Precision Castparts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Precision Castparts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.8

Process Planner II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts in May 2017.

Interview

Excellent Interview in person lasting some hours. HR would not respond to any questions or direct the company has placed Hiring on hold. Test scores sent to wrong email by HR.
    Hiring Manager chose me for placement, yet was informed the company is being restructured; he informed me immediately of the development.

Interview Questions

• Six Tests, Watson Glaser II to Math Based Reasoning   1 Answer

X-ray Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Douglas, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Douglas, GA).

Interview

You an a group walk the plant an they pick who ever looks like they want to give a shot not to hard just come like you actually want a job

Interview Questions

• No question really if you look like someone they want to give a try then you got job   Answer Question

Financial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied online, completed two phone interviews over the course of a couple weeks, and then was flown out to company headquarters in Portland for a final interview day. It seemed like a lot of the interviews both over the phone and in-person were them making sure I was interested in the position as opposed to qualified for it.

President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Farmington Hills, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

First few interviews was with the recruiter then the VP of HR via telephone. In between these steps I took a battery of assessment tests that took about 3 hours

Interview Questions

• The biggest question from all was if I had thick enough skin to withstand a very aggressive "in-your-face" management approach and culture.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Precision Castparts in March 2017.

Interview

It was mental gymnastics, a lot of thinking on your toes. There were a lot of hypothetical questions, questions about situations you've been in in the past, what you would do if blah blah blah, how you would handle/have handled such and such scenario.

Interview Questions

• "what would you do if you found yourself in a situation where..." and "describe your communication style" and "describe a situation where you had to..."   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Corona, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Called by HR to come for an on-site interview. The interview was with engineering director and HR Manager. They asked about experience on resume and talked about the job and its heavy workload. A few days later, I was asked to complete an online personality/leadership assessment.

Accounting and Financial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Eugene, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

I learned about the program through the university career services. I applied online through the company website and within few days I was able to get in touch with a recruiter. Scheduled a 30 minute phone interview through email. The interview mainly focused on the past employment and experiences. There weren't any trick questions.

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Precision Castparts in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first with a follow up online quiz if selected
    STAR behavioral questions were asked
    Some questions regarding resume but mainly behavioral and how would you work in manufacturing

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a managerial problem on the floor?   Answer Question

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Called within 2 days after submission of application. Invited for telephone interview, the interview was an excellent interview. Required to take AVA test for a face to face interview if a matched, invited to face to face interview with the Audit Manager and VP of Audit. The next level of interview were with an additional 4 executive level officers.

Interview Questions

• What % are you willing to travel and would you relocated for career advancement.   1 Answer

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Huntington, WV) in October 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus career fair, they scheduled me for a phone interview which went well. I also had to take some online personality assessments. After this I was invited to an in person interview at a plant in Huntington, WV. They provided lunch and a tour of the plant which was great. The first real interview was with four employees and it was not a pleasant experience. They asked some situational questions as well as questioning me about my entire resume. Next they brought me into a conference room where four more employees asked me some similar questions, then they gave me 30 minutes to produce a technical presentation on something I have worked on in the past. They did not notify me of this at all before stepping into the room. I had to scramble to find something on my google drive. The presentation was a wreck and I think it was what lost me the job.

Interview Questions

• A plant operator wants to leave work at the normal time to see their daughter soccer game. You have to tell them they need to stay late to get a certain amount of material ready to be shipped. How do you go about this?   1 Answer