Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win or hate to lose?   2 Answers

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

B2B Outside Sales Interview

Interview

The process was strange from the beginning. I had an outside recruiter contact me first to set up a phone interview. Rocked it with him and he gave me an endorsement moving forward. Then I had an inside recruiter reach out to me a day later and do the same. Rocked the interview with her and moved forward. There was a power struggle between the internal and external recruiter where the external told me to keep us confidential and the internal told me to go through her for everything. Very confusing, but I kept contact with both and the outside recruiter turned out to be more involved with my process. After the phone screening, I was brought in for a Face 2 Face with the Sales Manager of the branch. Dove into past experiences and how my sales process has afforded me my success. He then gave me the go head to move forward with a Skype/Facetime meeting with the Regional VP of Sales. I was travelling (Milwaukee to Atlanta) for my current position and made all the moves necessary so I could meet with him. This was scheduled 2 days before the interview date and I could barely make it work. I was doing an all day training for a client of mine and carved out an hour where I could step away and make this meeting work. They pressured me to accept the time because the RVP was going out of town for a week. The interview went well, great guy, easy to talk to, very open and honest, and I also told him a very personal story when he asked about a time I had to face great adversity. I was immediately taken off consideration because I was not wearing suit for an INFORMAL SKYPE INTERVIEW. This interview was booked when I was already on the road for the training and I could not go buy a suit coat the day of as I had to be at the training. It's sad to see that talent went out the window, because of my circumstances of travel in my current role. The Regional VP also was very sloppy as well (burped several times while on Skype, Picked his ear several times, had an ungroomed beard - told be clean shaven at all times too) and they say I looked unprofessional. My advice to everyone: WHERE A SUIT AT ALL TIMES!! YOU WILL NOT GET THE JOB IF YOU DON'T NO MATTER HOW GREAT OF CONTENT YOU PROVIDE!!!
    Also to Paycom: take into consideration the amount of work a candidate goes through to meet with you. I travel out of state 3-5 days a week in my current role and am not afforded the time to stop home to grab a coat or shirt. Make sure you communicate with your internal recruiters who were told the situation of the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had overcome great adversity in your life?   1 Answer

May 2, 2018 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would like to gather more information on your experience with our external partner as well as your experience with our hiring leaders. If you will... More

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Stamford, CT).

Interview

The hiring process was long, the entire process took me about 2.5 months. This was mostly due to me working between my school schedule. I had an incredibly positive experience throughout my interviews. My recruiter helped me with every question I had at any time. I would text/call/email and he would get back to me within minutes. This made the entire process so much better. When your recruiter goes to bat for you on everything, taking time out of their day to do anything to help. It really says a lot about the company. I wish I could shout out my recruiter but I’m going to keep it anonymous for their sake. Overall the most incredible experience interviewing with this company. They are like no one you will ever meet!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 16, 2018 – Representative

We appreciate your kind words for one of our recruiters. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter. Phone interview with sales manager. Phone interview with Regional VP. Went in office for my final presentation and phone canvassing session. Minimum 3 appts need to be set which was interesting considering that I was working alongside sales reps who were also trying to set their appts for the next week and the most a sales rep had set up in that sit down session (same amount of time spent as me) was 2!! They expect candidates to set a minimum of 3 appts when their top reps could only do 2 that day?? Little harsh! Besides that, everyone was great, you can notice right away when meeting the team why they’re all so financially successful there. They are go getters who don’t take no for an answer from clients and work their butts off!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 10, 2018 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your sales interview experience. We agree, our sales teams are go-getters!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and things moved pretty smoothly afterwards. I had general background questions by the recruiter and had to take a skills test which the score was forwared to the manager. Maybe a day later I received a call from the recruiter, asking to setup an in person interview. I then met with the manager, it was one on one interview. The questions were a couple of algorithms and OOP questions, also general background. Everything went great, same day got a call from the recruiter that they want to set up an interview with the cto, but i has to meet in Oklahoma. My main complaint is the drive there was a waste, it could have been a video call or phone call, literally lasted 10min. Later that day received an offer for my asking salary

Interview Questions

• literally study the questions listed on the interviews on here and you should so good   Answer Question

The good reviews on this site is shady, if you look at the bad reviews you'll see the true company. Also after my interview with the CTO, I realized this may not be the company for me. I just seemed like there would be no career development toward the outside world, you're specifically learning their methods of doing things.

Apr 11, 2018 – Representative

It sounds like your interview experience was mostly positive. As a part of the hiring process, all final interviews are conducted face to face, and there is no way to predict the length of the actual... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

I've been in a corporate setting for about 6 years now. Over that time, I've had around 10 - 12 interviews for promotions within current companies and positions for outside companies. Paycom has hands down been THE WORST in-person interview experience I have had. Not to mention, it took me about a month of their delayed responsiveness, fumbling around scheduling and internal process slip ups to get to the point where I could have an in person interview.

I arrived at the Atlanta office about 15 minutes early and the hiring manager, who would be interviewing me, happened to be standing in the entryway talking to one of her sales reps. I walked up and introduced myself. She told me to wait in their lobby and she'd be right back to get me. I waited there for 45 minutes in total, staring at the giant pile of boxes that cluttered the floor and desk where a receptionist should exist, but does not.

