Pythian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Pythian Interview Questions

Interviews at Pythian

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pythian.

Interview

Two years ago, after numerous calls and skypes with the team at Pythian, the hiring mgr flew to my city, where he and I spent several hours meeting at his hotel. At the end of that time he stood up, shook my hand, and extended me a job offer. A few days went by with nothing from HR in writing (which he had told me would come asap) and then finally I was sent a generic 'decided not to move forward' form letter from HR. Whatever occurred there after he asked me to come on board -- which couldn't have had anything to do with me -- they didn't even have the professionalism to even try to explain.

Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pythian in August 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward with good feedback along the way. Good mix of technical and company fit questions. They were very helpful with answering questions about the job responsibilities. Unfortunately there were some internal changes and the position became unavailable.

Interview Questions

• A range of technical questions regarding experience and technical ability.   Answer Question

Pythian Response

Jun 20, 2018 – Global Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that your interviewing experience was positive! Please note that we will be more than glad to take you into consideration for future... More

Oracle Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pythian.

Interview

Got initial introduction from recruiter mail asking to complete technical test.
    Technical test was itself 4 question form for various Oracle database questions.

The level of questions was average. The other point was that written English in those questions was poor, with low punctuation and sentence quality.

Technical questions are mostly open ended.

Interview Questions

• Write optimal MERGE of source and target tables in PL/SQL and measure block gets with tkprof   Answer Question

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pythian (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

First you have a HR call then a written test to do (some questions about some scenarios that can happen in a DBA life), then a technical interview and then an interview with the team manager you would go in. You may then get an offer.
    The technical interview is too hard compared to the job you will have to do.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pythian (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1) Application sent; 2) HR sent some questions about Linux, Windows and VMware; 3) HR calling; 4) Interview in person with technical team and hiring manager 5) Job Offer & background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe scenarios about load balancing, monitoring systems, project management tools. How would you guide your career from now on.. etc.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pythian in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter while working at another local company. Had a phone interview, an interview with the VP of Sales and a third with the CEO. The recruiter who called me in was active in all interviews, I was made to feel comfortable and asked sophisticated and intelligent, but fair questions throughout, on my previous experience, current knowledge base and ability to acclimatize myself to new technology and information.

Interview Questions

• If you were hiring for this team what qualities would you look for in your employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave a range above what I was currently making and was granted somewhere in the middle.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

Interview

Found the job opportunity on LinkedIn, which led me to apply on the company website. Was contacted a couple of weeks later for a phone interview with an HR Manager.

Then scheduled a phone/webcam interview with the HR Manager and Sales Director about a week later.

Then had a lunch interview with the CEO and VP of Sales about a week later (it was getting real!)

Was offered the job less than a week later!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I provided a range, and they met me right in the middle.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pythian.

Interview

I was recommended for the position by a Pythian employee, and was asked to do a phone interview. The interview was quite straightforward. I was asked about some previous projects I worked on, and some questions that showed how I fit into the technical culture. Because of the recommendation, and my public portfolio of work, I wasn't asked to do any coding during the interview, which surprised me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You should ask about how much autonomy you can realistically expect on a day-to-day basis. If you require high amounts of autonomy, Pythian may not be the right place for you.

Pythian is unfortunately not able to consistently hire top-notch employees, so if you want to work with people smarter than you are, you should consider critically how difficult you found the interview process, and what that might mean for the calibre of your peers if you accept an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pythian (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter and a manager in one of the Indian branches of the company. Typical questions for a PM job, nothing technical. The manager expected certain answers and if they were not to his liking he would give you feedback. They were looking to hire a man, not sure why they called me.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pythian (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was first approached by HR. My first interview was done by recruiter. Then I interviewed by team lead and director through Skype. No face to face interview at that time, but I've heard that they had some meetings with other candidates. For unknown reasons, the acceptance ratio is very low. I think they are picky especially on behavioral part. They are also trying not to hire overqualified candidates.