Reading Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.8

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Hospital (Reading, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying for the job in online, I received an email to take a Kenexa Excel and Access test. Later, the HR called and asked a couple of questions on career interests, skills, experience etc. The HR confirmed a technical phone interview with 2 people and the phone interview went very well. The manager who did the phone interview told that I may receive a face-to-face interview and I was invited for a face-to-face interview a week later. I had a bad face-to-face interview experience. My interview was scheduled at 10 am and no one was until 10.30 am. The HR then explained benefits of the organization for about 20 minutes and I was directed to a conference room where 3 people interviewed me. The interview did not last more than 35 minutes. 2 out of 3 interviewers are looking into mobiles during the interview. I would be happy if they would have ended the interview by asking only a question. Lack of time sense and lack of interview manners - a bad interview experience.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Hospital (Reading, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

you have to complete a Kenexa test to prove your MS Excel and MS Access skills. I did pretty well on the test and I received a phone call from HR. The call with HR is simple with few questions on my interests, education, skills etc and she scheduled a technical phone interview a week later with a group of people. The technical phone interview went very well. People in the interview asked mostly about my previous technical experience, education etc. and I was called for an in-person interview 2 weeks later. I waited for 40 minutes in the lobby and then the HR came to explain the benefits of the company such as leave, sick time and insurance. Later, I was asked to go to a conference room where 3 people interviewed me. I had a very bad in-person experience. 2 out of the three were looking into the mobile during the interview. The interview lasted only for 30 minutes. I would be happy if I was informed that they have chosen some other candidate. No interview manners for the technical people and lack of skill set.

Medica Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reading Hospital.

Interview

Quick and simple, but I was a returning employee that had support of department supervisor.
    Had interview at HR and then another with department supervisor. They now do group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult experience you have had at other jobs and how you handled it.   Answer Question

May 5, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your interview experience. You indicated that you had a negative experience. We would like to obtain more information from you because we want all candidates... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Hospital (Reading, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was brought in for a group interview. We received a tour of the facilities. We also met with administrators from the Cardiovascular and Emergency Department to learn about possible projects. They called for a second interview three weeks later. The interview was mostly discussing my resume and what I was looking for from the position.

Medical Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Reading Hospital (Wyomissing, PA).

Interview

contacted by human resources literally months after applying. Had interview with manager of department and nurse in department who asked majority of questions. Then 30+ days later went for second interview with physician in practice and another nurse and also manager attended. Basically just same info exchanged.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years as a front office receptionist (PSR)
      what is your greatest weakness/strength.
      last attendance record.
      why did you leave last job?
      what will you do to get to know your new co-workers?   1 Answer

Jan 11, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our recruitment process. I think the following information might help put the delays into perspective. When we post clerical positions... More

Fiscal Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Hospital (Reading, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with a human resources employee as well as a department supervisor. They were both very personable and thorough. Interview questions were standard. I walked away with a good understanding of the position, job requirements, and what to expect from the hiring process if I were to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

Reading Hospital Response

Nov 4, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review of your interview experience. We are very happy to hear your experience was positive. Thanks for your interest in employment with Reading Health System.--Gretchen Adams... More

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Hospital (West Reading, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

The first step involved a phone screening/interview, where you're then invited to come in if you match their basic requirements.

The in-person interview consisted of a 20-30 minute meet with an HR representative which goes over school, work history, basic history questions, etc. The HR rep then goes over schedule, salary, and benefits to give you a heads up should you be offered a position. This is followed by a 15 minute interview with the nurse manager(s) where they ask you behavioral and "tell us about a time when..." questions. Finally, you shadow a nurse for an hour or so, so that you can get a feel for the floor.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time something didn't work out the way you wanted it to.   Answer Question

Graduate Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reading Hospital.

Interview

Chris was the nicest recruiter I have ever dealt with. He gave me great information about the position, salary, benefits, tuition assistance when I go back for my BSN, etc. He emailed me all the interview information (location, who I would be meeting with, agenda, map of the health system). He actually spoke to me like a real person. I have spoke to many recruiters that seem robotic. The nurse manager was great and gave me great information about the floor, teamwork, expectations. I like that I could spend some time on the floor after speaking to the nurse manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Graduate nurse rate was given during interview process.

Administrative Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reading Hospital (Reading, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. Had an initial phone interview and was then invited to an on-site interview. HR was kind enough to make hotel reservations and reimburse me for my travel expenses. The interview itself was long but relatively easy; mostly behavioral/experience-based questions. I met with several senior leaders and had great conversations with most of them. I left the interview thinking I did well. I was told to expect a response in a couple of weeks. I sent follow up emails after two weeks had passed by but never received a response. I only got to know I did not get a job when I heard that someone else was extended the offer. Advice to HR: Please inform final candidates of your decision. I know hiring can be an overwhelming experience and you are probably hiring for multiple positions simultaneously but a quick email informing a candidate of your decision is the bare minimum.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What question would you wish I asked you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Reading Hospital (Reading, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I did not meet with a recruiter because I had previously volunteered at the hospital. Once I graduated from college a manager asked me if I wanted to come back after graduation.

Interview Questions

• How are you with Microsoft Excel?   1 Answer