Randstad US Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Randstad US Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2018

2.4

Agent Interview

Interview

Hiring and interview process was good, recruiters are quite accommodating and very clear with information and expectations. They start you with over the phone interview and then invite to a face to face interview if you are successful.

Negotiation

Good.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Randstad US (Winston-Salem, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by Randstad regarding my resume on Monster via email and set an appointment for a phone interview. I had a call with the Area Vice President first and we set up another phone interview to speak with the branch manager. I had 2 interviews face to face with the branch manager then an interview with the Are Vice President. 1 final interview with the branch manager and I was made a contingent offer. The last interview was more of a congrats and get to know you with the Regional Vice President. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you were given multiple tasks. Explain, how you prioritized the tasks to complete them effectively.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you and a manager did not get along and how you handled the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very open and easy. Definitely ask a lot of questions and get to know what the company and culture is like as much as possible. They have some evaluations that can be quite difficult. Be sure to be on top of your game and ready to answer tough questions and solve problems witht he assessments. Do not take the process lightly or you probably will not be back. Be and A-type personality.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randstad US in July 2014.

Interview

Thorough review of past experience and knowledge of wind turbine projects.. Review of Construction projects and how they relate to the project being consitered. The rate of subsistance and per diem for this project.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Wixom, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

The account lead met with me on my time and in my area. She really made me feel welcome and that she was actually interested in what I was looking for in terms of work. She has also kept me up to date on any other positions she thinks I might be interested in.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Randstad US (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Internal recruiter calls on you and then proceeds to critique you and your skills, background and accomplishments in a way that comes across very arrogantly. The recruiter repeats often that Randstad is the "big dog" or something like that and that they can pretty much do whatever they want when it comes to hiring. They basically do a "take away" on you and tell you mostly why you wouldn't "fit" there based on non-empirical opinion and anecdote. The position I was considering was vacating by someone that had broken "policy" of some kind and then the recruiter pointed out that the company was all about employees following policy.

The next big problem is the reliance on personality profile testing for selection which, if anyone has ever had a course in organizational behavior or similar, would know that such tests have only a slightly better than 50% chance of predicting future employee performance. Still, this company makes hiring decisions based on them which is something that there own vendors tell them not to do.

So, if you really want to work for Randstad, you need to be a compliant, passive, easily controlled and conforming individual. If you are entrepreneurial or an independent self starter of any sort, you'll be frustrated and unchallenged.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer did not ask difficult questions but instead instructed me on what was wrong with my career and life, basically. She also bashed her own company when it came to brief examples of the culture at Randstad.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Randstad US.

Interview

Randstad talked with me over the phone when they thought I would fill a role for one of their clients. They passed on my information and scheduled and in-person interview with the client.

Interview Questions

• Explain your how your experiences can relate to this position.   Answer Question

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (West Palm Beach, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Met with recruiter at site which was closer to my area and their client It was noisy and sometimes hard to hear. Typical interview.

Interview Questions

• She asked about specific metrics in terms of how they measure performance but we used different benchmarks for performance for my last position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randstad US (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The interview process for The Mergis Group consisted of an online resume submition followed by an interview with a recruiter to get a better feel of my career goals and professional strengths.

Interview Questions

• The initial interview with the Mergis Group was informational. The tough interviews come from the individual clients and contract positions available.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation as a new contractor

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Randstad US (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I met my interviewer at a job fair that they held. They did a quick pre-screening interview where they looked over my resume and asked some quick questions. I was then invited to schedule a formal interview a few days later.

The formal interview was a one on one with a case manager. There were no curveballs; everything was fairly straightforward. After we finished she told me when I could expect to hear back. Apparently they need time to check references and so forth and communicate the companies with current openings.

Once they got me matched up I was invited in for another interview with my now manager. Again - no curveballs, just a standard interview. They made an offer later that week which I accepted, and I had to sign approval for a background check and take a drug screen asap. I started work soon after.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Randstad US (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy interview you just go to the company you contract for and they explain what they want and you tell them you can do it. Or there is no interview the recruiter sends you the info and you just go from there. There really is not much of a interview process and if you are being interviewed very easy standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your excel skills?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, they tell you what the job pays up front