PowerPlan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PowerPlan Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The Manager of Recruitment was very aggressive over LinkedIn to get me to talk to him. I appreciate that, but he's blown off 3 separate times for phone calls. I am not interested in working here if they can't respect a candidates time that I block off during my work day.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you talk Tuesday at 2pm?   1 Answer
    • First time he said he had a flat tire and followed up to setup a 2nd.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PowerPlan (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I believe there are 2 rounds of interviews. I believe the first round is a screening phone interview followed by the second round office visit interview. I never went through the screening phone interview; rather, I was invited for the office visit after talking to the recruiter and a few employees at our university career fair. The office interview process included one behavioral interview and an office tour. The behavioral interview was an hour long with 2-3 professionals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you know about PowerPlan?
      Why PowerPlan?
      How did you hear about the company?
      Tell me about a time when you worked with a team.
      Tell me about a time when you lead a project.
      How much SQL experience do you have?
      Have you dealt with customers before?
      (Anything on your resume is fair game to be questioned)
      (You will be questioned about your technical skills and experiences with them)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PowerPlan (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The was a brief tour of the office, then brought me to a room where there were two employees from different departments/teams. We went through the typical questions, then I had an opportunity to ask questions. After I was given a more detailed tour of the office, met a few employees from the same college.

Interview Questions

• What was one time a boss/teacher was asking too much of you? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Experienced Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PowerPlan (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

My interview process was only 1 on site interview. I was referred from a friend who currently works there. The interview consisted of one 1:1 and one panel interview. The questions were behavioral and focused on your background and fit with the company.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? What does PowerPlan do? What kind of client interaction have you dealt with? Explain a time you lead a project, Etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, the compensation and benefits seemed pretty set for experienced hires. The pay is competitive so there was no need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PowerPlan (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

It consists of two interviews. One was a panel interview and second interview was a one on one interview. The interview was pretty straightforward. They asked questions about my projects and my programming ability. They go through the whole resume and highlight the important aspects related to the job position and ask you to elaborate.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Asked to walk through resume several times. Know your resume, and have a few stories to tell to show you're character/work ethic/whatever you want the recruiter to know about you. Two rounds, three interviews: one round over the phone, the second consisting of two interviews. One was with a couple of younger employees, the other with a more senior level title.

Interview Questions

• Tell a story which exemplifies you're technical ability.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PowerPlan (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process for college/university recruiting included a pre-interview social, one on-campus interview, and an on-site interview. They have a high GPA requirement (3.5 GPA) which they follow fairly strictly.

During the on-site interview, they fed all the candidates lunch and allowed us to interact with the current employees to get a feel for the company culture. The questions were mostly behavioral in nature and not anything out of the norm. All the people I had the opportunity to interact with throughout the interview process were smart and friendly people.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PowerPlan (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

It went very quickly! Started off with two phone interviews including HR and a current consultant. I then moved on to a several hour in-person interviews with members of the executive board as well as senior consultants. I heard back withing a week and had one week to decide. They were very helpful with the multitude of questions I had for them.

Interview Questions

• What computer science courses have you had? What IT projects have you done in the past? What is it that you look to do for work? Do you want to travel and have you done so before?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I didn't have time to wait for other offers.

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Interview

Talk to a recruiter at college career fair and few days later got an email asking for a phone interview with one manager. The interview asked me about my SAS certifications and one SQL question. Some basic question about your resume, such as projects I did. The interviewer was not very enthusiastic.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PowerPlan in December 2014.

Interview

I am an engineer, and this was for an entry level consultant position. The job listing (all 4 pages of it) did not mention a minimum GPA requirement anywhere. I found out in a callback that there was a 3.5 minimum requirement. I was rejected for not meeting this requirement, which I can understand (although I wish this was mentioned on the job listing so I could have saved my time).

The part that was unusual and frustrating is that after being rejected, I was asked to point the HR rep in the direction of any friends that would be qualified candidates. I first answered that my program was competitive and most friends were under the 3.5. This answer wasn't enough for the representative, and she was willing to make exceptions for those close to 3.5. I answered that my friends with such strong GPAs just stayed in the industry for which they went to school.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to help the company seek out candidates more qualified than myself was definitely both difficult and unexpected.   Answer Question