Rainforest QA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rainforest QA

3.3

Strategy & Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rainforest QA (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Total elapsed time between application to hiring decision was five weeks (some of that was due to working around my travel schedule). Applied online, approximately ten days later, I received an email from recruiter to set up phone interview with hiring manager. Progressed to face-to-face one hour working session with hiring manager which then progressed to in-person half day with full team that included a homework assignment (took approximately two hours to complete). RFQA then checked references and I finally had a casual conversation with Fred the CEO. The process, for me, was very enjoyable and thorough. Additionally, Sarah and the whole team was very transparent around their goals, timelines and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What areas would you focus on for plan to double ARR?   Answer Question
    • How would you ensure that operations (systems, processes and tools) are working in unison with the overall strategy and vision of Rainforest QA?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you, in the past, have displayed our core values Always Be Caring, No BS and Be Weirdly Passionate at work?   Answer Question

Nov 20, 2018 – Head of Talent and Career Development

Thank you for your interview feedback. We are so happy you joined the Rainforest QA team, and that your experience through the recruiting process was positive and transparent!

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rainforest QA (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Staff Accountant position on their website on 11/14/2017. They got back to me the next business day (11/15) to schedule a phone interview with the Senior Accountant. The phone interview took place on 11/16. They just asked about your background, past experiences, and goals. On the same day after the phone interview, they sent me a take home assessment that needs to be completed within 2 business days, which I completed on 11/17.

On 11/19, they said they would like me to come for an Onsite Interview. They gave me the options to come on between 11/27-11/29. Note that this is right after Thanksgiving weekend, and I was still out of the country a week after Thanksgiving. Luckily, they were able to reschedule my interview to 12/5.

On 12/4, they emailed me in the morning to cancel my interview because this position has been filled. This is very unprofessional of them to cancel the interview at such short notice.

What's the point of scheduling a round of interviews if you're not going to fully evaluate all the candidates?

Interview Questions

Rainforest QA Response

Sep 21, 2018 – Head of Talent and Career Development

Thank you for your feedback. The Talent team here at Rainforest aims to provide a positive candidate experience, and we will take your comments into consideration. If you have any additional... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rainforest QA in April 2017.

Interview

I did not make it past the phone screen, so I'm not sure what happens after that. But the phone screen was about 20 minutes, was pretty casual. I wanted to note that the pay was only $17/hour for a software engineering internship in SF. This is far below the average pay for an internship of this nature.

Interview Questions

• What is one random fact about yourself?   Answer Question
    • General non-technical questions for the phone screen related to goals and your background   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interview

The company may seem to be good but the process for the interview of back office position hilarious.
    How can you have an office manager who does not have Accountant skills interview a person for that job?

Interview Questions

• There was very little that was related to the job, more of interpersonal. But cant expect those from an office manager.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rainforest QA.

Interview

Process was easy, and straightforward. Applied online around February, didn't hear from them until end of May.

1st- scheduled phone interview. 30 minutes. Non-technical questions, and logistics, etc.
    2nd- project, 4 days to complete.

Did not pass after that but I am assuming ing it would've been an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• What extracurricular activities are you involved in at school and outside of school?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rainforest QA (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had cold-emailed their CRO and after 2 follow-up emails, their SDR Manger set up a phone screen.

We had great synergy on the phone and invited me to grab coffee with him.

The coffee session was an opportunity for me to interview the company. He was candid and shared a lot of valuable info to make a data-driven assessment about the company's team, culture, product, and leadership.

During the on-site, I met with 5 of their sales team members. It's a healthy distribution as they test you for culture fit, skills & experience, and try to get to know you as much as possible in the 30 minutes.

Except one round where I was asked questions out of a list, the rest of it felt like a conversation.

The next step after on-site would have been to chat with the CRO but I was declined due to lack of experience and skills.

There may be lack of mentorship as the team (including leadership) is young. But the pay is solid!

Overall, I had a great experience getting to know their product, culture, and what makes their sales team tick.

Interview Questions

• - Tell us about a time you failed.
      - Walk us through your resume.
      - How do you like to work in a team?

The basic SDR interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rainforest QA (San Francisco, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week or two. I then received an email that Rainforest wanted to move forward which is when they scheduled and phone call with the hiring manager. After speaking with the hiring manager, I went onsite to meet with different members of the Rainforest team to see if I would be a good fit for the position and as a member of their team. The next step was reference checks and a phone call with the VP of Sales.

I felt appreciated and respected throughout the entire process. They were very professional.

Interview Questions

Rainforest QA Response

Aug 7, 2018 – Head of Talent and Career Development

Thank you for your interview feedback! We strive to give all candidates a good experience, so we're glad to hear yours was positive and you were guided through the process. Welcome to the RF team!... More

Engineer Interview

Interview

There will be a ruby puzzle, every easy, but I failed because I didn't write ruby for a long time

The question basic is: you find some repetition in an array.

You can choose any language, but dynamic language is better.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rainforest QA (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough, and the exercise took some time, however, as a recruiter I appreciate the diligence in wanting to find the "right" candidate, and they certainly make you work for it!
    Process:
    Application- 10 mins
    Phone Screen- 30 mins
    Sourcing Exercise- 2-3 hours
    Half Day Onsite- 3.5 hours
    Feedback- 20 mins- Initially was sent a rejection template, however, when I asked, the team was more than willing to actually get on the phone with me, and give me feedback that was candid, and truly helpful. I actually used that feedback later that same day, and was offered a position at a SAAS based startup, which was my goal from the start
    Best,

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite hiring manager?
      Tell me about a time you when above and beyond for a candidate?
      More behavioral based questions (lot's more)... Make sure to prepare   1 Answer

CSM Interview

Interview

Really great process- had a couple phone screens with different managers, onsites and then got offer. The recruiter communicated the process really well, and I was able to hear about updates right away.