Randstad US Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Randstad US Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.4

DCO Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Randstad US.

Interview

Managers here have no formal leadership training, and therefore do not understand what traits they should be looking for to fill this role.

Their best performing staff largely have no IT backgrounds yet they keep asking about it like it's a real prerequisite.

Instead they should be interviewing/testing questions geared toward whether or not an individual is DETAIL ORIENTED. That is the most important trait and it's constantly lopped onto the interview questions.

They also hire individuals with zero previous work experience, have foul body odor, and have no work ethic nor understand workplace social norms. Anchors are then expected to train these indidcuals as if they're competent for the job / have any hope of being good at it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my IT / internet troubleshooting background. Was also told about the 12 hour shifts and "opportunity" for overtime.   Answer Question

Aug 15, 2017

First of all, I want to say WELCOME to Randstad! Second, I want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a thorough & honest Glassdoor review of your experience. We will pass your review on to... More

Recuriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Randstad US.

Interview

Great interview process where they review the position and then go through your skills and qualifications. They give you transparency into the level of work that goes in, but the reward that comes with it as well!

Interview Questions

• Why do I feel I would be successful as a Recruiter?   1 Answer

Jun 25, 2017

Thanks for sharing your review of Randstad on Glassdoor! We are thrilled you had a positive experience and would like to share our staffing hotline with you, in the event you want to check in on open... More

Talent Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process was a phone interview first and was followed by an in person meeting at a restaurant. The phone interview centered around my past experiences with the company and the in person meeting elaborated a bit more on the duties of the role and my ability to handle multiple equally urgent tasks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty typical for this type of role and a lot of them centered around my ability and willingness to handle multiple urgent tasks at one time.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Randstad US (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I knew a friend who worked at Fox so she called her HR rep and asked them what temp company they used. The Fox HR put me in contact with someone from Randstad. The recruiter was prompt in asking for my resume and then scheduling an interview with me. The interview was easy and the whole process only lasted a half hour. The experience was quite nice. The recruiter lined up an interview for me with a department at Fox. I am still in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked me about my background and why I left one position for the next.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randstad US in July 2017.

Interview

Telefon interview first , then in person interview. Both were behavioral questions. In the in person interview there was a 15 min task to answer questions about a situation . Facts about the situation with a customer and company policy were given. The questions were about how you would handle the situation.

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randstad US (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online through there career site. A week later received an email to meet face to face for an interview. Once done I was immediately given my drug testing info also I gave them a green light on checking my background & credit. After completing my drug I'm I was told to come in for orientation the following Monday. The process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you received criticism and you didn't agree with it. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

MSP Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randstad US (Providence, RI) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process moved quickly but was very tedious. Phone screening followed by 2 assessments (personality and aptitude). Next steps where a phone interview and then an in person interview. After the in person interview I was asked to take another personality and aptitude test. I can understand the purpose of the first set of assessments however, additional ones were over kill in my opinion. I am a recruiter and in my experience a skilled interviewer should know if someone is a good fit after initial assessments, phone interviews and an in person interview. I was eventually offered the position to which I declined due to salary requirements. When I declined my offer the recruiter became upset which I can understand to a certain degree. However, telling me that I would probably be let go from my current position within six months was unprofessional and rude. I had a decent experience up until that point.

Interview Questions

• How will your current skills and experience help you in this position?   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randstad US in June 2017.

Interview

Fill out application call for appointment then when you get there Watch a safety video and fill out paperwork then they figure out what position you would like abs what is available in the area

Interview Questions

Randstad US Response

Jun 25, 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience on Glassdoor! We are thrilled you are a part of the Randstad team and look forward to a long career journey together!

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US.

Interview

I would not recommend this organization. The interview process was unnecessary and tedious. Communication and follow-up was horrible! Why make candidates wait without giving them an update if a selection was made. Give candidates respect, especially with their time so that there is opportunity to seek other jobs. Very upsetting seeing as though Randstad is a respectable staffing agency with many divisions. Be advised that if you are going to interview with this organization let them know your time is valuable and should be treated as such, and you will not go through repeated interviews with them if they have no professional follow-up. Two weeks for no offer is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Randstad US Response

Jun 25, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We regret it was not a good one and would like to hear more insight as to how to make it better for our candidates. If you would like to call our staffing... More

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I was initially contacted through an email stating that she had seen my resume on a career site and would like to talk to me about a position that she thought I would be a good fit for so we set up a 30 minute phone interview. It went well she mostly asked about work history and asked questions that related to the skills one would need to be a recruiter (ex. Team oriented, interview experience, etc.). She then gave a lot of information about the company and why I should work there and then she followed up to set up a video interview with the team leads (would have been in person had I been in the area) which was 30 minutes (one of them didn't show up) and this time was mostly me asking questions and them asking what I knew about the company. After the video interview I was contacted again by the internal recruiter to set up and in person interview at the office I'd be working at which I agreed to drive to and interview. This one was mostly like the video interview with me asking them a lot of questions and them asking me why they should hire me and what I knew about the company. One of my questions for them was what did a normal day look like and then they had me job shadow for 30 more minutes. They then asked me to email a follow up of a short email with again the reasons they should choose me. Overall it was a pretty quick and well organized process for me. 3 weeks, 3 interviews, and 1 job offer. I'm very excited to start working here and hope it lasts a long time.