Quidsi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Quidsi

3.1

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Involved interview process involving take-home assignments that you present to senior management. On the plus side, you get to meet senior management in the process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how you would think about pricing and why would you do it that way.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. The phone call interview was, mostly, to go over my background. The onsite interview was broken into 5 interviews with a break in the middle for lunch. One of the five interviews was a coding exercise, another one was a high level design, other two were 100% behavioral and one was 50% high level design and 50% behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There are four rounds of the interview. Each round lasts 45 mins. The first round only has behavioral questions. The remaining 3 rounds are tech interviews and each round has two questions and lasts 45 mins. There is one OO design question in round2.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was professional. It was flexible so I had time to prepare for the interview. The recruiter response fast and the team was able to answer all my questions about the role.
    After one round of coding phone interview, I was invited to on-site interview. There were 5 rounds of 1 :1 interviews. 1 round of coding, 1 round of system design and 3 rounds with managers. Besides coding questions, many behavior questions are asked during the interviews with managers as they are looking for a team player.
    It is really fast pace startup environment. It has great support from Amazon and also exciting culture.
    Really enjoyed the whole process.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not difficult. More behavior questions are expected to make sure you are a team player.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quidsi.

Interview

The recruiter asked me softball questions and but it was clear she wasn't listening to what I was saying. She also had a bunch of surprise technical questions that she was going to ask that she didn't tell me ahead of time. She also had no technical ability so I couldn't ask questions when something wasn't clear.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Excellent interview process, I went thru 3 rounds. The type of knowledge they want is pretty impressive. Basically more on analytical process and yes code complexity was the main focus. I have never been interviewed in such a way and never been asked about code complexity. Not sure if I am selected or not but I can say I liked the interview process. Very systematic and very nicely done. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    The company looks great, I guess no restrictions on your attire. What you feel is good for you, you can wear it. Cool culture, cool environment. No wonder Amazon has taken over it. Look forward to work with them, if I get chance.

Interview Questions

• Basic analytical and theoretical questions, but do not expect regular interview questions.... :)   Answer Question

IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

HR was very slow in getting back to me in setting up an interview. Took more than a month from the time I submitted my resume to the time I actually got a callback. Once the interview process got rolling though, it was quick and I received an offer within the week.

Interview Questions

• technical interview related to systems and general design, no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

1. First round was a 45-minute phone interview, going over the company and job responsibilities, then my skillset, work process.
    2. Then they brought me in to their Jersey City offices to do an in-person interview that lasted about 2 hours, where I was asked to present my work and then gave me an on-the-spot UI test on an existing e-comm site.
    3. Then they gave me an assignment to do, to redesign one of their pages. I spent a decent 8-hours doing comp research and then creating a PDF presentation to send to them.
    4. Then they email to say they would like to bring me in yet again to present the assignment for them.

Unfortunately, from there it devolved into a very disorganized affair. I tried to set up a time to come in to do this 3rd round, and never heard back. For the next few months it was a series of random correspondences from their HR about how they wanted to bring me back in, how they liked me, would I take a contract position over full-time for the time being, etc etc. Basically I was strung along with no real explanation, until finally HR informs me that they've decided I would not suit their team after all. What I don't understand is why could they not have exercised some professional courtesy to tell me sooner than to string me along for so long, after I've spent a good chunk of time from my current job and my new baby to work on preparing for these interviews. It is incredibly unprofessional and has left a terrible impression of the company, ESPECIALLY since I am their target audience (urban mom) and customer (not anymore) . Now I have no interested in recommending their services to my peers.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quidsi in January 2013.

Interview

Extensive. There were five phone interviews and five onsite interviews. The process took about two weeks. Some, but not all, of the interviewers did both the phone and onsite interviews. Some of the interviews had to be rescheduled. Interestingly, some of the people I interviewed with I never worked with. The HR department was very organized, and the schedule was well managed.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work quickly. Work on online brands. Work with Ecommerce. No crazy "why are manhole covers round?" questions.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quidsi (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial Phone screen. If you pass/they like you, then marathon on-site interview. I was in a comfortable room; interviewers came to me. Very punctual folks! People were polite.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you exceeded expectations. Tell me a time when you said no to someone. A lot of "situational" type questions. "Tell me about a time..."   1 Answer