Powertek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Powertek Interview Questions

2.2

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Powertek (Rockville, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I enjoyed the conversational style of the interview process. I felt that there was a genuine interest in ensuring that my background and experience were fully understood to ensure that I would be a good fit technically as well as that there be a strong cultural fit with the company. After having completed the phone screen with the recruiter, I was scheduled, 2 days later, with the Founder of the firm, Nancy Scott. This interview was business focused but at the same time friendly and broad reaching. At each stage of their process, I was kept in the loop and knew what to expect form the next steps.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked for an overview of my experience managing Customer Requirements and Expectations.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Powertek (Rockville, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter responded to me about 10 minutes after I applied. I could not believe how quick response was! Initial screening with Recruiter, he was very nice and asked basic questions. Felt like he actually cared about what I was saying and knew enough about IT to not sound like your typical Recruiter. Set up interview next day and I was scheduled for same week

Interview Questions

• What are your current job responsibilities   1 Answer
    • Do you lead the pack or follow?   1 Answer

Computer Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Powertek (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was not a real technical interview. They just asked a few questions such as: "Did you work with smth-smth? Do you know ....? Tell me about your previous projects. And so on."

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Powertek (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Chaotic, and inconsistent between people. Be prepared to wait awhile for a response.

Interview Questions

• the questions were all non-technical. Had nothing to do with the job, all about how you reacted to them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The initial negotiate was simple..there isn't one. They will make a offer and say take it or leave it. They also do not increase pay even when moving to different positions.

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Powertek (Rockville, MD).

Interview

They basically will ask you how you would deal with at difficult customer, I did not get any really technical questions. Mention what you've done ( IT wise that is ) in the past , be honest and use the standard catch phrases and you be OK

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They agreed to what I was asking and most others reported a similar experience

Help Desk Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Powertek (Arlington, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. Explained my background to the recruiter. He said that I would be a good fit and would send my information to the hiring manager. One week later, I received the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you been in the IT field?   1 Answer

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Powertek (Kansas City, MO) in June 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the Technical Lead and the Site Lead, with the then head of H.R. on the phone. The interview was lengthy, covered an excellent diversity of relevant questions, and I was very comfortable during the entire interview.

Interview Questions

• Something I've rarely been asked in interviews - "describe your steps for basic troubleshooting." Usually I'm asked what would be the first thing I did to troubleshoot, which doesn't really tell you much. Troubleshooting can take any number of courses, depending on the type of issue and the technical savvy of the client. It impressed me that the technical lead wanted me to describe my process.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Powertek in July 2009.

Interview

It was a straight forward interview.