to know this company and into doing our jobs. No gift you give me is going to make up for the fact that the amount of stuff I have to do in a single day takes me away from my family.. stress is so much, it often makes me sick. You're probably going to respond and tell me this company may not be the best fit for me, and that's fine. But hopefully someone else will see what I'm saying and make the decision to stay away from this place until our executives have figured out what it is they want to do, and have figured out a better way to achieve it than by bullying their current employees.

Aug 24, 2017 – Representative

We’re happy to hear that you feel a sense of community at Paycom. We believe in the value of our employees and what we can all accomplish together. We understand that as the company changes and... More

Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the first company I've been in where the level of support and training I've received from day one has blown me away. The management here really believes in their people and you have the opportunity to make a very good living for yourself.

Cons

Honestly, none at all. Sales people work long hours but that's because they have the potential to make a lot of money.

Advice to Management

You all are doing a great job with the support, keep it up!

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience.

"Awesome Place to work!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Vacation Time, Sick leave, work culture, $4 lunches, Gym on site, CONSTANT GROWTH!

Cons

I don't really have any cons, I guess the traffic leaving work is my only compliant!

Nov 14, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review!

"Fast Growing Company"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is a fast paced, growing company which ranked #2 on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies List and fourth on Forbes' Fast Tech 25 List this year. The organization has a focus on hiring the right talent and developing their talent. There are lots of opportunities for those looking for a career and wanting to have the ability to move within, through both promotions and lateral moves.

Paycom is also an organization focused on serving the community, offering many opportunities throughout the year to support various organizations. Whether it's a clothing drive, food drive, support for hurricane victims, there is no lack of opportunity to be part of the larger Paycom vision to serve.

Those at Paycom know how to work hard, but enjoy the fun activities including National Payroll Week, Customer Service Week, and lots of theme weeks. There is also an onsite gym, $4 lunches, $1 medical benefits and many other benefits and perks.

Cons

Paycom is not for everyone. You have to have grit, be willing to work hard and have the drive to be your best in order to help move Paycom forward. Those at Paycom are smart, hungry and humble and we continue to build the team around those qualities.

It would be great if there were more holidays, although the company does offer vacation days and floating holidays with a fairly generous incremental increase based on time tenure.

Advice to Management

Place increased focus on developing people managers to develop and support their teams across the entire organization.

Embrace mobile technology throughout your offices to help reduce the amount of paper being used.

Nov 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience at Paycom.

"Great job full of opportunities"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycom treats their employees with respect and rewards them through various ways! management is friendly and encouraging. Paycom has amazing food catered in for their employees and has a full gym they can utilize that has personal trainers, yoga, and Zumba!

Cons

I have not ran into any cons while working here!

Nov 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Paycom invests in their employees."

Current Employee - Client Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Client Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is the best company I have ever worked for. They will invest in you more than any other company will.

Cons

I have no cons. If you want an amazing company to be apart of and are willing to work hard, Paycom will give you the world.

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We love hearing Paycom is the best company you have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing training, competitive pay, lots of opportunity for growth, great culture!

Cons

There have not been any Cons so far!

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Incredible people, teams, family, and culture
    You get out what you put in
    Amazing personal and professional growth
    Surrounded by highly influential people that want what's best for you

Cons

Often, long hours demanded to be very successful (not really a con though)

Advice to Management

Management is incredible - no advice at the moment!

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your dedication.

"Great place for a career"

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities, especially for those looking to get into management and begin a career, subsidized catered lunches plus free monthly luncheon for all employees, free gym and fitness classes (boot camp, zumba, yoga), parking garage available to all EEs, dedicated HR group, in house development and internal single database systems, business casual environment with jeans on Fridays (corporate HQ), EE stock purchase program, great benefits package including $1 health for EE, lots of EE appreciation activities (Secret Santa, Halloween costume contest, Fall Party in Bricktown, Customer Service week with food trucks and rides, National Payroll Week celebrations) and giveaways, management that provides regular feedback to direct reports, training beyond job duties, paid holidays and PTO, community outreach and charity programs for various local organizations, awesome people and culture. Paycom is literally always improving (but that means EEs must be stretching themselves too!)

Cons

- Always requires hard work and some overtime - not great if you just want an "easy" job
    -Traffic right at five is sometimes rough, but management has really helped getting OKC PD to direct traffic
    -Might be hard for someone who hates change, constantly update processes and systems to stay competitive.
    -My car is forever dusty from construction, because we are always building the next building or garage to keep up with growth.

Nov 17, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience at Paycom!