Randstad US Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Randstad US Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2018

2.4

IT Desktop Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Randstad US.

Interview

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring processShare your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process

Interview Questions

• If anybody of your company asks that his PC became slow.What you have to do first?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I was contacted from someone saying they had saw my resume, and felt I may be a good fit for the position. We had a brief conversation and scheduled a phone interview. Had about a 30 minute interview over the phone. I was told I would need to do some online evaluations. I looked them up prior to completing to make sure I understood them, and would perform well. They were different assessments, one of which was wonderlic, and done thru a site called proctor U. The first two went fine. However during the third one which was thru the proctor u site, how it works is there is a proctor that observes you doing the assessment over your webcam. My proctor disconnected during my assessment. I called the site after to make sure my results were processed. I few days later I am told that I scored unusually low. I explained about the technical issues. I was told they would look into ti and send me a new assessment, but never did. BE AWARE, the assessment they use from a poor site may have technical issues and cause you to have issues which will not be taken into account.

Jan 26, 2018

We deeply regret you experienced this. If you want HR to look into this, further, please email hrsupport@randstadusa.com so they can investigate what happened and possibly re-assess. Thank you for... More

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Randstad US.

Interview

This company was by far the most difficult I have ever interviewed with. I applied for an external position, I got called in and was then told about an internal position. Everything sounded great I was excited. I did the first in person interview and they liked everything I had to say. They then set up and interview with the area director. That interview went great I was still excited. I asked her when should I expect to hear something and she said if I didnt hear from her by the end of oct basically I didnt get the job. I was still confident that I would get a response. I called and email for follow up and once the end of the month came I gave up. About a month later I got a call from senior management in Georgia to scheduling an interview with someone else (the original person I interviewed with left but not without giving me a recommendation that was good) I inteeviewed over the phone and then went on to the interview in person. The interview went great everyone in the office was wonderful. The next day I emailed a thank you letter I got a reply saying it was great meeting me and she should get back to me on the tuesday. Tuesday came and went, I waited a week and then called. I then spoke to another recruiter who informed me that the person I interviewed with went on maternity leave ( how exciting vut what does that mean for me) she then said that if she didnt leave any info on your interview more than likely you didnt get it. I then decided to go above the recruiter head and reached out to the sr manager that contacted me and she said she will set up an interview with the current person inplace. This has been a 4 month process and I am still waiting. From what I have been told Ranstad is a wonderful company to work for but this process has left a bad taste in my mouth

Interview Questions

Randstad US Response

Jan 19, 2018

We truly regret that you experienced this. Please email details of your experience (with names/location) to wehearyou@randstadusa.com so they can be sure you are connected with someone right away... More

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US in January 2018.

Interview

- Recruiter call for the 1st phone Sceening
    - Online personality test then "Math" like questions that is timed
    - In-person Interview w/ VP the following week
    - Phone Interview w/ Executive VP the next week
    - Site Visit

This has been a great experience from the 1st initial phone screen. Randstad does everything they can do to make sure both parties are a great fit along with great communication about the process and what to expect.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US (Vienna, VA).

Interview

- Average phone screen with a recruiter. They seemed very unenthusiastic, even though I was clearly interested in the company and the role, so I wasn't sure what was going to happen from there. I thought it had gone well, but they were very hard to read.
    - Received follow up from the recruiter about setting up a second phone interview with a national director. I was super excited to move forward, and felt relieved that the first interview had gone well as I thought.
    - This is where things went downhill fast. My phone call with the national director was 15 minutes of basically being told I was not at all qualified and that I didn't have any experience (note I have 5+ years in inside/outside sales and account management since college). It started out with saying "[the recruiter] told me they didn't think you were a good fit for this position, but wanted to send me over your info anyway." They told me how they typically wouldn't hire someone like me for this role. What? Then why are we talking?
    - Overall it was disappointing, incredibly discouraging and almost offensive, and really a waste of everybody's time. If they didn't think I was qualified, I should not have continued with the interview process. Surely a national director has better things to do with their time. I feel like I was just used to fill the recruiter's quota of interviews or something. It's a shame because I was really excited about the role and could've brought a lot to the table.

Interview Questions

Randstad US Response

Jan 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing this. We will use this review to improve our interview process. We appreciate your insight and thank you for taking the time to share.

On Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone call from corporate recruiter, and then an in person interview with regional management, followed by a third interview which was telephonic with a senior consultant from corporate.

Interview Questions

• Tell them something that is not on your resume.   1 Answer
    • How would I drive, and incorporate recruiting strategies.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Randstad US.

Interview

Brief and over the phone, someone called me from the office and asked me questions for duration of twenty minutes. My assignment was emailed to me and I started the next day.

Candidate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Randstad US.

Interview

Kept me waiting for a long time. Suggested a lot of roles that I had previously told them were not what i wanted, when I told reminded them that these jobs were what i had specifically asked not to be presented with, one of the recruiters was quite short with me. Was overall an uncomfortable situation. I only accepted a role with them a couple of months later as a short term posting before traveling. I don't think I would have if I was looking for long term employment.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask any in person. Standard questions on the phone   Answer Question

Dec 29, 2017

Thank you for sharing this experience. We are glad you accepted the offer and had an easy interview, but regret that you weren't happy with everything, overall. We truly value you and hope you will... More

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Randstad US (San Jose, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Well first of all very friendly from start to finish. Made sure you felt important and well attended. Looked into your personal life to get to know what kind of person you are. They made sure that you are interested in working with them, because no one want to waste time. Offered water and snacks. They were very professional bout everything and answered all my questions that needed answering. Over all one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Randstad US in November 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by Randstad US representative who was located in-house at MilliporeSigma.
    She asked me a couple of questions about my background and my experience in product management. After following up twice, she told me that she didn't have any update from the manager and she will inform me one week after Thanksgiving holidays. Even after repeated follow-ups, I didn't hear back from her at all.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in product management/ brand management?   Answer Question

Dec 29, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share this experience. If you would ever like to give us another opportunity, our staffing hotline is a great resource. That number is 877-601-7453. Thank you!