Philip Morris USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

3.3

Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Labor related about sitting and standing for hours, how fast you can put pegs in a board, a few elementary math and English questions. No questions about goals or past technical or trouble shooting experiences or projects.... not needed because it is a labor intensive job...

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in December 2015.

Interview

Similar to all described as before. Made it to the "final" interview with panelists. Questions were easy star method. Trust me on two things: 1. Do NOT even THINK about applying unless you are willing to move immediately, there are no if's and or buts about that topic. 2. I did feel some ageism. Older workers (Meaning over 35) already have roots in their communities, why to work for this company they throw people all over the place, it is a mystery.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Richmond, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Three Panel process of asking one technical machining questions. Also, before the interview one had to pass a 4 hour Machinist Test. Then there were a group of candidates selected to Brainstorm production and machine problems while being observed by 3 interviewers and they judged each of us.

Interview Questions

• Brainstorming Sessions, Fishbone Diagrams   1 Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Richmond, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, only last a few minutes.

Marlboro Retail Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

3 interviews process and 1 drug test. First meeting with hr for 2 hours followed by lunch at the cafeteria. 2 interviews with director and senior director in the afternoon...half an hour each. Friendly attitude and happy i was a smoker!aked me about my school and the fact that i was european...Multi cultural environment being a strong asset in the company. checked my french and my spanish and asked me about my best marketing examples. Also asked a few situation question, what would you do, where do you see yourself...

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Richmond, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

Generalist, Hiring Manager and then Vice President

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to get up to speed sooner rather than later?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

A vigorous and intense interview process, which makes sense for the type of personality that is required for this type of role. There was 3 in-person interviews, and a field-day ride with process with the potential District Manager. One of the interviews was a group interview with senior management, and included a case study on a sales call scenario with an unhappy customer. I found the interview process to be challenging, but worthwhile. I knew what I was getting into.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you will handle situations with unhappy/unsatisfied customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a relocation package and a sign-on bonus.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Corpus Christi, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

First interview was with an external recruiter.
    Second interview was a panel interview. There were 3 Unit Managers and 1 Regional Manager present.
    Third Interview was a ride along with future boss, and colleague. Hands on experience of what the daily role would include.

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. The job posting indicated a pay of $40-$45k, however due to my experience, they offered $56K. Since they came in so much higher than posted rate, I didn't negotiate.

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA in September 2009.

Interview

Very Positive. Had phone screen with recruiter, then phone screen with hiring manager, followed by panel, then day in the field, then offer and background/drug test. Excellent company to get your foot in the door for business to business sales. Lots of training and skills practice. Manager was great, reps stay around for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris USA (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Began with a resume drop at a college career fair. Moved on to panel interview at a local hotel with a variety of individuals ranging from a campus recruiter, to sales mangers, to upper management. Second round was a day in the field with a corporate Unit Manager consisting of routine sales calls and merchandising. Next was lunch with the other prospective interns at an expensive local restaurant. Last, the interns were flown to Los Angeles and put up in an expensive beach front hotel for a presentation about the company and the internship experience. Overall impression is that the individuals at the company are not incredibly inspiring or intelligent, but the company itself offers unparalleled benefits and treatment.

Interview Questions

• If you were a copy machine sales person, and knew that a new product was coming out in a few days, yet your manager has told you that the company has important sales numbers to meet on the old product, how would you handle a situation in which a very trusted and loyal customer wishes to place a large order of copiers with you, just before news of the product release has gone public?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations are really possible. The benefits and pay are unbeatable, so you have little leverage as a college student to ask for more.