Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. I then did a phone screen and an assessment. I was then scheduled for a Skype like interview. Was told I would hear back in a week. Heard back 3 hours later that they wanted me to come into the office the next day. That is a 3 hour commute and I have a full time job. Recruiter became very high pressure that I make it in to continue the next steps. I gave her dates and times but she has not responded

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the lack of communication. The director of recruiting is looking into this matter. Every candidate should be aware of their standings during ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first and then a video interview. The interview was very easy and the questions they asked didn't make you think. The phone screen was great, but the video chat made me feel like the interviewer was uninterested (why would you interview me in the first place).

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that a sales representative needs?   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant video interview. An interviewer should be fully engaged during your conversation. Best of luck in your career search.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Manager was very personable. Asked about past projects/typical technical questions/what I expected of the job. After that was out of the way, the manager let me know Paycom's culture and background.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 22, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to Paycom!

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Smoke and mirrors. Lots of pointless tests and hoops to jump through. They make a huge deal about there background check but it's just a standard one. They also don't necessarily interview for the position you apply for. It's all to make it seem like, if you're picked, that you've gone through some rigorous process when in reality it's just a long one.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions in the interview. Just Google interview questions (like they did) and find the answers and you'll do fine.   1 Answer

May 19, 2017 – Representative

Every step of the interview process from phone screening to skill evaluations to manager interviews has a necessary role. The tests you mentioned a tax specialist takes is to evaluate skill level and ... More

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Easy application, got a call and email to set up a FaceTime interview the next day. Simple questions, however interviewer did not seem to engaged with my answers and seemed like it was just "a process" for her. Lasted about 30 minutes. Did not get the second interview and upon more research there is even a third interview/job shadow.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 15, 2017 – Representative

Best of luck during your career search. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Transition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom in May 2017.

Interview

Received a Linkedin message from Recruiter asking if I was interested in the position. I reply and state that I'm interested. We setup a time for an interview. All of a sudden, 2 hours before my interview, she start sending all these text messages (harrassment!) telling me to fill out the actual job application and to complete an assessment before the phone interview --very frustrating --she could have easily provided this info in email 24 hours prior to the phone interview. When I told her I didn't have time to complete the assessment, she became very negative in tone. She pretended she couldn't hear me while I was answering her questions and blamed the connection and hung up on me. Recruiter was very rude and ill-mannered. I have no interest in pursuing an opportunity with Paycom if it is full of employees with temperaments as bad as that snotty recruiter.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 8, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant experience with one of our recruiters. We noticed you did not share the city you interviewed in, which makes it difficult to research your experience. As part of the ... More

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. She reached out to me and we had a phone interview in which she asked me questions about my background and experience. After a personality test and a timed Math/Reasoning IQ test, I met with both of the hiring managers on webcam. They have a very particular mold they want you to fill, which is why they asked critical thinking questions. The CEO asked me why I didn't have more connections on LinkedIn, so make sure you polish your profile. Connections on LinkedIn don't matter as much to me. The real connections are in your phonebook, so I was really surprised to be asked that. I'm kind of glad I didn't get the job. It seems like a very stressful and controlled environment - it's like they want a robot working for them, someone who just takes orders, not someone who can bring fresh ideas or a new way of thinking. I have also heard they are not very lenient on sick days/holidays/vacation time. Anyway, good luck to those who snagged an interview, personally this interview helped me land my next job, so I feel very neutral about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing outside of work to stimulate your mind? Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Jun 8, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate your interest in Paycom. We evaluate every applicant’s profile against the requirements of the position and standards of the company. As part of the application process, we look at ... More

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about about an open position. We did a 10 minute phone interview. Then I received an email to take a typing test, 10 key and excel text. Then after passing those tests I scheduled an interview, then received a call to schedule the second interview.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with others. Welcome to Paycom!

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in May 2017.

Interview

The interview contained a phone screening, home assessment, in person assessment, and an interview. It was not bad. It's hard to write thirty words. Still not enough. This is getting ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment in your current role?   Answer Question

Jun 20, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone call with Paycom recruiter going over the position itself and finding out a little more background reference. Facetime interview with Paycom recruiter going over resume and basic interview questions. Facetime interview with Sales Manager elaborating upon resume and day to day sales position questions.

Interview Questions

• What pushes you to wake up every morning?   1 Answer

Apr 21, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.