Pret A Manger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.1

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied March 27, 2017 and got called for an interview on March 28, 2017 for a one on one interview and I was very scared not knowing the questions that would be asked so I did a quick briefing on the company before I headed to HR located at the back of the store.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY).

Interview

Smile a lot and try to crack a joke or two. Hiring process (including applying) took about four days. Was called in for an interview at the recruitment center in NYC. Everyone was very nice & knowledgeable. I was interviewed by a recruitment manager and, the interview went well, so I was then sent to another location the next day for a 2nd interview. This is standard procedure, don't freak out. I ended up meeting with two separate managers that next day and, after discussion, they decided to give me the job. Usually they'll have you shadow an employee before making the decision to hire but in rare cases they'll make the decision without that.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years, Why did you choose this company, What skills will help you most at this job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

showed up at the recruitment center filled out application, went to shop for gm interview. spent 30mins wit other team members talking about the role then interview with Manger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I went in to the recruitment office. I had people get interviewed before me that had no appointment. I guess they over looked my name and the fact that I sat in front of them for an hour. There was a second interview, where I met with the manager of where I could be working, it was like a shadow day and they basically want you to work for free. They rely on the employees to say whether you should be hired or not, which is very very dumb for many reasons..so it's like your being interviewed by the employees too. the manager could of cared less that I was there, she never ask for my resume and even when I asked her did she want it she gave no answer, I should have left then.She was so awkward during the interview with her laughing after I responded to questions. Not sure why I wasn't hired, waste of my time; I should have kept my first mind and not have went. A few employees look like they didn't want to be there. And i didn't know plastic bag soup classified as natural.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work at Pret? How did you find out about Pret? What experience do you have? Why do you think you would be a good fit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Started with an interview at the recruitment center. That part of the interview went great. I was told that they wanted me to start shadowing team members immediately so they sent me to another store. I was shadowing 3 people. The first woman was great, upbeat and provided me with a lot of info on her job. She even quizzed me at the end! The other 2 had very little to say, even when i asked questions. It was also pretty uncomfortable being in the kitchen where everyone was speaking Spanish amongst themselves. The girl i was shadowing in the kitchen wasnt really interested in me being there but socializing with everyone else. After that i was called into the office and was told that I would not be getting the job after they talked with the other employees. Not exactly sure why I didnt get the job or what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will fit at Pret? Where do you see yourself in 2 years   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY).

Interview

I went on 2 interviews one being a shop day. It was fairly easy and positive. I was the only one to arrive in a suit which made a great impression and immediately put me in their top 3. They noticed the good and the prepared which is great.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pret?   1 Answer
    • Do you like to work with a team or alone and why?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was easy, I love was nervous because this is my first job but who ever applied for pret a manager I would say take a deep breath because you got this

Interview Questions

• What happen if your boss yells at you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

One on one interview at the hiring center pretty easy and straight forward they looking for bubbly outgoing personality for Front of house they love you hear they your open to change

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Spending 15 minutes with each position to get a feel for how the business is run. You spend some time in their half-service kitchen, as well as in their storefront shop. Each 'key role'; Leaders, Baristas, Hot Chefs, Trainers, go over their job descriptions and teach you their role within the business in relation to management and the rest of their team. Afterwards you spend some time with management, going over their role and job description before you sit down with the General Manager and Operations Manager for a sit-down interview.

Interview Questions

• What trait do you think would be most beneficial to the business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (Boston, MA).

Interview

Two interviews: A one on one with a manager, then you have what they call "shop interview" where you talk to the employees in the store and get a feel of the work.

I don't understand what happened in MY case because I got offered the job then was told by manager to apply to a different location because of my "availability" and had to go through some type of interrogation with the other manager and didnt get the job. Never applying here again. The other workers were cool though.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pret?   1 Answer