Red Ventures Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Corporate Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Director of Sales Recruiting and scheduled a phone interview lasting approx. 40 minutes. Later contacted via email to schedule onsite interview for the following week. Onsite interview lasted over 3 hours and included a tour of the facility followed by back to back interviews with recruiters including a mock interview scenario. Everyone was very friendly and inviting.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Red Ventures? Be prepared to answer this question multiple times throughout the process.   Answer Question
    • How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Multiple people are brought in for the interviewing process. Half is one on one, half is watching a video about someone making a sale for their team. The one on one is basic questioning and is pretty much parallel to what the HR rep prepping you for the interview says. If you like sales and want to be a sales rep, you'll enjoy RV.

Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

They started with a phone interview. Then I had to come in for a face to face interview.
    I started with one person that interview lasted 30 minutes, then another person came in. That interview lasted 30 minutes and then finally the last person came in to interview me. The entire process day one was 90 minutes. Then they called me back for another interview with the same process which lasted 2 hours. They added in a report review and a mock call listening exercise. The call wasn't anything that would really take place at RV, it was too laid back. Then another series of people came in and out to interview me.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures in October 2014.

Interview

The first round consisted of two 30-minute interviews. The first was behavioral and resume based. The second was a case based on the work that Red Ventures does. Nothing too hard if you talk through your thought process out loud. The second round "Superday" was a day long process on campus. It consisted of 3 individual case interviews and a group case interview. They were all similar to the case interview in the first round. Not much preparation can be done other than familiarizing yourself with the work at Red Ventures.

Interview Questions

• Which venture would be more profitable with a client given the following circumstances? Have to run through numbers to establish the most profitable outcome for the client.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview

I applied online. About two weeks later, I received an email to schedule an interview through a portal. The interviewer was a few minutes late, but that didn't deter me from the role or company. However, the call only lasted 10 minutes. She only asked me a few basic questions, and I asked my typical questions I ask of recruiters during interviews. But seemed like she was in a hurry to get off of the phone. We ended the call with her telling me that she would be in touch next week about next round. I never heard anything back. For a company that claims they are on the Great Places to Work list, I am shocked by how awful their recruiters treat candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

I completed 3 cases - all three tested my knowledge of their business model. Most of it was around mental math, but one case was actually within Excel as well. They will give you 30 - 45 minutes to work on a case and then you have to walk through your findings with a tenured employee.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

It started with a phone interview which went well. Next I had a project to complete. Finally I had a half day onsite interview which had a variety of different interview tactics.

Associate Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process is fairly intense- for writers you will first have an informal phone interview, followed by a writing assignment. The last stage of the process is a trip to the main offices. There I went through about 6 hours of interviews with a number of employees at different levels of the company. This gave me a good idea of whether I'd be a good fit there, and vice versa. They like to sensationalize the amount of work they do.

Interview Questions

• Are you actually interested in this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were not open to negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview

4 Rounds of Interviews. 2 Phone screenings, 1 HackerRank exercise, and 1 On-site.
    The first was an initial screening going over resume and basic skills.
    The second was more technical and asked questions about specific language functions/syntax and some really off the wall questions.
    The onsite was awful. The engineers there are haughty and narcissistic. I honestly felt like it was a waste of time coming on site to be treated so poorly. I really think there needs to be a shift in how talent is evaluated and brought on. The engineers we're extremely defensive and rude as interviewers and the technical recruiters were not helpful.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about the security features of our application?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly standard interview process with an initial phone screen with a recruiter, a short technical phone interview with an engineer (which I actually did on site since I was local to the office), and finally a full-day session of multiple interviews covering everything from cultural fit to development ability. Truthfully I was expecting a more difficult interview process given the other reviews on here, but it's possible that expectation made me prepare better than I would have otherwise. I actually felt the questions during the cultural fit interview were sometimes more difficult than the technical questions.

Overall the process from initial phone screen to offer took about a month, but that's because my interviews spread over the holiday season and I travel for my current/previous position so scheduling was much more difficult than normal. Had I interviewed at a different time in the year, I expect the entire process would've been more like a couple weeks.

It was definitely the most enjoyable interviews I've ever been through. It was much more of a conversation than an interrogation, so that let me feel more comfortable explaining my thought process even when I wasn't sure of the answer to their questions. Since it was a two-way discussion instead of a one-way Q&A I also learned things during the interview, so even if I hadn't gotten an offer I would've felt the experience was worth it.

Interview Questions

• Design a database schema for a hypothetical web application.   Answer Question