Paycom Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,243 of over 1,243.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Paycom

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

It was very fast and smooth. Extremely nice recruiters and helped accommodate my schedule. They were super understanding of conflicts and were very fair and super honest throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Paycom
    Answer Question

Paycom

Application

I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

I first had a phone call interview with a recruiter in the HR department. The second step was done via zoom with two other individuals who are team leads in the department I applied for. The third step was an in person interview with another team lead. They tell you afterwards they will contact you with 24-48 hrs and inform you if they are going to offer you the position .

Interview Questions
  • Are you comfortable working overtime when needed?

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

210.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Paycom~136736
Join the conversation on

Paycom

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and asked if I was interested in the opportunity. We set up a time to talk, she asked for my phone number and said she would call me. I was not actively applying to jobs at the time because I was so busy with my stressful, full-time job. However, I spent part of my weekend researching the company, and preparing for the interview. I blocked off my schedule and interrupted my workday, sitting around waiting for her to call. She never called me, and I messaged her on LinkedIn asking if she tried to call, she never responded and completely ghosted me, it's been over a month. Extremely rude, if you decide you don't want to do the interview anymore, at least let the person know so they don't waste their time and become available. When I vented to my friends about the experience, one of them said they interviewed here and were told they would have no life whatsoever and asked what about that was appealing to them. Paycom seems like a great company, but maybe the sales and recruiting departments have issues.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Paycom

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

There were three interviews, it took a total of about two weeks to complete all three interviews and receive an offer. The recruiter was very helpful with any questions and extremely responsive.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you and your coworkers solved a problem together.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2022

Interview

This recruiter did an amazing job. It was easy to go through the process and was timely as well! They called to do a short interview and just to get to know who you are. Over the phone they will ask what your expected compensation will be. So be prepared! Then after that I had an interview with two people, one of the two would be my direct manager if hired. They told me I would be notified either direction they went. Thankfully they wanted to bring me back in. That was a short interview / meet and greet with a hire

Interview Questions
  • They were very situational, so having exact times that you went through a challenging time, or had to disappoint someone, or failed but overcame.

Paycom

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom in May 2022

Interview

1. Recruiter contacts you and asks basic questions regarding your profile 2. You will be sent a HackerRank assessment with 20 multiple choice questions with 35 minute time limit. Not too difficult, consists of topics covered in a Computer Science curriculum. Includes debugging code snippets in several languages 3. 30 minute technical interview over HackerRank where interviewer asks you several questions then gives you a coding challenge (in any language). 4. Behavioral/technical interview Interview process was overall smooth and responsive. Never felt like I was a complete stranger and recruiter communicates with you.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Principles 2. Basic string/array manipulation problem solving (in language of your choice) 3. Behavioral questions regarding your experience in group projects (or working with other people in general)

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2022

Interview

Very Friendly, welcoming, professional. Very detailed about the job description. I did anticipate some intimidation but received the total opposite. 10/10 recommend Paycom as a future or current position. Thank you!

Interview Questions
  • How might you handle a difficult situation?

Paycom

Application

I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

There was an initial meeting/phone call, and then an informational interview, and then there are three more steps, but I am not sure if I will progress I am waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your biggest achievement? Why are you interested in Sales?

Paycom

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

The onboarding process and interview process were extremely delightful. Each person reassured my ultimate decision to accept this new role. Jordan was an excellant recruiter and thank you so much for all your help along the way! I am very excited to begin this new journey!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Paycom

Application

I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

The gate guard and metal detector seem intimidating at first. But both were friendly. Front reception was upbeat, friendly, and personable. I was directed to a room. Then interviewed by 2 propels. They traded off questions. My recruiter encouraged the star method and that is important. Go in with examples of how your previous work translates to the position. A lot of emphasis on conflict resolution.

Interview Questions
  • Several questions revolved around conflict resolution which made sense with clients but they also asked about team member conflict.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,243 Interviews

Paycom Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Paycom as 59.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.95 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Representative and Paycom Specialist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Outside Sales Representative and Software Developer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Paycom takes an average of 19 days when considering 1,405 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 16 days), whereas Paycom Specialist roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 20 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Paycom according to 1,405 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 22.92%