Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone call with Paycom recruiter going over the position itself and finding out a little more background reference. Facetime interview with Paycom recruiter going over resume and basic interview questions. Facetime interview with Sales Manager elaborating upon resume and day to day sales position questions.

Interview Questions

• What pushes you to wake up every morning?   1 Answer

Apr 21, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, manager Go-To meeting if remote or onsite if in the same city, another interview with the sales manager alongside a wonder-lick assessment and test, then the final step is a half day with team phone canvassing to set 3 meetings and do a 10 min presentation to sales team.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation or obstacle you had to overcome in your previous role and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Mar 29, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you sharing your interview experience with others. Welcome to the Paycom family!

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Submitted application and heard back the next day to schedule phone interview. After phone interview, they wanted to do a FaceTime interview. Once they "put a face to the name".. on to the next FaceTime interview with the territory manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about paycom?
      Why do you want to leave your current employer?
      Answer Question

Mar 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took about 4 months to land an interview since they have just started to interview upcoming college graduates. The receptionists were very quick with check-in. There was a mathematics and reasoning assessment on a computer shortly before the interview in which you need to try to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes as best as you can. The interviewers were friendly, but vague on what they were looking for in a candidate. The interview lasted about 30 minutes per interviewer. There were 2 of them at separate times, so 1 hour total. One of the interviewers looked at their phone during the conversation while I was speaking to them. The interviewees that attended with me all looked to be college students indicating there is a young culture at Paycom. Apply if you want to be thrown in the usual social occurrences that you would see at college campus. There also seems to be a lack of diversity even though they claim otherwise--and will continue to claim otherwise. This was the discouraging factor for me.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 13, 2017 – Representative

An interviewer should not be distracted during an interview. We are looking into that matter. In regards to a young culture, we hire a mixture of both tenured and new grads. Our new hires are based ... More

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Nice and professional interview process. Unfortunately I got radio silence after the second interview. The professional thing to do would be to send at least a form letter to decline the offer to you. They request all kinds of feedback throughout the interview process then give you none.

Transition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

First, the recruiter was awesome and super nice! had a phone screen then told to have an in person interview where you take a test and then have a normal interview. The guy that interviewed me obviously didn't want to be there and kept looking at his apple watch and phone while I was talking. Extremely rude and uninterested in the interview right from the start. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant experience with a hiring manager. We are looking into this. We wish you nothing but the best in your career search.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process was pretty relaxed. I did enjoy my interview with Rob. The company is growing and seems to provide a great training program for newly hired interns in php, c#, and MySQL.

I would study SOLID programming principles and basic sorting algorithms. The questions did not involve the application or explanation of any Data Structures.

I do not plan on reapplying, but would recommend any ambitious undergraduates(freshman and sophomores) to apply for the invaluable interview practice.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter and moved to a face to face with principals. That interview lasted around an hour and was on site in their lobby that they have set up for interviewing. There was a follow up email and then a lunch a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult manager and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Apr 6, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We wish you the best of luck during your career search.

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call from Paycom asking for a phone interview which were pretty basic questions and at the end scheduled an in person interview for 2 days later. When I got there I took a test and was told to sit in a room for the interview. Lady was very nice and asked me some questions about my resume. After that she got her boss and I ended up having two other people interview me. Both were awesome! Ended up getting a job offer and I accepted. All in all it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 7, 2017 – Representative

We're happy to have you on the Paycom team! Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

First off let me start by saying this. If you are a brown person and you are interested in a position here, I would stay away! Keep reading and you will know why.

I applied to the position through Linked in and was reached out to by Email for a webcam interview. The recruiter was very nice and a genuinely good person. When we got on the Skype call, he saw my face (I had a small beard) and told me that he now has put a "face to the name" and that we can talk on the phone instead of on Skype. Which was not a big deal because we were having sound issues with Skype. The interview was fine, and at the end he set up a face to face with the manager at the office. Before we hung up, he asked me about my beard, He asked me if it was for religion or for something else. He also told me that if I want my chances of moving forward to be higher that I should shave. He told me that the reason for this was to "look more professional" and so the manager doesn't say "oh he doesn't listen to orders". I was okay with shaving but my point is, if you are growing a beard for religion you are out of luck, you will be discriminated against and your chances of moving forward will be lower...

The recruiter loved me and even sent me tips on how to do well in the next interview.

Face to Face interview ---

When I went to the Face to Face interview, The manager saw me waiting out the door and walked towards me the door to open it, when he saw my face, he proceeded to stop give me the "wait" finger and started talking to one of his co-workers, right in front of me. As I waited there for what seemed to be 5 minutes, he finally stop talking to his coworker and let me in. (felt like i was at a zoo being watched) Anyways, when I got in the office, every SINGLE PERSON was white. no diversity what so ever. Being a brown person, I am used to this kind of thing when it comes to big companies like this. Anyways, when I was in the office with him, we talked a bit about my self, and how I grew up and he asked me a couple of interview questions. During my interview, he told me that this was to get to know me and it was nothing too formal, but he did not seem interested at all to what I was saying and was looking at his computer screen.

When the interview was over, I closed and asked next steps. He told me that he still had to talk to the recruiter and if they "think I am a good fit they will contact me" ... but I thought this was a personality interview rather than how well i could do the job???

Long story short, it felt Awkward, I felt like the odd ball out, I saw a couple of negative reviews on here before my interviews about the company discriminating if you are brown, I dismissed them as people who were mad they didn't get the job but they turned out to be right.

Moral of the interview process -- If you are Brown or if you have a beard, dont apply here, you most likely wont get it.

Thanks for tuning in folks, and good luck!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 18, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. The director of recruiting is looking into the details of your experience as we take your comments very seriously. We take pride in the ... More