Radian Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Radian Group

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radian Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

There were 1 round phone interview and 1 round in person. It took 2 weeks. The in person interview happened one week after phone interview. Respond quickly. The interview is not difficult. Overall experience was good.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Radian Group.

Interview

phone call within 1 week apllied online. face to face on sight interview.
    nice culture.positive environment to work for.
    got offer letter very next day.
    Accepted offer.
    Good growth.Met with Project Manager to go over qualifications and strengths that I could bring to the team. Also went over the goals of the project team and what I could possibly be doing

Intern Interview

Interview

Invited for a Phone Screen a few weeks after applying. The conversation was rescheduled multiple times by the hiring manager and then this person called an hour late for the scheduled time. The entire time I felt like they already decided on a candidate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Radian Group (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I got the internship through a connection. Because of this, the hiring staff was very willing to work with me and get me set up and comfortable. The interview process did not really exist because of this connection and the way in which I was set up. Once I was on the phone for a quick screening, they essentially offered the job on the spot and within the week I was able to sign my acceptance.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Radian Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy interview with the UW manager over the phone, and a background check was done; criminal check, credit check, underwriting skills and guidelines test was administered. After that the job offer was made and training began...

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Radian Group in December 2012.

Interview

A test is given to complete and pass. If you pass they will proceed with interview and hiring. After hiring there is 1 month training online. You are interviewed by HR then the manager. There are two areas CUW and MI. CUW is still under construction. Needs alot of work.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. They do offer remote positions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Radian Group in June 2009.

Interview

When I was hired, it was only one interview. You begin in HR to get the background of the company and the position, then meet with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was being put on the spot with job related questions to ascertain my ability. I don't ususally expect this in an interview, but found it a good strategy on the part of management to guage a person's ability.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Radian Group (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

After a few phone screens, I was onsite one day and met with 6 team members including executive management. The recruitment team could not have made the process simpler. The environment was very welcoming and a learned much about the company, as well as its challenges. The level of transparency was important to me as I could make an informed decision about joining the team and my ability to be successful.

Interview Questions

• "Why should we hire you?" from a Sr. Exec. I say that because when I started to give a typical answer, she stopped me, looked me in the eye, and said "I don't want the pat answer, Why are you the one" - That has always stuck with me   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple as they collected my requirements during the process and came with their best offer first. Appreciated the honesty.

Senior Financial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Radian Group (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied for position of Sr Financial Analyst. First received call from HR and passed phone screen. Questions were HR style questions and low pressure. Invited to 1:1 with Manager and Director FP&A. Each interview lasted half hour. The questions were same as posted by another candidate that interviewed early. I was told at end of second interview that they had a guy coming in for the second round and couple more next week. The guys I interviewed with were good guys overall. The Director gave me heads up if I would go to next round what would happen. This I appreciated.
    Overall I left with a good impression but felt I was the back up in case the other guy did not work out.
    I sent my Thank you note and never heard back. I checked linkedin and the ad was removed and it looks like someone updated the profile for the open position. So I assume the position filled.
    Overall the company office were nice and people pleasant. The department organization seemed a little top heavy so probably movement does not happen unless someone leaves.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Radian Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed via phone by a member of the HR team. The phone interview questions were pretty basic regarding experience in finance as an analyst and related to some of the work the position required.

About a week after the phone interview I was schedule for an in-person interview in Philadelphia. It was to be with 3 individuals (another Sr Analyst, Manager and VP) but the day of the interview the Manager was unable to attent. I met first with the other analyst and reviewed my resume and discussed other topics as they were broguth up. I did okay but not great. The interview ended with a typical question about career goals, for which I gave a slightly ambitious answer (didn't want to come on too strong to someone in the same position as I would have). I was then told by him the reason he asked is that it was a small dept with not much room for advancement within the dept and that's why the person who resigned had left. This was kind of sad to hear but the honesty was nice.

Second interview was with the VP. He described the operating structure of the organization and drew it on the back of the copy or my resume he had. We ddin't end up talking much about my experience or resume as we referred back to org structure on the abck of my resume a few times. I think I should have pushed myself stronger on qualifications but it came off as one of these "see if I'm comfortable with this guy" type of interviews. Still nothing really bad occurred, pretty standard even if a little less formal thanI'd expect. he too closed his interview with me about the small dept size and the alck of upward mobility.

Last interview was with the same HR person I had met with initially. She mainly asked for my feedback on the process but also asked a few very direct questions about specific skills that neither of the people in the dept asked, which in hindsight seems odd. She definitely asked the most pointed questions relating to the actual job duties. To close I brought up that both the first 2 interviewers brought up how its small and not a lot of room to move up and seh concurred and said they were being honest with every candidate.

About 2 weeks later I received the call from the same HR rep that I hadn't gotten the position. It took a little while longer to hear back than I'd expected but I figure they made an offer and were waiting for the person to accept before getting back to me. The surprising thing was the HR person provided me feedback on my interview from the 2 other people who interviewed me which was unusual but VERY much appreciated (this almost never happens). The feedback mainly centered around how the interviews didn't really get into my resume and my strengths, which I pretty much agreed with.

All in all not a good nor bad experience. I wish I had interviewed better but I went with the flow of the interview instead of hammering my qualification down, my bad. However it by the time the interview was over it was a little hard to be excited for a job where the last person left due to years of no upward mobility and they were still presenting it as an issue to the potential replacements they were interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've worked on a cost/benefit analysis and describe what you did?   1 Answer
    • What are your career goals/ goals for this position?   1 Answer