Raymond James Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Raymond James Financial Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.8

Compliance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

It was a full day of tests and interviews. There was not a lot of clarity in the process and the candidates were all pooled together. It was different for sure.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewers were heavier on the behavioral questions than on the technicals. The interview was focused on fit between the company and the interviewee. They want to make sure that you are cut out for the long hours that banking requires.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

Applied for the position, got a call from recruiter to do phone interview about 2 weeks later. After phone interview, was set up for a face to face interview on site a couple days after. Did the interview on a Friday, got an offer the following Monday.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Littleton, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

I first got a cell phone call from the owner of the Sage Financial Strategies branch, Gary Keyfauver. He decided to conduct this phone interview while he was driving. I could hardly hear him, and it was obvious that he was only willing to take time calling me while multi-tasking. After laughing at me because he figured out I was over 40, I somehow got an interview in the office. I went in at 9 a.m., and he was 10 minutes late arriving to the office. He was dressed casually and didn't apologize for his tardiness. I then provided to have the most unprofessional and discriminatory interview of my life.

Interview Questions

• Gary asked me what I like to do in my spare time. He also asked what makes me happy, about my husband, and a slew of other strange questions that most HR departments would cringe at hearing. Then he proceeded to make fun of a mandatory retail college credit job I worked for a year, which was a women's foundation retail store. He insinuated that was the reason I had a large family. He made very sexually crude remarks and was very condescending. This man was trying to make me feel small and uncomfortable. He was trying to puff up his business to make me seem unfit to work at his whopping two-person location. My professional experience was not the primary focus or topic of discussion the entire time.

I didn't hear back on the hiring decision via phone or email. I wasn't heartbroken as I had determined that I did not want to work with such a foul individual. I later received a card in the mail. It said, "We wish you continued success as a mom and wife. Your new job. You'll be great at it." This is infuriating on multiple levels (poor grammar aside). My children are all grown. I applied for the job as I am in the workforce, not the home. He either didn't care to pay attention in the interview, or he was intentionally continuing his demeaning of my marketing professionalism. Either way, it speaks volumes about his ineptitude. Not only will I never work for such a poorly run organization, but I will never do business with it either. And yes, even as a wife and mother, I do have a lot of business to conduct.   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

First screening interview, then in-person meeting with multiple team members. Everyone was very nice and easy going. Work place environment seemed a bit slow but likely a good fit for those that preferred a laid back pace.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of the role that the Risk Management department plays at Raymond James?   Answer Question

Advisor Mastery Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the head recruiter of the program and one of the lead sales coach after networking hard the summer. We had a phone interview for 40 minutes where they asked me questions and I asked them multiple questions afterwards. I asked to follow up and met with them a week later. They liked me a lot but unfortunately, I did not have enough work experience for the position. I knew it was a long shot but at least they knew who I am.

Interview Questions

• What is one experience of rejection that would be most relatable to rejection as a financial advisor and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Compliance Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

I applied online and received a request for a phone interview in a couple of days. The initial call with the recruiter was great. He was amiable and we had a good conversation and dialogue back and forth. His questions were fair and straight forward. At the conclusion of our call he said they would get back to me in a few days. A couple of days later I received a request to speak with the hiring manager which I was obviously open to. This conversation was an entirely different experience. The manager was almost 10 minutes late in calling me and then tried to say I did not answer my phone. Funny that he did not leave any messages and I did not have any missed calls. It was not an interview it was an interrogation. He went line by line through my resume and had all kinds of tacky questions. Most of his questions were not revenant. For example I have been with the same company for 15 years and started right out of college. He wanted to know if I applied for said position 15 years ago or was recruited. They guy was very unpleasant. I figured if he was like to a prospective employee I could only imagine what he would be like to work for. After our call I pondered the integration for a day and then decided to tell the recruiter I was no longer interested in talking about this particular position any further.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I ever sold Long Term Care Insurance and if so what carrier?   1 Answer

Registered Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email about 10 days later asking for a phone interview. Interviewed with recruiter for about 30 minutes. She then scheduled my interview with the office and I had a face to face with the manager the following week. Very professional and great environment. Manager was great, no pressure, non traditional. It was fun! I had two more interviews after my initial one. Really really good company. Very nice people.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

Stopped by RJ booth at my school career fair. About 3 month later HR reached out to me and offered to do a digital interview. There were just 5 behavioral questions, nothing complicated. A a few weeks later I did a phone interview with the manager of the team that I would intern with. Interview was pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral or past experience questions.

Security Setup Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Southfield, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by pre screener in Florida for a quick chat. Very professional and nice. Set up for an interview in Southfield with 3 employees but day of interview only 2 were available . They were very friendly and professional. Only con would be they didn't have many questions other than asking about my current role.