Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Paycom. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager. This was to make sure I'd be a good fit for her office.

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win or hate to lose?   2 Answers

Mar 6, 2017 – Representative

We're exciting to have you on the Chicago sales team as an intern. Thank you for sharing!

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Submitted my application online and received a phone call within 2 days asking me to come in for an interview. Interview went well but I didn't get a second interview. Nice people though!

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Glassdoor and was contacted by the hiring manager. We had about a 20-30 minute phone conversation and she asked me to come in for a 1:1 interview with her, a team lead and to meet the team. I came in to interview that next Monday evening and met with the team lead and shadowed another recruiter for a little bit. I was there for about an hour total.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your goals?
      What keeps you motivated?
      Why Paycom?   1 Answer

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

It was a 3 part process, first was the phone interview, then it was a in person interview, then it was an interview that included giving a presentation to multiple people.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Aug 3, 2017 – Representative

We're sorry to see you had a negative interview experience. In order to improve the interview process we would need details of your experience. Please provide more detail in your review or email... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I interviewed with Paycom about a year ago, but I wanted to bring this issue to the company's attention. Around this time last year I made it through to the third round of interviews and did very well in the previous two. For some reason though, when I met with the manager for the final interview, it became apparent that they weren't interested in hiring me. Their primary objection were apparently my grades in college (I already had a successful career in sales and had been in the workforce for the better part of a decade), and they began speaking to me in a very condescending and unprofessional manner. This is the first time, even for a job that I didn't get, where the manager was openly rude. They also shot down any point that I brought up about my previous successes as though I was making it up.

Even when we began small talk initially, they asked how I was and I said something simple like "Great now that I've had my coffee! : )" and they, with a dead serious face, asked me "what, are you some sort of coffee addict? It's like 10:00 am I feel like you should have your act together at this point". THEY WERE DEAD SERIOUS. Look I understand if you're not interested in a candidate, but for god sake hold yourself like a professional. I've interviewed in jobs where the office was a practically a storage unit and I still received more professional treatment.

I know its easy to complain when you don't get something, but I was so bothered and thrown off by it that I felt compelled to notify someone. I even told her about my accomplishments and they actually said "yeah, but how do I know your not just making all this up ?" - Seriously?? First of all, the same way everyone has always done, which is checking the references. Second, you do not speak to people like they are terrible little children.

I know I sound bitter, but this gave me a very poor impression of the management there.

Interview Questions

• If you're doing so great at your current job, I mean, why are you coming here? - they meant this to be condescending.   1 Answer

Dec 27, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and are sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience with one of our sales managers. All Paycom hiring professionals should be respectful of... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

A quick process that was handled professionally the entire way through. Incredibly engaging company that is easy to work with, making the interview process an enjoyable one. The process was none too daunting and I appreciate the willingness to work with others' schedules in order to make this process as easy as possible.

Interview Questions

• Why are we currently in this position talking to each other?   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter by phone and after a 20 minute conversation was asked to schedule a 1:1 interview with regional sales manager. The interview was a standard behavioral interview. During the interview, the interviewer acknowledged that they had been searching for a candidate for the position for several months and no one had "fit the bill" that they were looking for. I received no response after the interview even after attempts to follow up for several weeks. A few months later, I was called by another recruiter interested in scheduling me for an interview for the same position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

1 on 1, phone interview with regional manager, phone canvasing, ceo. Overall, their process for interviewing is good. However, there is little feedback and if you have experience in sales it seems like you have little shot at the opportunity. Must be a college grad or little sales experience. Zero feedback from a seemingly inexperienced manager. Seemed to be a good place to work, but don't expect a professional interview process until you move on later in the rounds.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about sales?   Answer Question
    • Explain a two month gap in your job search years out of college?? How did you pay your bills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

The recruiter for the phone interview was outstanding, professional, and very helpful. The actual interview at the atlanta office was horrible. I meet the branch manger and she was very cold. She asked me some basic questions that could have been answered had she simply read my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2010.

Interview

4-5 step interview process. Seemed like a good place to work and it's obvious that they put a lot of effort into hiring the right person. A recruiter contacted me, then I was set up with a 1:1 interview with the sales manager which led to a 4 hr. phone canvasing session, then two more webcam interviews with corporate managers/owners. Overall, good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Charlotte, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

I got the job interview through a recruiter who was very nice and informative about the job opportunity. i usually do not go to sales interviews but this one offered a 30,000 base salary so I decided to go. The interview was very short and no one really cared to answer my questions. It seemed like they were not interested in me from the beginning