Precision Castparts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.8

Accounting and Financial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Eugene, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

I learned about the program through the university career services. I applied online through the company website and within few days I was able to get in touch with a recruiter. Scheduled a 30 minute phone interview through email. The interview mainly focused on the past employment and experiences. There weren't any trick questions.

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Precision Castparts in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first with a follow up online quiz if selected
    STAR behavioral questions were asked
    Some questions regarding resume but mainly behavioral and how would you work in manufacturing

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a managerial problem on the floor?   Answer Question

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Called within 2 days after submission of application. Invited for telephone interview, the interview was an excellent interview. Required to take AVA test for a face to face interview if a matched, invited to face to face interview with the Audit Manager and VP of Audit. The next level of interview were with an additional 4 executive level officers.

Interview Questions

• What % are you willing to travel and would you relocated for career advancement.   1 Answer

Help Desk PC/LAN Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Clackamas, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Apply directly on their website. If called in for an interview a hiring manager will make the appointment and set up the interview.

You arrive and check in at pcc, and are lead to a meeting/conference room where the actual interview is conducted.

During the actual interview you are interviewed by the technician manager and network administrator for pcc. They expect you to know how to troubleshoot networking problems with the command line. Rank certain hypothetical situations in order of importance.

While this job is at pcc you are actually working under another company as a contractor but are working at the pcc location.

Interview Questions

• Please rank the following in order of importance here at pcc? A manager not being able to work due to network problems, the production line stopping, and safety.   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview when great. I was interviewed by the plant manager and once we finish the interview the manager give me his card and said, "if you pass all the background and drug tests it's your job. I passed all the tests and then it came down to my salary. The salary was based on 72 hours a week. If the salary would have been based on 40 or 44 hour a week then it would have been acceptable. I have 22 years in my profession and they wanted to pay me like I was a fast-food operator. .

Interview Questions

• 1.Are you still with Wyman? 2.How long did you work for Wyman? 3.Can to explain why you think we should hire you.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts.

Interview

Met at job fair followed by half hour on campus interview. Hour phone interview. Site visit including about 3 hours of interviews with multiple managers. Interview questions were pretty standard and they were not going based on a template.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was at my school's campus. It was just the HR director interviewing me. I met this company and the career fair and immediately heard back from them within a few weeks. They scheduled the interview around my schedule, which was pretty nice. The director of HR said that he would screen some of the resume's of the people who he interviewed and send them out to their other branches around California.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to get involved in the aerospace industry?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Huntington, WV) in December 2015.

Interview

Really have no idea what you're going to be doing. The company seems to be stable and doing well. Also appears to be innovative. That is not the case. Questions aren't really answered during the interview. More like vague descriptions. Try to research the position as much as possible with this company and find out a general idea for pay. If you dont then you could be getting half as much as the person beside you thats doing the same job. Break apart the job description and look for things that seem half complete or like they only get something half done. You need to ask about during the interview. If you cant get an answer that will probably mean that youre going to be picking up all of the odd jobs that no one else has been doing for some long period of time

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer?
      That's pretty much it
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There isnt really any. You take it or leave it

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Precision Castparts (Groton, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

I went to a Job fair at my University and spoke with the company representatives. I applied to positions online and was contacted for a phone interview. First I spoke with a HR representative followed by a second phone interview with an engineering manager. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview as I was a finalist in the selection process. I met with the engineers and managers in person totaling approximately 4 hours. It included a group interview as well as a few 1:1 interviews. It also included an interesting tour of their facility.

Overall they were very nice and professional it was a good experience and I was glad to have had the opportunity though I did not receive an offer. They are looking for candidates who express a high level of self motivation.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous experiences and my own personal traits and abilities. Nothing earth shattering.   Answer Question

Aerospace Casting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Precision Castparts in October 2015.

Interview

Had an on campus interview. The interview was very conversational and felt very relaxed, like they just wanted to get to know you. Most of the questions were theoretical behavioral questions. After each question, they would sort of explain why that question mattered to their company.