Radian Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good Overall Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Radian Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company rewards initiative and has a good policy in place for training. Good 401k plan match. Great people! Couldn't ask for better coworkers; friendly and willing to offer help when needed. I actually liked my job and enjoyed going into the office.

Cons

Has developed a track record of "cleaning house" annually. Some departments seem to be targeted for downsizing on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Instead of choosing the same people to take on additional job duties and special assignments, offer the chance to anyone who exhibits willingness and welcomes the opportunity. Not only does doing the former leave important resources untapped, it is unfair to repeatedly give certain people the chance to demonstrate their abilities while ignoring the potential of others.

"Great place to work, overall with some average issues"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Radian Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall exceptional benefits and comp packages for valuable people (though, for some people who aren't valuable as well...). Also a great place for people who want more exposure to senior decision makers.

Cons

Management hasn't been doing an outstanding job lately and an overall C-suite desperation to deflect blame and bolster performance has fed a slowly growing divide between exec management and employees, including top performers. Loved the management team when I started here a few years ago but gotta say that the past year has left some great people putting feelers out to take their talents elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Focus on C-suite versus employee relationships: out of the box lines during town halls and employee calls don't actually cut it;it's 2016, not 1996 - this is a very important thing to consciously think about

Business-wise: DO BETTER: listen to your smart employees when they advise, listen to your customers more carefully. Again, it's 2016, not 1996, really gotta do business like that's the case.

3. "Underwriter"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Radian Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Some flexibility. Remote work available. Room for advancement.

Cons

Confusión on how to run a department. Cut hours due to no work. Performed two duties for the price of one. Supervisory staff needs training. Also supervisor pick and choose their favorites. They post jobs when people have already been in trainING for the position. Your chances of getting the promotion is zero.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive in your departments. Less experience staff is adding confusion resulting in resignation of current employees.

4. "Very well managed company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Radian Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of PTO, especially after 5 years. Great bonus plan. Great tuition assistance -- 100 percent. Great stock options and salary. Good Medical and Dental plan. Always doing nice things to employees, like "dog days of summer free lunch" with free raffles and very nice prizes....50 to 200 dollar gift certificates. Random rewards to the employees are common. Work from home programs, superior 401k (100 percent match up to 6 percent). Most important, great people, Great CEO and great President. They believe that their employees are an important asset of the company.

One of the best employers in Philadelphia!!!!

Cons

Can't think of a single 1. As someone mentioned in an earlier review, commute to the city can be challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You are doing great and we are proud of you. Especially proud of Radian's focus on diversity and also commitment to the city of Philadelphia.

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Haverford, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Haverford, PA

I have been working at Radian Group (More than 10 years)

Pros

People are great. Management is flexible and understanding. Plenty of opportunity to cross train.

Cons

Commute into the city can be difficult.

6. "Great Company"

Former Employee - IT Project/Purchasing Manager in Lansdowne, PA
    Former Employee - IT Project/Purchasing Manager in Lansdowne, PA

I worked at Radian Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, like one big family.

Cons

Mortgage company, the company is as good as the economy.

Advice to Management

Take chances on people with good track records, everyone does not have good credit.

7. "It's a nice company to make a little extra cash with on the weekends."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Radian Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pays well for what you do. Only on weekends so you always know your hours. Management is great.

Cons

Since work is only on weekends it kind of kills your weekends. Every week for 19 hours makes having fun with friends impossible.

8. "Best employer ever."

Former Employee - Mortgage Fraud Investigator in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Fraud Investigator in Phila, PA

I worked at Radian Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment was awesome. I worked with a great group of people including my supervisor and managers. I even left for another job opportunity, hated it there, and within 30 days called my supervisor at Radian and asked to come back. I was at my old desk the next day. Great place to work.

Cons

No challenges that I can remember. I only have fond memories of my time at Radian.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

9. "Positive experience"

Former Employee - Retail Sales & Marketing Associate in Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - Retail Sales & Marketing Associate in Bentonville, AR

I worked at Radian Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Above-average compensation for part-time weekend work in various stores throughout NW Arkansas. If Radian's contract was extended, I would have enjoyed remaining with the team. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with, and had strong work ethics. Interfacing with the public and the customers was fun and rewarding. It's definitely not a job for a wallflower!

Cons

Many of the store managers were challenging to work with, yet Radian Group members were stellar communicators. Communication between the Radian Team Leader and the Store Managers was inconsistent, which created some tension that wasn't always easily resolved.

Advice to Management

Carefully select Team Leaders to ensure that they're personable, professional, and able to properly train their Associates. Other than that, my experience with the company was very favorable.

10. "Good"

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Radian Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth oppertunity and good learning environment

Cons

compensation and communication fall short