Raymond James Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raymond James Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.8

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

First screening interview, then in-person meeting with multiple team members. Everyone was very nice and easy going. Work place environment seemed a bit slow but likely a good fit for those that preferred a laid back pace.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of the role that the Risk Management department plays at Raymond James?   Answer Question

Compliance Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

I applied online and received a request for a phone interview in a couple of days. The initial call with the recruiter was great. He was amiable and we had a good conversation and dialogue back and forth. His questions were fair and straight forward. At the conclusion of our call he said they would get back to me in a few days. A couple of days later I received a request to speak with the hiring manager which I was obviously open to. This conversation was an entirely different experience. The manager was almost 10 minutes late in calling me and then tried to say I did not answer my phone. Funny that he did not leave any messages and I did not have any missed calls. It was not an interview it was an interrogation. He went line by line through my resume and had all kinds of tacky questions. Most of his questions were not revenant. For example I have been with the same company for 15 years and started right out of college. He wanted to know if I applied for said position 15 years ago or was recruited. They guy was very unpleasant. I figured if he was like to a prospective employee I could only imagine what he would be like to work for. After our call I pondered the integration for a day and then decided to tell the recruiter I was no longer interested in talking about this particular position any further.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I ever sold Long Term Care Insurance and if so what carrier?   1 Answer

Registered Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email about 10 days later asking for a phone interview. Interviewed with recruiter for about 30 minutes. She then scheduled my interview with the office and I had a face to face with the manager the following week. Very professional and great environment. Manager was great, no pressure, non traditional. It was fun! I had two more interviews after my initial one. Really really good company. Very nice people.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

Stopped by RJ booth at my school career fair. About 3 month later HR reached out to me and offered to do a digital interview. There were just 5 behavioral questions, nothing complicated. A a few weeks later I did a phone interview with the manager of the team that I would intern with. Interview was pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral or past experience questions.

Security Setup Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Southfield, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by pre screener in Florida for a quick chat. Very professional and nice. Set up for an interview in Southfield with 3 employees but day of interview only 2 were available . They were very friendly and professional. Only con would be they didn't have many questions other than asking about my current role.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was well prepared and qualified, thought he interview went well, and sent a follow up email that was well received. Two weeks later I got a stock email saying they were moving forward with other candidates. It was frustrating to have multiple direct contacts with the interviewer and then a very delayed, generic rejection from an unmonitored email account.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Tampa, FL).

Interview

6 round superday interview in Tampa. This was following a thirty minute skype interview. Questions were mostly basic -- accounting, a brain teaser, a stock pitch, etc. Main one that you should be able to nail is 'why raymond james'?

Options Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the Options Rotational Program after a career fair day at my university. The first step was a recorded, online "interview" where you are asked 3-5 questions and forced to record yourself answering these questions. The second step was a super day interview that took place in St. Pete that consisted of 30 candidates that each had 3 panel interviews with 3 different hiring managers. Interview had a lot to do with behavioral, and resume related questions.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience at XYZ transition to your time at Raymond James?   Answer Question

OPTIONS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I found out about the opportunity through a university career fair. Met with the recruiters at the fair, gave them a resume, and was selected for an online interview about a week later. The online interview was primarily behavioral questions surveying my interest in the industry, why Raymond James, and walking through my resume. About one week later I was asked to complete a series of personality tests and critical thinking tests. Two weeks later I was invited to Super Day at Raymond James Headquarters in St. Petersburg.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use deep analytical knowledge in solving a problem.
      Why you? Why Raymond James?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Very Easy - no technical questions. Interview was largely about my desire to work in the given city and my interest in investment banking more broadly. Personal questions about career ambitions as well.