Redfin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Position In Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Redfin (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had an in depth phone interview with the recruiter. They asked behavioral/situational based questions about my current position and experience. From that, I was invited onsite to interview with 6-7 people for 30 min each. I heard back 2-3 days later.

Lead Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Redfin (Seattle, WA).

Interview

They ask for real life, customer service examples. I.e. "Time you had to deliver bad news", " How do you handle upset customers?" Cultural fit questions "How do you like working in Teams?" Do you have management asspirations?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the Market and how it effects a potential offer strategy you would give to a client   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Redfin (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn by Allison F (Redfin Recruiter) whom engaged me in an HR opportunity available at Redfin HQ. After a few questions back and forth, I decided to partake in a phone interview to learn more.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what interested me in Redfin, about my background in HR, and what I was looking for in my next opportunity.

After occupying 30+ minutes of my time, Allison never took the time to follow up with me, even though she stated she would. Its disappointing that she was unable/unwilling to return feedback to someone they elected to engage, in the first place.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redfin (Everett, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

The whole experience felt unorganized, I was told I was getting a call in a few days and I never heard from them. I had to call them and remind them, it was just terrible lack of communication.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Redfin?   2 Answers

Data Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redfin (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job on the Redfin website. After sending the application I got a email and set up a phone screen the following week. The phone screen was very casual and the recruiter gave me information on the job and we agreed to proceed to in person interviews. I had an interview at the Seattle HQ and met with four managers who worked closely with my position. These interviews were about a half hour each, but very casual with the ability to take a break in between. The following workday I touched base with my recruiter and a couple days later I got approval to the final step of background and reference checks. I gave the information for both and was approved for hire the following day.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job at Redfin   1 Answer

Sales Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redfin (Rockville, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process is fairly long, but simple and well coordinated. Includes a brief initial phone interview followed by a wpm typing test and a brief written reply to simulate how you might communicate with a potential customer. Followed by video interviews with 3 different Redfin Team members.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to overcome a challenge in the workplace (regarding sales).   Answer Question

Associate Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redfin.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter on the phone. Then applied on the website. Then was asked to complete a video interview (really weird and the reason I say this was a "difficult" interview. The video part was stressful and a little confusing, countdown clocks make it hard to think clearly, and the hiring manager I spoke to said they disliked them as well and were in the process of finding another interview system), then was offered a position after recruiter and hiring managing team reviewed video interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Redfin? Why do you want to work in Real Estate? What technology do you use to keep yourself organized? Give an example of excellent customer service you have provided. Describe a specific time you had a deadline but an unexpected hurdle made it difficult to complete, and how did you complete it? If you could change one thing about Real Estate, what would it be? If you were showing a home in your area, what would be the top 3 things you would communicate to the buyer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Redfin (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter call, then phone screen, then onsite.
    It seems like they're looking for people who could come up with a solution that they're thinking, and not a creative/unique solution. I thought the on site showed a lot of my passion and how I approached solving a problem, but since it wasn't precisely how they approached it they didn't give me an offer. Basically you get the job by either being lucky and thinking what they're thinking, or you've seen their exact solution before.
     I did thorough research on the company and product, showed enthusiasm and that I love and believe in what they're doing, gave examples of past experiences that align with their core values. For the technical portion, I think it went semi-bad on 2 out of 4 sessions. One where the hiring manager didn't give me a chance to refactor or handle the code as I was thinking. He basically directed me to write what he wanted to see. And the other one was a design problem which was very vague and hard to know what he was looking for. Which I understand is the point to see how I handle uncertainty and unknown. But when I was trying to solve one problem he started asking about another problem and made it more confusing.

Interview Questions

• Phone: 2D matrix spiral   Answer Question
    • On site: a BFS, a DFS, an OOP design problem and a string problem. Lunch in between with 2 engineers   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redfin (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First call was with a recruiter just to go over the process. She asked 2 simple technical questions just to be sure I had some skills. The hiring manager took a look at my resume and we set up an hour long hackerrank session. With a little bit of help I got the gist of the problem being asked, but unfortunately wasn't quite good/quick enough.

Interview Questions

• Given a starting point in a matrix, fill in the numbers from the inside spiraling outward.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process is pretty standard. Started with an initial phone screen, followed by a live coding exercise on hackerrank. I don't think the interview itself was too bad, but I would consider the experience negative overall.

HR was very slow and inconsistent to respond. The tech screen was fairly easy, but I received no response until I e-mailed multiple times over the course of a few days about 2 weeks after my interview. Once they did respond, I received a boilerplate rejection less than 5 minutes later. When I asked for feedback, I received two different e-mails from two different recruiters. One stating that they do not provide feedback, and other providing some general "we moved forward with other candidates" feedback. The inconsistent and slow responses from HR after a tech screen that seemed to go fine was a bit offputting.