Protective Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 18, 2016

2.6

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Protective Life (Birmingham, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Complete waste of time. I had 5 different phone conversations before being flown into Birmingham, AL for the face-to-face interviews with 6 different individuals. Was told a few days later the feedback was positive and would be contacted on a Friday with an update. Friday came and went with no contact so I had to reach out to the recruiter two days later who sent me a canned email in another two days that was a thanks but no thanks response. SMH! They were too cheap to go with an external candidate who could actually do the job at hand. Ridiculous…

Interview Questions

• STAR questions of typical process.   1 Answer

Interview

Contacted by HR, who set up phone interview. Phone interview with manager and team member was great. Onsite interview set up by HR. Interview was with a panel. People were friendly, yet professional and the campus excellent. Contacted a few weeks later with job offer by HR.

Intern Interview

Interview

Had an interview on campus and then an in person interview. The interviews were not bad. He was a friendly guy who interviewed me. Some other people had to also go through a phone interview but I did not.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protective Life (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and went in for an interview the next week. I interviewed with 5 different managers and reviewed my resume. Finally I got a brief tour of the office. I received an offer about a week and a half later. It was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd make a good member of our team?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protective Life (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The process began with an initial phone interview with HR. After that, I came in for an in-person interview with the department I would be working in. Overall, the experience was very positive.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Protective Life (Birmingham, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job and within 2 weeks I had a phone interview. A week later I got a call for an in person interview. I interviewed with 2 managers.

Account Transfer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Protective Life (Birmingham, AL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process was held in multiple stages on the same day. The first session was with a operations analyst who described to me the responsibilities and function of the job. I could also freely ask any questions at the time. It seemed more of a conversation than a formal interview. The second session was with two other account transfer specialists who were veterans of the department. This was the bread and butter of the interview process where typical questions were asked of me (background experience, knowledge of industry, work ethic, strengths, weaknesses). No curve balls were thrown. I was then told I would be contacted shortly and that my offer would be determined based on a voting system between everyone who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What are three strengths? What are three weaknesses? Can you tell me about a time you faced an upset client or customer?   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Protective Life (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Had a 20 min phone screening first. Then around a month later they gave me an on site interview. For the phone screening it was just simple housekeeping questions. Then for the on site interview they really wanted to find out more about me and my experiences. They also required me to take an aptitude test at the end. Entire interview lasted around 2 hours. It was a really good experience.

Interview Questions

• Not too bad of an interview, they just went through my entire resume and asked questions about each section.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Protective Life (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Had 1 interview total - did have a phone screening first - but overall it was average interview. Did dressed business casual. Highly recommend business casual at every interview - but the work environment is very casual.

Interview Questions

• Very easy - asked basic interview questions - tell me about a time you... how would you handle...   1 Answer

Negotiation

None - they stated a salary - take it or leave it.

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

I had one interview on the phone since I lived in Ohio at the time. Then I flew in for a face to face interview. Met with a potential co-worker and potential boss. Nothing unusual.