KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,027 of over 1,370 reviews

4.1
Redfin CEO Glenn Kelman
Glenn Kelman

What people are saying about Redfin

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits for full time employees(in 107 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 65 reviews)
  • "Great culture and experience for the budding realtor(in 59 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule, decent pay and skill building.(in 43 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule with lucrative pay on weekends and afternoons.(in 40 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Redfin and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent company!

Jun 29, 2022 - Real Estate Listing Photographer
    Business Outlook

Pros

They really take care of you!

Cons

If you are a photographer, the career path is of less options

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Jun 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great People and Great culture!

Cons

Instability of the real estate market

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Jun 28, 2022 - Listing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I grew up in the real estate business. From the time I was 19, I’ve worked my way up in this business. I’ve been a part of other teams, under many other brokers, in so many different roles in real estate on my way up to my current position at Redfin. This is hands down the best place I’ve worked at. Seriously. There’s genuine consideration of employees by management and real, legit caring for each other here. Combine this culture… with being part of improving an industry that really needs it… it’s a feel good place to work with a clear path for individual career growth.

Cons

Redfin is working hard at becoming profitable very soon. Redfin is also always working at improving upon itself. This improvement push can lead to changes. If you’re not open to evolution within the workplace, or don’t like change in general, this is probably not the place for you.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

People genuinely like one another

Jun 23, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uniquely feels like a place where people care about each other as people. There's a sense of psychological safety. Lots of collaboration and supportive working environment. People culture is awesome.

Cons

Real estate is at the whim of macro trends (e.g. interest rates) that can both positively and negatively impact the company and seem out of the company's control.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Employment review

Jun 28, 2022 - Lead Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Full benefits Paid Real Estate Fees Customer leads

Cons

Very low base salary Low bonuses per transaction Limit on number of customers Unfairness assignment of high end customers

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jun 17, 2022 - Recruiter II in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Redfin values the employees as much as their customers. You are not just a number. I felt recognized for my efforts and well supported by management. The company is open to new ways of thinking and embraces creativity. Work life balance at Redfin was the best that I have experienced. I am neurodiverse which has been an uncomfortable topic in the past to address with prior employers. I needed an accommodation which was honored without jumping through hoops to get. If I could work for Redfin again in the future, I would.

Cons

The real estate industry is a rollercoaster. On a downward path which led to layoffs. I did not leave by choice.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love the company

Jun 16, 2022 -  in Greensboro, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

love the flexibility in scheduling as a college student viewing all these beautiful homes and meeting new people to better myself professionally

Cons

not really any cons just a lot of driving but it'd normal for this role

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not all it promises to be

Jul 1, 2022 - Lead Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

-free leads -good benefits -paid dues and fees -paid mileage -paid tours

Cons

-low salary -bad training -managers aren’t a great resource -really poor leads -terrible commission split

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love this company

Jun 14, 2022 - Tour Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a great culture, they are always transparent to their employees, and you truly feel like family here. They function off of performance-based employment, so as long as you work for them, they work for you.

Cons

None. I love this company and hope to go far with them.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Associate Agent

Jun 10, 2022 - Associate Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Control of your schedule and paid per tour.

Cons

The fuel prices are making it difficult.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,027 Reviews

Redfin Reviews FAQs

Redfin has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,370 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Redfin to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Redfin employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Redfin. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

74% of Redfin employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Redfin 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Redfin to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Redfin Job Seekers