Phenomenex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Phenomenex Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2017

Technical Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Phenomenex (Torrance, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online
    Received short phone interview within a couple days and scheduled in person interview
    Three rounds of interviews with two sales managers each
    Relatively easy questions but will try to throw you off with an occasional tough one

Interview Questions

• What will be the hardest thing about working here for you?   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Interview

HR phone interview, Manger phone interview and then group interview.Usual interview questions where asked. Nothing unusual was asked. I would get a call back a week after a each interview. It took about 3 weeks to get hired.

BI Developer Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Phenomenex (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was directly contacted by the Hiring Manager for the BI developer role.

Initially had a Skype round with the Hiring Manager and team. Later had one full round of interview with the team in Los Angeles.

The questions where direct and very much relevant to the job that I was to be hired. During the visit to Phenomenex the team made me comfortable and meet all members of the IT team including the director of the company.

The only issue was the salary was low for LA location and hence I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Phenomenex.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an interview with the company by phone. The interview consisted of a panel of the sales management team. I had three interviews in a row. I was there a total of 2 hours. I received a phone call from the recruiter two days later stating that they wanted to present a job offer to me.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Phenomenex (Torrance, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. One with manager and one with the general manager company. overall they were very. We really want to experience day-to-day. Their questions were very specific about I did certain things each and every day

Interview Questions

• Give me a description of your day-to-day life in your current job?
       GM wanted to know more higher-level questions about how to do Lean and operational efficiency
      1 Answer

Technical Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Phenomenex (Torrance, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and application online. Got a call from HR following day. Interview the next week. Easy interview process. Basic questions, lots of scenario-based questions. Spoke/interviewed with many people that day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you failed? What happened?

Why sales?
      Answer Question

Technical Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Phenomenex (Torrance, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

You first get a phone interview with HR which asks you some basic questions on your education and background. Then, HR sets you up for an in-person interview. The in-person interview is composed of three individual interviews with different sales managers. I was notified of their decision about 1 month later.

QA Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Phenomenex (Torrance, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

- Applied Online
    - Phone Interview with HR (Friday morning)
    - On Site Interview with Department Manager (Friday afternoon )
    - Received call from HR to make 2nd interview appointment (Monday)
    - Panel Interview with Department (Tuesday)
    - Call Offer from HR (Wednesday)
    - Offer Letter received through email
    - I will be starting the following week :)

Overall the process was quick. I think if they really feel confident about you as a candidate they will immediately extend the offer. I had a fortunate experience with Phenomenex and they were eager to have me join the team. If all goes well I will surely give them a review after a few months. Happy Job Hunting! Good luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Phenomenex in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job online and it took about a week to hear back from them. They had me set up an interview for 3 days later. I interviewed with the manager and one of her supervisors, it seemed a little unorganized and they didn't really ask me that many questions. I got showed around the building and it was a really great environment, cool architecture and a young group of people.

Interview Questions

• Can you work well in diverse groups? I just felt it was an awkward question   Answer Question

QC Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phenomenex (Torrance, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process lasted about a week. General pre-screening over the phone w/ HR and scheduled an on-site interview w/ the department manager the same week. After the interview, manager mentioned that HR would contact a week later, but never received a response.