Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.2

Paycom Specialist Interview

Interview

Phone interview was easy. Asked basic questions such as tell me about yourself and why Paycom? In person interview general questions about yourself and skills you have. Why do you want to work here. Interviewees were very nice and willing to answer questions.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Feb 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Lewisville, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The process began with a recruiter contacting me about the position. They submitted me, and I had a phone interview a week later. After a brief phone interview with basic questions such as name three characteristics a colleague would describe you have, name a time you overcame adversity, why are you looking for a new position, etc. I was brought in for an in person interview.

I took off work, drove over 45 minutes, spent $20 in tolls, and spent hours preparing myself for this interview. I got there, they had me take a 15 minute Wonderlic test and got to spend 15 minutes with the Sales Manager before they sent me on my way. I actually spent more time driving one way than I got to spend with the manager.

Overall, I felt like it was very rushed and extremely unprofessional. When asking questions to the Sales Manager, he couldn't give me straight answers to any of them. For example, I asked what territory were they hiring for specifically, and he actually told me that "We're not sure at this point. I have the northern territory, so we're still evaluating." I mean come on?

After the interview, I emailed the manager and HR rep to thank them for their time and was informed a week later, without a response, that they were pursuing other candidates. I already had my doubts regarding the company after the reviews online and the interview process, so I'm very pleased to no longer have to consider Paycom as a potential employer.

Interview Questions

• Name three characteristics your current colleagues would describe you have. Name a time you overcame adversity. Why are you interested in Paycom? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Feb 17, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate your feedback as we’re always striving to improve the candidate experience. At Paycom, we always aim to be respectful of our candidates time. We apologize for the lack of communication ... More

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Mansfield, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a message off of LinkedIn from a recruiter, we scheduled a phone interview. I thought it went well but I never got a call back or an email saying they went with another candidate even though I patiently waited for a response like the recruiter said she would give me

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

Why did you have a work gap between x and y dates?

Feb 24, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We apologize for the lack of communication from our team. Every candidate should be aware of their standings after an interview, even when we’ve made the tough decision to not ... More

Payroll Tax Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Paycom's website. Within a week, I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an interview. The interview was supposed to be 5-10 minutes, but I was in there for almost 30 - because there was so much to talk about! I was called back by the recruiter to interview for another position in the company they thought would better serve my talents. That interview went well also! I am thankful to work for an awesome company!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? How has your experience prepared you for your job? How would your last supervisor describe you in 3 words? Why are you looking to switch careers?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process is pretty intense as Paycom only hires the best of the best. First step was an interview via video conference with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with sales manager. The final step was to present to the sales team for roughly 15 minutes and then get on the phones to cold call companies with the team. During that time you need to set a minimum of 3 meetings in order to move on to final interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my grit so as to determine whether I had the mental stamina needed for the role.   1 Answer

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. She was very enthusiastic and quick to follow-up. We had a Skype meeting and it went very well!

Planned meeting with Regional Sales Manager on the spot. Interview was focused around the financial benefits, closing deals, success of the team, and the technology they use. Took a online personality test beforehand.

Next step is to use their list to cold call potential clients and set up three meetings.

This position is for someone who has years of B2B experience and who has dealt with businesses that have a large number of employees. You have to be very aggressive and passionate about winning new business.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 10, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Got a call and email couple days later. Setup a phone interview. Initial phone interview is done thru FaceTime or Go to Meeting app/web portal.

Did the whole Go to Meeting app thru phone. This is just funny and seems very impersonal and poorly constructed. Got the young gal on the other end. You can hear everything they say but video is so choppy hard not to laugh.

They ask you questions but based on the questions I quickly sensed this gig is not for me. They are looking for recent Grads. Someone fresh, little experience, wet behind the ears type kid.

Secondly, they bring up background check. Can you pass or not? If you stole a loaf of bread consider yourself doomed. These questions shouldn't even be asked till the very end.

Interview Questions

• When did you graduate college?
      What is your GPA?
      Can you pass a background check?

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you applying for one of our opportunities. It is our goal to evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and the career standards of the company. We hire ... More

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Interview

I received an email from one of their "Talent Acquisition Specialists" inviting me to set up a phone interview. The interview started smoothly and the job seemed to be a great fit for what I was looking for, but unfortunately it required me to spend 3 out of 5 working days traveling overnight which is not conducive to my obligations outside of work. I very politely explained that situation, and the specialist's attitude could not have changed faster. Now, I work at a staffing agency, and I understand our recruiters' disappointment when a candidate they are screening turns out not to be a fit. But they always practice professionalism and gracefully end the conversation, wishing the candidate best of luck in their search at the very least. This girl I was speaking with rudely scoffed once I declined to move further in the process and was extremely quick to hang up on me. Not even a "thank you for your time." If that is the type of professionalism at the company, I am entirely glad that I realized it wouldn't be a fit this early in the process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant interview with one of our recruiters. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Travelling Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a 5 part process. The recruiter contacted me, we did a phone interview where the position was described. I then took a personality assessment, don't be honest or you will shoot yourself in the foot since the interview questions stem directly from this assessment. After the assessment, the recruiter called to review the results and set up an virtual interview with the person who would be my direct report. Before that interview they had me take a Wonderlic assessment to determine what level in the company I would be able to work. They would not share the results of the assessment, but did share what level I would be able to work. The recruiter called after the interview to follow up and set up the next interview. The final interview was also virtual. Over all I felt that it was a good experience, but I got the feeling that they had made up their minds earlier in the process.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
      How important is autonomy to you?
      Name a time you felt overwhelmed and how you dealt with it?

Interview 2:
      Mainly focused on background and experience.

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Entry Level Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me pretty quickly. There was an initial "interview" on the phone and I was invited in for a 1:1. I then was asked back for a 2nd interview. I declined later, as I had accepted another, more competitive offer that was in line with my experience and education.

Pros: The interviewer was friendly and professional. It wasn't intimidating, more just like meeting someone new and talking about yourself and your skills. The recruiter was very clear about the position and the expectations not only for the job but interview as well. They seemed willing to take a look at what you could do and offer a position that might be a better fit for your skills, although not much further out of the box than what you applied for.

Cons: The company deals with sensitive financial information and wants to screen people well, but 3 rounds of interviews (phone screen, 1:1 and a second 1:1) for an entry level position seemed a little excessive, although understandable.

Interview Questions

• What is a misconception that people might have about you?   Answer Question

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your detailed interview review. We wish you the best of luck in your new career!