Raymond James Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raymond James Financial Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was well prepared and qualified, thought he interview went well, and sent a follow up email that was well received. Two weeks later I got a stock email saying they were moving forward with other candidates. It was frustrating to have multiple direct contacts with the interviewer and then a very delayed, generic rejection from an unmonitored email account.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Tampa, FL).

Interview

6 round superday interview in Tampa. This was following a thirty minute skype interview. Questions were mostly basic -- accounting, a brain teaser, a stock pitch, etc. Main one that you should be able to nail is 'why raymond james'?

Options Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the Options Rotational Program after a career fair day at my university. The first step was a recorded, online "interview" where you are asked 3-5 questions and forced to record yourself answering these questions. The second step was a super day interview that took place in St. Pete that consisted of 30 candidates that each had 3 panel interviews with 3 different hiring managers. Interview had a lot to do with behavioral, and resume related questions.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience at XYZ transition to your time at Raymond James?   Answer Question

OPTIONS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I found out about the opportunity through a university career fair. Met with the recruiters at the fair, gave them a resume, and was selected for an online interview about a week later. The online interview was primarily behavioral questions surveying my interest in the industry, why Raymond James, and walking through my resume. About one week later I was asked to complete a series of personality tests and critical thinking tests. Two weeks later I was invited to Super Day at Raymond James Headquarters in St. Petersburg.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use deep analytical knowledge in solving a problem.
      Why you? Why Raymond James?
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Very Easy - no technical questions. Interview was largely about my desire to work in the given city and my interest in investment banking more broadly. Personal questions about career ambitions as well.

Java Service Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

No process in place. The panel didn't call as scheduled and on rescheduled call there was no apologies. They directly jumped to questions without an introduction and similarly after interview the call was ended abruptly without any courtesy of asking 'questions for us'. Treat your candidates properly.

Acquisition Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy going. Just some typical behavioral type questions and going over strengths and weaknesses. Mostly was about getting to know you and if you would be a good fit with the comany. They wanted to know why Raymond James and also asked about my resume, experiences and internships. Also included a simple testing process after.

OPTIONS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Plantation, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was online but not live. Questions were pre-recorded and were mostly behavioral. Once you were given the question, you were given 3 chances to record a video answer in 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Interview Questions

• How would you retain customer loyalty in the current financial environment?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

Received an email from RJ that advised another email would be sent inviting me to a 'Digital Interview'. This is the single most unprofessional approach to recruiting talent I have ever even heard of. An internet-delivered set of preselected questions you are supposed to respond to while being recorded on your webcam. 30 seconds to consider your answer, 3 minutes to respond. Rinse-and-repeat.

Make no mistake - this is a very valuable bit of information on how a firm fails to value its people. Not simply outsourcing the HR process, at a senior level, to a machine, but the macro-view on what people mean to the organization. "We haven't the time nor interest in speaking with you, most especially if you are interested in working here and we believe we need your skills."

As a candidate, you have no manner in which to ask questions and explore the role or your fit. In fact, by outsourcing, even if given an interview (which this web-record nonsense is not), you still wouldn't be able to have an exchange of thought to judge cultural fit as it is a 3rd party. RJ hides behind some specious lie about this being "for your convenience". PLEASE.

It is also reflective of a larger workforce that is unwilling to defend their personal integrity that a firm even dare to take this approach. Candidates suffer through such an engagement believing 'they have no choice'. Well, not me.

If out of the gate a firm is so disinterested in your skills that this is their chosen method of interaction - THANK THEM! They've made it quite clear that you should never entertain any relationship with them as an employee or a customer. What a wonderfully valuable lesson to gain so quickly in the process. You've removed any uncertainty.

This is the definition of an - INTERROGATION - not an INTERVIEW.

Goodbye Raymond James - you'll join the countless in the books of history of financial firms that once were...

Interview Questions

• Can't say - wouldn't subject myself to such an experience.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer first talked about his background. Then ask me to talk about myself and go over my resume. I talked for a while and asked him whether I should continue and he said that's ok. Asked me if I had any questions.