Raymond James Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.7

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Phone screen, a couple of assessments, a case-study, 2 in-person interviews. No complaints in the process. HR and the interviewers were very friendly and quick/thorough to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you.... A lot of behavioral based interview questions. Have a lot of examples that showcase you can do the job.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

I applied online and then they sent me an online video interview. I was just behavioral questions. They then asked me to join IT day at the office. Again, that was mostly behavioral.

Equity Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

Digital Interview through Hirevue was behavioral questions. These questions were pretty easy. Then there was a Skype interview with higher up. Some situational and personality questions and some questions about stocks and the market.

Compliance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

It was a full day of tests and interviews. There was not a lot of clarity in the process and the candidates were all pooled together. It was different for sure.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewers were heavier on the behavioral questions than on the technicals. The interview was focused on fit between the company and the interviewee. They want to make sure that you are cut out for the long hours that banking requires.

Investment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Very friendly team and enjoyed this Superday over others because there were networking opportunities with both the current employees and other applicants. Interviewed with each industry group followed by a dinner with other applicants and current employees.

Interview Questions

• Why Raymond James, why investment banking, what industry group and why? Walk me through DCF, walk me through the financial statements, how to value a company (multiples) with viewers but no revenue?   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview a few days after I applied. Within a few more days I was contacted for an in person interview with the hiring manager. The interview went great. Mainly behavioral questions and it felt more like a friendly discussion about the position and the firm. I thought the interview went well and was hopeful. I sent my thank you letter the same day; no response. I sent a follow up; no response. Radio silence for almost a month. Then I get a generic email informing me they had moved on with another candidate. It was a great interview experience but I was very disappointed at the lack of communication and the very impersonal rejection after an in person interview. I’ve had cold feet about the company since this experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

Applied for the position, got a call from recruiter to do phone interview about 2 weeks later. After phone interview, was set up for a face to face interview on site a couple days after. Did the interview on a Friday, got an offer the following Monday.

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my school's website. RJ got back to me pretty quickly and asked me to do an online interview with recorded responses. Pretty easy, only 6 questions and nothing technical. Then I did a Skype interview and still easy questions nothing technical. That was it.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter preliminary phone interview followed by hiring manager phone interview then followed by hiring manager web interview, they spend a lot of time between each step and offer limited communication along the way. It's difficult to determine whether my experience is typical within the organization or more specific to the hiring manager of this group, but I found the communication to be contradicting during this process and it wasn't a great reflection of what it may be like to work for this person later.

Interview Questions

• The question and interview style was very interactive and positive. Questions you would expect to receive and that would encourage a good exchange. I was asked about my short and long term career goals. We discussed work environment. Went through my background, etc.   Answer Question