Raymond James Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.7

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Phone screen, a couple of assessments, a case-study, 2 in-person interviews. No complaints in the process. HR and the interviewers were very friendly and quick/thorough to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you.... A lot of behavioral based interview questions. Have a lot of examples that showcase you can do the job.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

I applied online and then they sent me an online video interview. I was just behavioral questions. They then asked me to join IT day at the office. Again, that was mostly behavioral.

Equity Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

Digital Interview through Hirevue was behavioral questions. These questions were pretty easy. Then there was a Skype interview with higher up. Some situational and personality questions and some questions about stocks and the market.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Attended the Superday rounds at their Florida HQ. Mid-western hospitality and behavioral FIT-based questions asked throughout interviews. They want to understand whether you're actually interested in working for a MM and can delineate the difference between BB and MM. All the interview rounds are structured with 2-3 RJ employees. Make sure that you know your personal story and can clearly describe why you're interested in IB. Last round of the interviews, one of the MDs will give you 5 balance sheets and the names of 5 different industry-based companies with a short description of their business - you have to match up the company with the balance sheet based on the "likely" correlations.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewers were heavier on the behavioral questions than on the technicals. The interview was focused on fit between the company and the interviewee. They want to make sure that you are cut out for the long hours that banking requires.

Compliance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

It was a full day of tests and interviews. There was not a lot of clarity in the process and the candidates were all pooled together. It was different for sure.

Investment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Very friendly team and enjoyed this Superday over others because there were networking opportunities with both the current employees and other applicants. Interviewed with each industry group followed by a dinner with other applicants and current employees.

Interview Questions

• Why Raymond James, why investment banking, what industry group and why? Walk me through DCF, walk me through the financial statements, how to value a company (multiples) with viewers but no revenue?   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview a few days after I applied. Within a few more days I was contacted for an in person interview with the hiring manager. The interview went great. Mainly behavioral questions and it felt more like a friendly discussion about the position and the firm. I thought the interview went well and was hopeful. I sent my thank you letter the same day; no response. I sent a follow up; no response. Radio silence for almost a month. Then I get a generic email informing me they had moved on with another candidate. It was a great interview experience but I was very disappointed at the lack of communication and the very impersonal rejection after an in person interview. I’ve had cold feet about the company since this experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

Applied for the position, got a call from recruiter to do phone interview about 2 weeks later. After phone interview, was set up for a face to face interview on site a couple days after. Did the interview on a Friday, got an offer the following Monday.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Littleton, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

I first got a cell phone call from the owner of the Sage Financial Strategies branch, Gary Keyfauver. He decided to conduct this phone interview while he was driving. I could hardly hear him, and it was obvious that he was only willing to take time calling me while multi-tasking. After laughing at me because he figured out I was over 40, I somehow got an interview in the office. I went in at 9 a.m., and he was 10 minutes late arriving to the office. He was dressed casually and didn't apologize for his tardiness. I then provided to have the most unprofessional and discriminatory interview of my life.

Interview Questions

• Gary asked me what I like to do in my spare time. He also asked what makes me happy, about my husband, and a slew of other strange questions that most HR departments would cringe at hearing. Then he proceeded to make fun of a mandatory retail college credit job I worked for a year, which was a women's foundation retail store. He insinuated that was the reason I had a large family. He made very sexually crude remarks and was very condescending. This man was trying to make me feel small and uncomfortable. He was trying to puff up his business to make me seem unfit to work at his whopping two-person location. My professional experience was not the primary focus or topic of discussion the entire time.

I didn't hear back on the hiring decision via phone or email. I wasn't heartbroken as I had determined that I did not want to work with such a foul individual. I later received a card in the mail. It said, "We wish you continued success as a mom and wife. Your new job. You'll be great at it." This is infuriating on multiple levels (poor grammar aside). My children are all grown. I applied for the job as I am in the workforce, not the home. He either didn't care to pay attention in the interview, or he was intentionally continuing his demeaning of my marketing professionalism. Either way, it speaks volumes about his ineptitude. Not only will I never work for such a poorly run organization, but I will never do business with it either. And yes, even as a wife and mother, I do have a lot of business to conduct.   Answer Question