Pret A Manger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

There is alot to learn when you go for the orientation process.
    Everyone is friendly and felt like a family.
    The application process was fast and online. Basic questions that are asked on most online applications. You can only apply to one store at a time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a horrible day at work and what did you do.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

It was pretty good very simple not hard at all just lil nervous very nice guy wasnt interviewed by woman nice place and its like 6 people being interviewed at the same time

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I received an email from Pret asking me to come into the recruitment center for an interview . The wait is kind of long because there's usually a lot of people in there but it was worth it. The recruiter was very kind and interactive. After being asked 5 questions I recieved a referral slip asking me to go into a Pret shop for a second interview and to shadow the following day. The team evaluated me after 2 hours of shadowing , and decided that I would be a good fit in their store.

Interview Questions

• What Made you apply to Pret a Manger , and what can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I felt the interview went smoothly. I was asked five questions. The typical ones employers ask. The hiring manager even said in my rejection letter I interviewed well. I guess cause I have no food service experience and that my availability wasn't open was the reason I didn't get the job.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied March 27, 2017 and got called for an interview on March 28, 2017 for a one on one interview and I was very scared not knowing the questions that would be asked so I did a quick briefing on the company before I headed to HR located at the back of the store.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional weaknesses   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY).

Interview

Smile a lot and try to crack a joke or two. Hiring process (including applying) took about four days. Was called in for an interview at the recruitment center in NYC. Everyone was very nice & knowledgeable. I was interviewed by a recruitment manager and, the interview went well, so I was then sent to another location the next day for a 2nd interview. This is standard procedure, don't freak out. I ended up meeting with two separate managers that next day and, after discussion, they decided to give me the job. Usually they'll have you shadow an employee before making the decision to hire but in rare cases they'll make the decision without that.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years, Why did you choose this company, What skills will help you most at this job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

showed up at the recruitment center filled out application, went to shop for gm interview. spent 30mins wit other team members talking about the role then interview with Manger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I went in to the recruitment office. I had people get interviewed before me that had no appointment. I guess they over looked my name and the fact that I sat in front of them for an hour. There was a second interview, where I met with the manager of where I could be working, it was like a shadow day and they basically want you to work for free. They rely on the employees to say whether you should be hired or not, which is very very dumb for many reasons..so it's like your being interviewed by the employees too. the manager could of cared less that I was there, she never ask for my resume and even when I asked her did she want it she gave no answer, I should have left then.She was so awkward during the interview with her laughing after I responded to questions. Not sure why I wasn't hired, waste of my time; I should have kept my first mind and not have went. A few employees look like they didn't want to be there. And i didn't know plastic bag soup classified as natural.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work at Pret? How did you find out about Pret? What experience do you have? Why do you think you would be a good fit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Started with an interview at the recruitment center. That part of the interview went great. I was told that they wanted me to start shadowing team members immediately so they sent me to another store. I was shadowing 3 people. The first woman was great, upbeat and provided me with a lot of info on her job. She even quizzed me at the end! The other 2 had very little to say, even when i asked questions. It was also pretty uncomfortable being in the kitchen where everyone was speaking Spanish amongst themselves. The girl i was shadowing in the kitchen wasnt really interested in me being there but socializing with everyone else. After that i was called into the office and was told that I would not be getting the job after they talked with the other employees. Not exactly sure why I didnt get the job or what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will fit at Pret? Where do you see yourself in 2 years   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pret A Manger (New York, NY).

Interview

I went on 2 interviews one being a shop day. It was fairly easy and positive. I was the only one to arrive in a suit which made a great impression and immediately put me in their top 3. They noticed the good and the prepared which is great.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pret?   1 Answer
    • Do you like to work with a team or alone and why?   1 Answer