Phacil, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.6

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phacil, Inc. (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone screen with HR (warm and fuzzy interview) with a face to face interview with "technical twenty questions". The one thing to note, is that the federal Clearance process (Public Trust) took longer than the hiring process, so you spent a month or so in your "old" position waiting for the clearance to be finished before being able to give notice. This applied even though i held a higher clearance from another federal agency.

Interview Questions

• 1. Please describe the protocol flow of a SAML 2.0 web browser Single Sign-On (SSO) negotiation.   Answer Question

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Phacil, Inc. (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was painful. They contacted me a month after I applied for the job. By that time I have reviewed their requirements (they wanted a lot) and indicated that I'm not qualified for the job. They insisted I talk to their hiring manager. After the conversation with the hiring manager I got invited to the in-person interview (panel 3 people). There was no response from them for a while, so I started calling their recruiter every week to see what the decision was. A month or so later the recruiter told me that the position was closed and they didn't hire anyone. Then another month later they called again to see if I want to come in for the final interview as the position re-opened. By that time I already had a job.

Interview Questions

• The panel presented me with various scenarios (technical and behavioral). How would I handle working long hours and learn and support programs outside of my area of expertise.   Answer Question

Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phacil, Inc. (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very laid back. Mainly talked about our job experiences and life. Was there for an hour and a half. Got to talk to other employees and see exactly what kind of work I would be doing.

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phacil, Inc..

Interview

Vague description of position. One member of the panel appeared desperate and eager for the person to start right away. This person also seemed not to know the day to day detailed job functions of this role.

Incident Response Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phacil, Inc. in May 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was brief. Was told that a hiring manager would contact me for a technical interview, but never received and email or call. Interview just went over my resume, had a few questions on clearance and certification dates.

Interview Questions

• Are your certifications current?   1 Answer

Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phacil, Inc. (Arlington, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with two people, one was the service desk manager and the other was a team lead. The two people were very candid and open about the environment as well as the customer to be supported.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had experience operating with Remedy. When I stated that I had some but not a lot, the manager stated that wouldn't be an issue as we would receive training.   Answer Question

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phacil, Inc. (Chandler, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Went over my resume briefly. I explained what my past network admin experience involved. Asked me about six CCNA level network questions. They explained that there is a "public trust" security clearance required. I had a chance to ask 2-3 questions. The whole thing took about 30 minutes. I only met with one person.

Interview Questions

• How many hosts are in a /23 network?   1 Answer
    • What is spanning tree (STP) used for?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a contract takeover, so they interviewed everybody who wanted to interview. They asked for proof of our current salary, which they did not ask for in the interview (I thought asking for proof was indicative that they didn't trust us). Recruiter made promises that were not kept. Even those provided in writing in an offer letter were not kept. Candidates beware.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Phacil, Inc..

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter stating a hiring manager was interested in interviewing me. I scheduled a phone interview and went through a 30 minute interview where they asked the typical interview questions, including a bit about project management, and budgeting. Then they said they were interested in a face to face interview on-site. I set that up and showed up the date of the interview and was greeted by the same hiring manager I had spoken with over the phone. They were friendly but seemed uninterested from the get-go. When we got started with the interview they asked me THE EXACT SAME QUESTIONS THEY ASKED OVER THE PHONE, with the exception of maybe one or two questions. In the end I left the interview thinking I was a good fit for the position and was then not contacted by the hiring manager or the recruiter about the position again. I had to contact the recruiter several times and finally the manager personally, who eventually got back to me and said that they simply filled the position internally. What a waste of my time. Don't waste peoples time. I also believe the manager was not interested in hiring anyone under the age of 30 but that's just my personal opinion.

Interview Questions

• What makes you special, what do you bring to the table that sets you apart?   Answer Question

SCCM Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phacil, Inc. (Chandler, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

A very nondescript building (for understandable reasons), somewhat awkward check-in; a greeting through a wall-mounted speaker. Eventually someone came out and got me, whisked me away to a small stuffy conference room where I was interviewed, then was given a very brief tour of the facility before being escorted back out.

The interview was awful... There was a manager and 3 employees. The manager was cool, but employees all seemed to hate each other - and their jobs. You could sense the tension amongst them. One guy just stared at me the entire time, straight-faced, like he wanted to kill me or something. Not well organized, and they just kind of asked whatever was on their mind.

Very, very awkward and sterile workplace.

Interview Questions

• One guy (the one who wanted to kill me) seemed to be bent on non-technical stuff, like "You're troubleshooting 'x', and there are ~40 log files; what is the name of the log file you would look at first to troubleshoot 'x'?"   1 Answer