Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win or hate to lose?   2 Answers

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

First interview began with a Skype interview with a recruiter that lasted about 30 mins very easy and simple questions were asked. Second interview was conducted with the manager hiring for the position interview lasted about an hour but towards the end of the interview began to feel very uncomfortable with the questions being asked such as whether my parents were divorced and how many kids I had questions that did not pertain to the position. Anyways made it to the 3rd interview which was an introduction to the team a long with a phone blitz which required 3 appts be set minimum. 3 appts minimum didn’t seem tough. This is where my perception of the company turned even more I was brought in along with another candidate in what seemed to be a battle of who do I prefer more which seemed extremely unprofessional we were asked the same set of questions and it seemed extremely weird to say the least. I have indured some good and bad interview experiences but the last interview was by far the worst experience I’ve had. Hiring manager was extremely unprofessional in some instances cursed and in many instances spoke about many things irrelevant to the position such as personal life, what things they like to purchase with there money and other things. If you have years of sales experience and are looking for a professional environment to continue your career then this position is not for you more geared towards kids coming out of college. Again I can careless about the offer but the professionalism was not there and almost felt like I was being profiled.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

It was a fairly straightforward interview process. It was just your basic interview process where you tell them about yourself, why you want to work for them, your skill and so on.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 9, 2018 – Representative

Implementation Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter for HQ for the Implementation Representative position. The interviewer seemed very unprofessional asking untraditional, personal questions that did not relate to the position I applied for.

Transition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Was initially reached out by a recruiter through LinkedIn and had a pleasant intial conversation. The recruiter chose to do majority of communication through text. Prior to an interview with manager the recruiter also gave me a call to discuss questions and how to answer. It was fine up until this point until the video interview with the manager.

10 minutes late to begin with and then does a very unnecessary and long interview that took well over an hour making me extremely late to get back to work(as I had to do it during my lunch). The manager would ask the same exact questions for every single work experience and then act very smug when flipping the questions thinking it was the best question in the world. After almost every answer I gave he started with "at paycome we really value _____" making it seem that every answer you gave was bad.

To be frank I've done many interviews but few were this bad. Got a random rejection email through paycoms HR board rather than an rejection from the recruiter but really think I dodged a bullet there. Would hate to work under the manager who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Typical behaviors, if I asked your manager about you what would they say etc   Answer Question

Dec 27, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed account of your interview experience. We aim to always be respectful of our candidates time and apologize the manager was delayed. Unfortunately, because you didn’t state... More

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I interviewed with Paycom about a year ago, but I wanted to bring this issue to the company's attention. Around this time last year I made it through to the third round of interviews and did very well in the previous two. For some reason though, when I met with the manager for the final interview, it became apparent that they weren't interested in hiring me. Their primary objection were apparently my grades in college (I already had a successful career in sales and had been in the workforce for the better part of a decade), and they began speaking to me in a very condescending and unprofessional manner. This is the first time, even for a job that I didn't get, where the manager was openly rude. They also shot down any point that I brought up about my previous successes as though I was making it up.

Even when we began small talk initially, they asked how I was and I said something simple like "Great now that I've had my coffee! : )" and they, with a dead serious face, asked me "what, are you some sort of coffee addict? It's like 10:00 am I feel like you should have your act together at this point". THEY WERE DEAD SERIOUS. Look I understand if you're not interested in a candidate, but for god sake hold yourself like a professional. I've interviewed in jobs where the office was a practically a storage unit and I still received more professional treatment.

I know its easy to complain when you don't get something, but I was so bothered and thrown off by it that I felt compelled to notify someone. I even told her about my accomplishments and they actually said "yeah, but how do I know your not just making all this up ?" - Seriously?? First of all, the same way everyone has always done, which is checking the references. Second, you do not speak to people like they are terrible little children.

I know I sound bitter, but this gave me a very poor impression of the management there.

Interview Questions

• If you're doing so great at your current job, I mean, why are you coming here? - they meant this to be condescending.   1 Answer

Dec 27, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and are sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience with one of our sales managers. All Paycom hiring professionals should be respectful of... More

Client Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was a lot of steps in the hiring process, but it truly allowed me to assess what the role was going to be, and who I was going to be working with.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing, welcome to the Paycom team!

Implementation Specialist Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews with different levels of management. I only went through the first round. I was referred by a hiring company to their hiring manager and did a short 20 minute phone interview with her.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Two rounds of interview
    1. On campus
    2. On site
    On campus was technical.
    On Site was behavioral with very basic technical questions. Probably they judge your technical ability in round 1 itself and for second round they just want to assess you overall

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience as a software developer!

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

They go to a lot of work to screen employees, but it's not too cumbersome. You have a call with a recruiter, then you fill out the job application if you haven't already. If you clear that then you have an in-person interview. Sometimes you'll have a team interview and an interview with the department leader.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with B2Bs.   1 Answer

Dec 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience!

New Client Set Up Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2017.

Interview

There are two stages: First with a hiring manager, then a department manager. The first interview is a simple review of your resume and explanation of career goals. Know why you want the job.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 20, 2017 – Representative