Raising Cane's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.2

Fry Cook and Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Paper application at the construction office (since been moved to digital applications). I was called in for an in person interview with the GM of the new restaurant. A personality test was administered, and I was offered employment on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raising Cane's.

Interview

I was called in by the manager and we sat down for an interview. Everything seemed fine until he told me that he needed people to work late nights. I told him that it wasn't possible because I have school. After I told him that answer, the manager decided to close the interview and tell me that I wouldn't get hired, but he will keep my application in case he decides to call me again. UNTIL THEN, I WILL NOT APPLY FOR ANOTHER RAISING CANES IN IRVING OR ANYWHERE ELSE!

Anonymous Employee in Gonzales, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Gonzales, LA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was fast but he asked a lot of questions . About 25 questions and he paused me between everything I said . He was really nice but I didn’t seem like he listened to what I said, but also he complimented me on a lot.

Interview Questions

• What does team mean to you?   1 Answer
    • If you were the HIring manager what would you be looking for ?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Lubbock, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

All you do is sit at a table with the manager and answer all the questions they have and you can even ask questions you have for them. As long as you stay professional and have some answers ready for questions you think they might ask so you don't say "umm" a lot you will be good! Come about 10 minutes early to leave a first impression and the whole process takes about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Do you think you would be working behind or at the counter?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Cane's?   Answer Question
    • How much do you expect to be paid?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle high-stress situations? (e.g. when the restaurant is super busy and you have to keep up with orders and keeping the place clean)   1 Answer

Cashier/Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied to multiple locations throughout Houston. A couple of days later, I received an e-mail stating that one location was having a hiring event at a further away location. I was in need of a job, so I was willing to travel. Fortunately, the next day, I received a phone call from a nearby Cane's and was scheduled for an interview the next day.

The interview was very relaxed. The manager and I talked about my past work experience. He seemed impressed by my experience with Chipotle (my last job) and told me that he would send me an e-mail about a background check. A couple of hours later, I got the background check e-mail and sent out my information.

The next day, which is today, I received an e-mail about on-boarding and orientation. I start on Friday!

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Conroe, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on Glassdoor, and received a call about a week later scheduling an interview. The interview went ridiculously well & my interviewer was insanely positive. At the end of the interview, the manager came out to talk to me about my scheduling and salary. After that, I was offered the job. It was incredibly easy. I was told that there'd be a background check before I could attend orientation, which was next Wednesday. I never received a call confirming a time & date for orientation, so I thought the job offer had been retracted. A week later I received a call from them asking if I was still interested & that I hadn't finished my background check (Spoiler alert: I did) and had to go back. I requested another link since mine had expired & was sent all of my employee information because had seemed they had made a mistake with my background check. All of my information was okay & I completed my paperwork - I start this Wednesday (:

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raising Cane's in June 2017.

Interview

You would go in and you would wait for your turn while others interviewed with the manager. Then you would have to get up at your own time to be interviewed.

IT Infrastructure Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Had a phone interview. Interviewer seemed focused on having a college degree. She was very positive, but never returned my phone call after declining an in person interview. The interviewer also stated they only had one IT person for the corporate office.

Interview Questions

• They asked about current position responsibilities and college. They did not have a technical person doing the phone screen.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raising Cane's.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for an interview the next day. The interview went well and lasted over an hour. I was asked some questions relating to myself and what I would do in certain scenarios. I was offered a 2nd interview that will have a hands on part and a sit down session with the general manager. It was a positive experience but the opportunity probably isn't ideal for someone who possesses a college degree. The over qualifications seemed evident.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee showed up to the first day not wearing a belt? Then if they did it again the next day?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a good leader?   1 Answer

Kitchen Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called back two days after doing so. I was interviewed face-to-face, hired on the spot with the normal, "After background check is done, we'll call with orientation dates."

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for Cane's?   1 Answer