Quidsi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

3.1

Buying Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairview, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Quidsi (Fairview, NJ).

Interview

It was a very quick process. My resume was submitted through an agency. I was offered telephonic interview the next day and by evening they set up a face to face interview in 2 days and they gave out the decision in the next two days.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quidsi.

Interview

The recruiter asked me softball questions and but it was clear she wasn't listening to what I was saying. She also had a bunch of surprise technical questions that she was going to ask that she didn't tell me ahead of time. She also had no technical ability so I couldn't ask questions when something wasn't clear.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I had 3 interviews. Phone interview and 2 in person. It was just your reg interview questins. Nothing out of the ordinary. Your 3rd interview would be a group setting.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us of a situation at a previous job where you had to make a decision without a supvrs help and you had a positive outcome?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quidsi.

Interview

I applied for a Product Manager position and about 6 weeks later I received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone screen for an Associate Director of Product Management position. I saw that it had the same job ID but the title changed. A little odd, but I had to go for it, right?

So I replied and the day we were to talk I received another email saying that due to a "glitch in the system," the first email was sent in error, he'd received an overwhelming response and is sorry for the inconvenience. Yes, it was very inconvenient as I had to make arrangements to be free to talk. But it was also humiliating.

I understand that to respond to large pools of applicants, form letters are sometimes necessary. But this was handled without a shred of respect for the potential candidates.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial Phone screen. If you pass/they like you, then marathon on-site interview. I was in a comfortable room; interviewers came to me. Very punctual folks! People were polite.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you exceeded expectations. Tell me a time when you said no to someone. A lot of "situational" type questions. "Tell me about a time..."   1 Answer

( Senior ) Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Was reached out to by their corporate/in house recruiter. (Nice guy.)
    2. Pre-Screen via that same person.
    3. Submitted for the role.
    4. Was reached back out to 10 calendar days later to set up an onsite interview.
    5. Albeit I was out of the country for 2 weeks and had to reschedule the first time it was set up since scheduling took forever, (and I have a pretty strong suspicion that it wasn't the coordinator who was working with me to set up the interview at fault, her ability to execute is dependent on members of the interview panel getting back to her on whether or not they can do the interview), the actual onsite didn't end up being scheduled till 30 calendar days after the Pre-Screen w/their in house recruiter.
    6. The in house recruiter was kind enough to prep me for the meeting.
    7. The onsite consisted of 6 rounds for roughly 45 minutes each. 6 live one-on-ones with members of the recruiting team and some of their clients (the clients (there were 2 folks who tagged teamed me) weren't from the client group this role would support. (I was given a heads up about that that in the interview process they inject folks who are going to assess whether or not someone can raise the bar of the existing employee base regardless of whether or not they themselves have an understanding of what this person they are interviewing would be coming on to do for the company and if they do have an understanding it's typically the tip of the iceberg knowledge so to say.) One portion of the 1-on-1s had some role play. (Which was actually fun.)

The interviews consisted of scripted questions which were read word for word during the interview. And notes are taken as well so most times the Interviewers heads are buried in their laptops.

The questions asked were looking to extract previous work experience (fair and valid).

8. The next day I had another 45 minute chat w/the in house recruiter since he was supposed be part of the live panel from the previous day but was ooo due to a medical procedure he was recovering from. The call went meh! to be honest. I was frankly tired of the menchincal nature of the interviewing.

The overall interview in my personal and professional opinion (since I am a recruiter myself) is soulless since there was no time to build rapport given that the entire series of interviews were just questions and answers and by the time I had a chance to speak and feel out my interrogators (it was essentially an interragation) to see what if any chemistry there was (and that's critical on a team) time ran out and I was passed on to the next person.

The best part of the interview was the lunch w/their Recruiting Coordinator. (And the role play.) Loved the quesadilla's she recommended from the food truck we went to.

9. I had to solicit feedback (which I am cool with) and basically got an e-mail saying I wasn't a fit for the role (totally cool).

What irks me is the fact that they reached out to me, took over a month to set things up and wasted 6 hours of my time to send me an e-mail about how I wasn't a fit. I am cool with not being a fit but if after a month worth of communication all you can provide me is an e-mail as a way to let me down I think that's a horrible practice.

I even told the recruiter in on of my answers that at our company whether someone is a passive candidate or an active candidate if we've spent hours on end in exploring their candidacy and are going to decline them we do it right. We set up a time to chat and explain to them our desicion.

Our candidates are essentially our clients but obviously Quidsi's HR org doesn't think this is the case. Which is sad. And frankly knowing this now understand why outside of it's relationship w/Amazon it doesn't have any brand presence. Additionally one of their key founders left the company to go launch Jet.com .

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 people. The interviewing style is more of a conversational interview and gave off a comforting vibe. One of the interviewers questions weren't very clear. They take down notes while you're speaking which was a first for me and may have made me a bit nervous. They also asked about my current role and want detailed past experiences.

Interview Questions

• How have you used data to make a decision?   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Excellent interview process, I went thru 3 rounds. The type of knowledge they want is pretty impressive. Basically more on analytical process and yes code complexity was the main focus. I have never been interviewed in such a way and never been asked about code complexity. Not sure if I am selected or not but I can say I liked the interview process. Very systematic and very nicely done. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    The company looks great, I guess no restrictions on your attire. What you feel is good for you, you can wear it. Cool culture, cool environment. No wonder Amazon has taken over it. Look forward to work with them, if I get chance.

Interview Questions

• Basic analytical and theoretical questions, but do not expect regular interview questions.... :)   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. The phone call interview was, mostly, to go over my background. The onsite interview was broken into 5 interviews with a break in the middle for lunch. One of the five interviews was a coding exercise, another one was a high level design, other two were 100% behavioral and one was 50% high level design and 50% behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was professional. It was flexible so I had time to prepare for the interview. The recruiter response fast and the team was able to answer all my questions about the role.
    After one round of coding phone interview, I was invited to on-site interview. There were 5 rounds of 1 :1 interviews. 1 round of coding, 1 round of system design and 3 rounds with managers. Besides coding questions, many behavior questions are asked during the interviews with managers as they are looking for a team player.
    It is really fast pace startup environment. It has great support from Amazon and also exciting culture.
    Really enjoyed the whole process.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not difficult. More behavior questions are expected to make sure you are a team player.   Answer Question