Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Interview Questions

Interviews at Paycom

1. Featured Interview

Banking Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great! The recruiter was very helpful and had many great questions. She was able to give me a quick review and actually interviewed for a more fitting position at the company. I have been happy with the choice they made.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Oct 9, 2019 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The initial round was a HR call to discuss about your qualifications and experience. The next round was a Hackerrank test on oops concepts, HTML, CSS, Javascript etc. The last one was a panel review with 2 people which concentrated mostly on basics of security and behavioral questions
    3rd round: panel interview

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 14, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We wish you great success in your future endeavors!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

There are 2 interviews. The first is with 2 supervisors and the final is with a different supervisor and a manager. Both interviews are on campus and last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 3, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! We're so excited to have you, and we appreciate you sharing your interview experience!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

Little too no communication throughout process. Third time a recruiter has reached out to me third time I've followed up with an email and message on linked in and received no response at all. After getting a generic rejection email I reply asking for any feedback and 3/3 times hear nothing. Awful experience!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 18, 2020 – Paycom Representative

We're sorry to see this as your experience. We take pride in providing a superb candidate experience, and what you have described does not meet our expected standards. We would love the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please reach out to us at feedback@paycomonline.com, and a member of our team will follow up with you regarding this experience. As always, thank you for your interest in Paycom!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Portland, OR).

Interview

When I read the reviews here, I didn't really believe it and wanted to see for myself. I had one phone screen. She asked my about my college experience when I graduated 9 years ago. Weird. She asked me to go through my entire resume and then said she thought a different role would be better for me and that she would connect me with another recruiter. I thought this was strange because she had already seen my resume and called me for the original position. I don't really see how walking someone through my resume could turn them off, but it did. This morning I received a linkedin message saying that I didn't get the Sacramento position and that they are going with other candidates. I don't even live in Sacramento! She interviewed me for Portland Oregon....... Yeah this place is beyond bizarre. It sounds like they pay well, but based on the reviews and my experience I wouldn't work here. Other places pay well and have their stuff together more.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Feb 28, 2020 – Paycom Representative

We’re sorry to hear you were unhappy with your interview experience. As an organization, we are dedicated to ensuring we match each candidate to the position that will offer the best opportunity for success. We know our unique culture is not a fit for everyone, but we appreciate your interest in exploring a career with us. We wish you great success in all of your future endeavors.

TSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY).

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter on linked in for a sales rep position. Had a short 15 minute call about my experience, was scheduled for an interview for the following week. During my interview they asked about sales experience. The manager at the end said that I would be a better fit for the that role they had open. I had a phone interview the next day for that role and then an in person interview the day after.
    It was your basic "tell me about a time" questions. Overall it was a good experience, even though I didn't not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• "If you could do anything, tell me what your dream job would be?"   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your interest in Paycom! We appreciate you sharing your experience and wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Applied on the university career fair and they took a shot on my resume. A couple days later, I received the campus interview notification. It was 30 mins long, if you talked well, might a little bit long

Interview Questions

• Get the n-th Fibonacci number   1 Answer

Feb 25, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your interest in Paycom! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The final interview was very open. I was interviewed by two upper management employees. They were very open and it was a conversation type of interview. I was kindly greeted and offered water prior to the interview. Once the interview questioning was complete I was taken to an assessment room where I participated in an assessment test.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel taking on multiple projects daily and weekly and would you be able to manage it?   Answer Question

Feb 10, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your interest in Paycom! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! We wish you great success in all of your future endeavors!

Human Resources Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2020.

Interview

I was contacted via email for a phone interview. We set up a time for the next day. I was never contacted. I reached out to the recruiter who then got back to me two days later saying the position was filled. It was a complete waste of my time, and Paycom is not a company I’d want to work for now.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 4, 2020 – Paycom Representative

We’re sorry to hear of the lack of communication you received. The experience you described does not meet our expectations, as we strive to provide each candidate with transparent and consistent communication throughout the entire interview process. We would like the opportunity to learn more about this experience. Please reach out to us at feedback@paycomonline.com, and a member of our team will follow up with you. We hope you will consider a career at Paycom in the future, and we wish you great success!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

My interview got rescheduled multiple times without me knowing. I got automated emails on the date of the scheduled interview that i have been scheduled to interview 1 week after. and after 3 different rescheduling when i got an interview i was told that he'll recommend me to the hiring manager and the manager might also consider me for a taxation position instead of this one. Also that someone would get back to me surely and if no one got back i should email him, i emailed him 2 twice and he never got back to me

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Feb 6, 2020 – Paycom Representative

We're saddened to hear of the lack of communication that you received. This does not meet our expectations, as we strive to provide each candidate with a superb interview experience. If you feel comfortable, we would like to learn more about your feedback. Please reach out to us at feedback@paycomonline.com, and a member of our team will follow up with you. We wish you great success in your future endeavors.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Portland, OR) in February 2020.

Interview

I interviewed with Paycom for several months, there were outside circumstances with the manager at my desired location that stretched out the total interview time, so in the meantime they had me interview with other managers in different locations. Finally, I interviewed with the regional sales manager of the pacific northwest and that was a very hard interview but after I finished asking him high-level questions we chatted for 10-15 minutes and he was very nice. The hardest part is the PC (phone canvasing interview) in person, I was there for 5 hours, gave a presentation to the sales staff and had to make sales calls with hardly any prior knowledge of the product(besides what I had been researching), how to sell the product or any briefing. I was just given a list and a phone. I am about to graduate college so I do not have much cold calling experience so it was a great learning experience. I made 186 cold calls and by the end of the day, I completed my quota of meetings set. However, I was not offered the position and it was given to someone out of college with many years of sales experience... so I don't really know why I was competing with a grad with years of experience when I was under the impression that this position was primarily for new college grads.

Interview Questions

• Why do you know that you can be an effective salesperson coming straight out of college with little experience?   1 Answer

May 6, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your interest in Paycom. As a high-growth organization, our sales team is comprised of competitive professionals from a variety of experience levels. We appreciate you taking the time to share your interview experience, and we wish you great success in your future endeavors.