Product Madness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

3.4

Heart of Vegas Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Product Madness (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It is a nicely done product, so the phone screen interview went well followed by a take-home test (which I mostly found a bit amusing, but okay, I get it, hiring is competitive these days). The in office interview however progressed nearly identical to the office manager's review, which frankly was a bit obnoxious since I had already completed a test which was quite similar at home a few weeks prior. I knew they were not really interested in hiring me, but interested in solving some real issues they were likely having when they started drilling me, and taking lots of notes. I never was asked anything about what I had done in my career previously, my achievements prior or even any questions about previous roles nor anything at all about my background, which was another clue they were not seriously interviewing me. Their in-person in office testing was also lacking most of the data to give anything more than a creative quess, and required more time to complete than the take home quiz.

Interview Questions

• Figure out what was happening with their in-game coin inflation, and how would I fix it.   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Had a very thorough phone interview with a lady who seemed like she hated life. They brought me in for an onsite interview which I was skeptical about but I went anyway. It consisted of a series of tests and the entire thing took about 3 hours to complete. 3 HOURS!!! I had to reword an email, create a PowerPoint presentation and create an excel sheet. If I'm applying for an engineer position then I can understand this. But for an office manager position, this is a joke. A monkey can do this job. Then the girl interviewing me was pretty condescending of my answers and was overall very unpleasant. I never even heard back from them. A simple email declining me would've been nice. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Reword this email. Create a PowerPoint, create a spreadsheet, tell me about your Past experiences etc   Answer Question

Senior Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Product Madness (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The attitude was really great from everyone that interviewed me- they informed me about what to expect in the company and the questions were well structured and to the point. All together the interview felt more like a friendly conversation with both sides really interested into finding more about each other.

Head of Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Product Madness (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Recruiter review. Review of CV and relevancy to job.

2. Skype Interview with Team Member. Was asked to explain some technical aspects of my CV. Very friendly and open discussion. Gave a solid and very good impression of company, people and culture.

3. Online coding Test : SQL and an algorithm problem that requires coding to solve. Straightforward test - to pass you need to be able to code. I was surprised that there was no data science here. In many ways a generic coding test. [I passed with flying colours]

4. On site interview with Head of the group [who was soon to leave] and a different team member present. The first half of this took the form of a case study. You were given a scenario and they asked some unstructured questions around the scenario. They explored this with follow-ups. Sometimes the questions were ambiguous and even correct answers did not necessarily receive feedback. It wasn't always clear where they wanted to go with the questioning. The second part was something of a whiteboard interview and was I asked a SQL related question. The slight failure to provide feedback and provide clarity in the questioning helped me freeze on the whiteboard. Nevertheless, the group member was extremely friendly and again gave a good impression of the company. At the end I had a minor conversation about some of the non-database things that I worked on, but the company was largely unfamiliar with these technical topics.

There were no general Data Science questions, management related questions nor was there an investigation of my background in these areas.

One very important thing that I gathered from the entire process is that the group is primarily a Database analyst + dashboards group. It makes sense that the person hired can code and is competent in SQL. It is unclear that the group needs more generally highly knowledgeable data scientists. It was not obvious to me that coming here would have enhanced my skills in these areas.

I received no feedback at the end.

Development Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Product Madness (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview obtained through an agency. Multistage interview, first a high level one with a more junior staff member at their premises. Second stage was more in depth with two directors, also at their premises. I guess chatting to the recruiter initially was part of the process, too, to ensure suitability.

Interview Questions

• In what circumstances would MongoDB be an unsuitable back end?   Answer Question