Raising Cane's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raising Cane's Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2018

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raising Cane's.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Interested in you as a person. Wondered about my major and interests. Asked about why I wanted to work at canes and what I could bring as a team member. The managers were very friendly and I had an interview as a group with me and 4 managers.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Apply online, get a confirmation email(!!), phone call to set up interview date, do the interview. I came in five minutes early and had to wait an hour because there were so many other people in line for interviews and only one manager and one hiring manager. While I was waiting an employee, very kindly, asked if I would like a cup for a drink while I wait. Once the hiring manager was ready we sat at a table in the restaurant and he was quite a funny guy and it was quite relaxed. After a little while the manager joined the interview and continued with the questions. After that they told me the next steps until my orientation on thursday!

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Tell you a background about Rasing Cane's Ask questions about being able to handle volume, employees and peer to peer feedback , make sure your energetic , talk about team work, leading , fairness , following direction and giving

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work various hours of the days, week , nights   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raising Cane's.

Interview

The interview was a basic "what would you do if" kinda interview. The interview was pretty informal, easy questions. They mostly look for positive attitudes and teachable people. This was a great job while I was in college.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit at Canes?   1 Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I sat down with the Area Director during one of the shifts I was managing (General Manager was managing while I was busy). It was like a normal conversation, as if he just wanted to get to know me and my career goals.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Broussard, LA).

Interview

Was very relaxed. Was called in for an interview the day after applying. Went in and just talked to the operations manager. Got a call back for the job within a few hours.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (North Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy was hired on the spot by basically just smiling. Th Gm seemed tired but he liked me a lot and told me I have potiential to advance. he emailed all my paperwork and I filled it out I start orientation on Friday at 9a.m. I’ll be working nights though but I’m ok with that since I live right around the corner

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about canes   1 Answer
    • Have I ever worked in a fast paced setting   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I saw the open position on LinkedIn and applied. Received an email stating that I was selected to take an assessment. Completed the assessment and crickets. Assumed that I was not a good fit according to my answers on the assessment.

Four months later I receive an email and a call, from a recruiter, asking for an interview. Was able to connect with him and was going to be in the area the next day. Said he would email me that next day to set up a time same day. Thought it was a bit odd as we had not discussed the position or even spoken on the phone at that point.

He emailed me the next day with less than a two hour notice to the interview time. No problem just again odd. Met at the coffee shop, as the location has not started construction. Showed up dressed for success, in a suit and tie. He was dressed casually in Cane's attire. He apologized for not letting me know about dress code for the interview. Very nice guy.

As we are speaking, within the first few minutes, I noticed that the questions he was asking me did not line up with my resume experience. So I asked him what position this interview was for. He stated it was for a Shift Supervisor. I have not been a line level supervisor in almost twenty years. I was shocked as I had not applied for this position. Needless to say waste of my time and energy.

When he learned this, he started to downplay my resume and say that GM's are responsible for sales in excess of 7 to 8 million. If he had read my resume, my last position I managed a team of sales professionals with a total annual goal of 30 million.

I was really excited about the possibility of working with Cane's. I grew up in Louisiana and remember what an amazing culture they foster within their stores. I wanted to be apart of that. I wished the recruiter would have been upfront about the position.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Lincoln, NE) in November 2017.

Interview

It was very positive, they were very quick and willing to work with my schedule. (I am not from the area that I had to interview at as well as I had an unplanned surgery that caused me to reschedule the second interview.) Everyone was very positive and professional.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raising Cane's (Amarillo, TX).

Interview

Had to complete a 2 hour working interview at a different location than the one I was working at. Afterwards, the Area Director called me saying that the GM at that location left positive feedback and that he would love to offer me the full time manager experience opening up. Over all I wanna say the hiring process took a week to find out than I started training a week or two weeks later after my background check came in.