During this time, one of the employees came to give me a bottle of water, otherwise there was no interaction as multiple reps passed by me (all wearing ties). It was noticeably quiet and stuffy for a sales floor. The employees were mostly young, but all were keeping their heads down clicking away on their keyboards as if they were coders. No apparent sense of comradery or enjoyment. I honestly felt like I was in a university library.

When the hiring manager finally came to meet me she did not apologize for making me wait, but rather blamed the recruiter for setting up that time, saying she always has early meetings. She then went on to reassure me that it was not my fault (as if I was blaming myself for waiting 45 minutes after the scheduled start time of our interview).

We went to her private office and continued with the interview. She asked for a copy of my resume and read it (she clearly had not done so before). The interview itself was pretty straight forward, but the general vibe she projected was that of an arrogant ice queen. They want you to bow down to Paycom and kiss their feet for even having the opportunity to interview with them. Multiple times throughout the questioning she mentioned the time and that she had interviews like mine "all day and all week".

After the interview ended, she escorted me to the door and I did not hear from them until I followed up with my third party recruiter almost 2 weeks later. He said they loved my experience, but were already further along in the process with another candidate.

I would not accept the offer to even continue the interview process with Paycom, let alone accept the position.

For all of you recent graduates looking at Paycom as an employment option, I would advise you to look elsewhere. I work with corporate branding a lot in my current role and I have seen multiple work environments across multiple industries. The environment at Paycom is not one to be sought after. If you want to sell your soul for a decent base salary, then this is the place for you. If you want to work in an environment where you will actually enjoy your work and your life and foster true personal growth, I would strongly advise against working here.

Interview Questions

• How much was your W2 last year? How about the year before?   1 Answer

May 1, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us. We agree that this is not how we would want our potential candidates to feel or experience because Paycom is known for its exciting culture of... More

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was really great! I went through one interview and received a call back to a second. After the second, my recruiter informed me I had received the job! The whole process was great because of the recruiter I had and how much she cared about how I felt in the interview! If you do not feel comfortable in the interview, they enjoy receiving feedback! They also had me complete an assessment on my personality, which I thoroughly enjoyed!

Interview Questions

• There are 5 apples in a basket and 6 children. How do you evenly give the children apples while leaving one left in the basket?   1 Answer

Apr 17, 2018 – Representative

Thank you for sharing! Welcome to the Paycom team!

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and was reached out to by a recruiter within a few days to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I met with the manager onsite. After that the final step was to have a webcam interview with the regional manager. I received a call with an offer from the recruiter a few hours after my final interview. Jaden was wonderful keeping me up to date on the process and answering any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What skills or areas of work would your previous manager say you needed to develop on?   Answer Question

Mar 19, 2018 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience as an implementation specialist. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The two interviews were profesional. They asked almost the same questions. The second time, it was another team member and the Manager.

The recruiter was positive all the time and encouraging. He called me after each interview to see how I was and how the process went.

Paycom seems to be a great place to work, but hard to get in. Will continue trying in other positions to see if I can get in.

Concern:
    Why do they invite a candidate for a second interview if the reason of not having been chosen was that they thought you dont have enough experience? This process create false hope.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 21, 2018 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We appreciate your honesty, and will relay your comments to the recruiting team. We agree, please keep Paycom in mind once you gain more experience. We wish you the best!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2018.

Interview

There is one on phone screening interview followed by two in person interviews. After the phone screen, you are asked to complete a couple skills assessments.
    After passing these two portions, you are asked to wait while a background check is ran, a drug screen is performed, and your references are checked.

I was given a conditional offer after my interviews, which I gladly accepted. The request for references was sent to me later in the evening on Friday night and they give you 24 hours to complete this. Being later in the day, I contacted those references I could get ahold of that late in the day. I included more than requested, due to this timing, knowing some would come back later than the 24-hour window. A couple of weeks passed and I was made to feel as though I had the position. I receive a call Tuesday that they rescinded my offer and wanted me to review my background check, which I gladly did to ensure nothing weird was possibly showing. After this, I called them to let them know that the only issue I saw was with my education portion not including all of my education, which they assured was not an issue. I was told it was probably an error with my references. I contact my references to see if they ran into any issues and I am told the only contact they had with the company was through the initial survey, no calls were made to verify these references. Some of my references even personally disclosed that they gave me nothing but praise and were highly disappointed that this was being used against me. At first, I thought very highly of this company but after my dealings with HR and how this was handled with very little transparency, my opinion of this company has plummeted.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain your experience with a past computer company and how would you find this to be different work?   Answer Question

Apr 11, 2018 – Representative

We’re sorry to hear that you no longer think highly of Paycom as an employer. We can’t speak to reasoning behind your offer being rescinded as we are not privy to that information. At Paycom, our HR... More

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied in LinkedIn and a recruiter reached out to me that day.
    1. Initial phone screen with recruiter
    2. Phone screen with the Sales Manager
    3. In person interview with the Sales Manager
    4. Phone screen with the Regional Director
    5. Final interview in person: gave a 6 minute pitch and made cold calls with the team
    6. No offer

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 4, 2018 – Representative