Redfin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Redfin Interview Questions

Interviews at Redfin

2.7

SDE1 Interview

Interview

Virtual interview, behavior question, then one coding question which they watch what you type over a shared document. They also ask what suggestions you have for improving their website to make it more user friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Unprofessional interview process. Was given a take home assignment. I spent a few hours to complete and submit it. Was then ghosted by Redfin. Don't waste your time with this company.

Interview Questions

• The goal of this is to write a simple command-line program that will print out a list of food
      trucks, given a source of food truck data from the San Francisco government’s API. Along with your code, readme, and installation instructions, we will also ask you to provide a brief write up discussing your thought process.   Answer Question

Transaction Coordinator Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview went smoothly just the routinely interview questions. No surprises there if you did a little homework, and did your research you should find no problems there.

Associate Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Redfin (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

Smooth process, good company benefits. Referred by a friend. In person and video interviews. Once selected you must transfer your license over. Flexible schedule for your convenience can work as much or as little as you want.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redfin (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online through employee referral. Phone screen with recruiter, followed by homework assignment. This consisted of Excal, Tableau, and SQL questions. After that they bring you onsite for a 5 hour interview, 45 min with each person. Including hiring manager, product manager, and several data scientists from the team. Situational questions, technical (SQL & data viz) and behavioral.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Redfin (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Super nice and accommodating recruiters. Took a while to hear back after career fair but set up phone interview. Had a decently hard phone question. Got onsite couple weeks later. All of the interviewers were super nice and questions were a lot easier. Mixture of technical and behavioral.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redfin.

Interview

Applied online and then had phone interview. Phone interviewer wasn't great and seemed uninterested. Seemed liked he was reading his email instead of listening to the answers I was giving.

Interview Questions

• What are three key metrics in determining the success of a website   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a favorite product of yours and how you would use it   Answer Question

Associate Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Redfin (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My process was a positive and professional experience! Excellent and quick follow up from Redfin and I'm enjoying getting to know the company better. So far so great!!

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Redfin.

Interview

The recruiter was friendly and efficient in scheduling the onsite interviews. There were 5 interviews onsite includind the lunch interview. The first interview was about the past and a Modeling question. The second interview was a lunch interview. The third and fourth ones were on similar track as the first one.
    I personally found myself in a better place with culturally diverse teams. This one was not very diverse and seems like almost everyone has developed a habit of saying ‘oh! You just did this’. This thing was particularly belittling. It made me feel worthless for my current employer. I didn’t expected that kind of behavior. There were other little things that hampers the thinking of an interviewee like talking in Mandarin during panel interview. Lastly, one of the interviewer grinned a lot on my failures to do a particular question. I am thankful for their time but overall, I believe that they should respect and behave more professionally with the interviewee who is taking a day off.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redfin (Miami, FL) in January 2020.

Interview

Very professional, looking for affinity with values more than specific skills, very cool process, great people, awesome place, fast and relaxed process. Special company for agents that really want to help and serve consumers. Very tech oriented but overall human oriented.