Precision Castparts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Precision Castparts Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2018

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (New York, NY).

Interview

I found them at my school career fair. After talking with the people at the booth, they gave me an interview at the school. My second interview was on sight. I sat in a room for a few hours, being interviewed by multiple people, including engineering, sales and operation management.

MDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Cleveland, OH) in February 2018.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview based on a recruiter that came to my campus for a career fair at my university, and I thought I answered the questions well, but ultimately they chose to go with other people. The process lasted about 1.5 weeks until they rejected me from the process.

Interview Questions

• Is it more important to be smart or hardworking?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (State College, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was a 30 min interview at my university's career fair. Then I had testing to do followed by an on-site interview. The whole process was a little stressful but you just have to stick to it. They like people that can handle a lot of stress.

Fabrication Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Houston, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Interviewers were easy to talk to. The conversation was relaxed with 2 people from career fair. Mostly behavioral questions. Some questions about projects and fabrication experience. Were very good at explaining what all their company does.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Clackamas, OR) in December 2017.

Interview

Incredibly unstructured. The first question that I was asked was "What do you want to know about the role" which is a bit odd. Everyone was professional and enjoyable to talk to but there was a sense of 'flying by the seat of your pants' feeling which is strange for a company like PCC.

The worst part of the interview are the hours of assessments they require before interviewing. It can be very time consuming and rigid and should be completed after a job offer is extended. Not to every candidate they phone screen.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to know about the job?
      What kind of training have you written?   Answer Question

MDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview

Phone interview focused on behavioral questions followed by 5 different cognitive, personality, and math tests. Interview went well with the hiring manager, focused on behavioral questions and scenarios where I was in a leadership position.

Interview Questions

• If you have to choose between buying a new piece of equipment for a large up front capital investment or repairing an old one which do you choose?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Medford, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews; one was a screening call with a recruiter, and one with my would-be manager. The recruiter seemed to be more on her game, more professional, and more helpful than the manager. What made the interview difficult was the manager seemed passive in the interview. It made the conversation difficult and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience and how it would help me perform well in the role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts in October 2017.

Interview

PCC attended my university. I had a 30 min interview the next day, a four hour test that consisted of personality and math, 1 hour phone interview, then an onsite interview near my university.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

It was mainly behavioral, although they did ask about my prior experience as well. They seemed like they were interested, although it seems now that they were not that interested because of a failure to reply to my follow-ups.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time that you did not meet a deadline and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Precision Castparts in September 2017.

Interview

I was selected for a screening interview at a university job fair. Interview was with a panel of three, they wanted to know a little about past technical experience but mainly leadership and team working traits and experience.

Interview Questions

• If after an extremely long work week, a disgruntled factory worker started yelling and getting in your face, how would you deal with the situation   1 Answer