Perkins Restaurant and Bakery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Perkins Restaurant and Bakery Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

1.9

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a Regional Manager first. This lasted approx 40 minutes. Then I was interviewed by the General Manager which lasted approx 25 mins. I was asked normal interview questions. The last question being why should we hire you? I was then given a chance to ask any questions I had. Training was emphasized as well as policies for everything including bussing tables. The importance of family life was stressed.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Layton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Layton, UT).

Interview

Gave information about company. Spent quite a bit of time raving about one employee that they apparently just love. Asked reasonable questions. Heard back from them quite a bit later. They offered me about a dollar more pert hour than they are currently paying me.

Interview Questions

• Can you work holidays and weekends?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really there.

Anonymous Employee in East Windsor, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (East Windsor, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Walked in an filled out an application and spoke with the manager immediately. He reviewed my application, asked for my prior experience and availability and offered me the job on the spot. Startd a week later.

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Kissimmee, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I walked up to the GM after dining with my family. I was later handed a paper application with i filled on spot and returned to the GM. Roughly two days later i was called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• I was first asked about my employment history and reasons why I wanted to work for the company. Followed by questions of prior serving experience.   1 Answer

I Was Interviewing for Hostess/Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehigh Acres, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Lehigh Acres, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was pretty simple. I went in when they were doing open interviews, and went through the process very quickly. The woman was a bit snobby, but she was trying to be polite. She definitely didn't treat me like she had treated the girl before me (I had over heard her interview from the booth next to mine).

Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery in August 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty simple interview, the manager asked me basic questions about my strenghths, weaknesses, and all of that. The atmosphere was very laid back, although it was 2 pm so that very well could be why. I hope you like old people, because that was 99.5% of the population in there. Overall a clean and friendly place.

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Appleton, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

They have a 2 interview system. I met with the scheduling/assistant manager first, and she asked basic questions about myself, nothing very job-related. I got a phone call a day or two later to meet with the store manager for a second interview where she asked more in-depth questions. She asked about prior server experience (I hadn't any), how I felt about a restaurant atmosphere, and asked a little more about me as a person. I was hired to temporarily be a host, as people often are to start, and would later become a server. Orientation was to be held about three days later.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite menu item at Perkins? Sell it to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Green Bay, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Sit one on one with a manager during open interviews, go over your application, ask you what you think the job entails, ask you how you would sell a pie (this is what they try to sell/upsell the most of), etc. I got hired on the spot and started orientation a few days later.

Hosting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange City, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Orange City, FL).

Interview

It was an open interview but the interviewer rarely asked any questions. Basically he just said "you're not gonna have a social life if you work here." It just wasn't a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you good working 3 hours a day?   1 Answer

Area Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the recruiter first asking general background questions about my previous employers. The recruiter then passed the application on to Café Rio who contacted me within 24 hours to set up a phone interview the following week.. The HR representative called at the appointed time asking me questions about my past employment, they asked me to describe a tough situation and how I handled it. Another question was describe your day as a Regional Manager. A concern that I had was the HR representative conducted the interview from home with a child fussing in the background during the whole interview. I felt that I did not get the full attention of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your job history with your last employer   1 Answer