Reflektive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reflektive (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The Hiring Manager who was also the Lead Recruiter on this specific position was very unprofessional and did not seem to understand the process. After the interview, the lead recruiter had a colleague of his tell me that I did not get the job. I asked if he would relay the message to the lead recruiter that I'd love to learn more about what I could improve on and I did not hear back after following up twice with them. I still have not heard.

Interview Questions

• What do I look for in a manager? What do I look for in a company? What would your last manager say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reflektive (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was pursued through a recruiting website. The recruiter reached out to me for an interview request. Which is completely fine except after looking at the job description and tech stack, I notified them that I didn't have the background for this position. They still wanted to proceed and I was told the department head wanted to speak with me.

I had a technical phone screen with the department head telling them as well that my background wasn't anything related to the position, with either the technology being used or the position they wanted me to fill. They insisted they cared only about aptitude. We proceeded to the technical questions which were a couple of coding exercises.

As I worked on the problems I spoke about my approach and reasoning behind my approach, to which there was nothing but silence and typing in the background. After a couple of minutes where I could tell he wasn't paying any attention, I got his attention enough to get some feedback. To which he replied that there was a specific way in Java to approach the problem (this was an algorithmic problem, so there is more than 1 way to solve it). It was obvious the test was just another "Guess what number I'm thinking of" type test that does nothing to evaluate aptitude of a candidate. It went similar with a second question in the interview.

It was a complete waste of time. He wasn't evaluating my reasoning, he was evaluating my specific answer to the problems. Why would you pursue someone without the background for the role if you're only evaluating them by specific answers to a test? If you want someone to know specific approaches to a problem, it makes more sense to choose problems related to the job role, and choose candidates with that specific background. That way the candidates will be better prepared for both the interview and the job. Rather than choose candidates randomly and then try to have them guess what arbitrary approach you prefer in order to pass your test. Saying you're open to candidates with aptitude is a good thing, but you have to actually evaluate aptitude, don't just say it because it sounds better.

Interview Questions

• - Group words in a collection together by whether they have matching lengths and letters ("anagrams")

- GROUP BY sql question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reflektive (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was good, challenging questions, engineers and CEO had excellent technical knowledge. Had a phone interview with CEO two weeks before. Small programming project. In-person interview in their SoMa office with CEO and with Engineers. Focus was on JavaScript and AJAX.

Interview Questions

• Determine the best way to automatically space 2 rows of 100px elements using jQuery   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reflektive (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Reflective for the IT Manager position in January. I had a 30 minute phone screen which wasn't enough time, so they scheduled a second phone screen for another 30 minutes a week later. I then went in for an onsite that had to be rescheduled a couple of times. I met with 5 different people in the space of about 3 hours. The first interview was with the co-founder, he took me on a walk-through of a new space in the building they were taking over. He asked a lot of advice about the build-out an dhow I'd handle it.
    All in all the interviews went well, at least I thought. I followed up with a nice note... and never heard another word from anyone. You'd think after having someone on site for 3 hours mid-day you'd get the courtesy of a follow up call.
    Gives you some insight into company culture.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle setting up WiFi in the new space.   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had a very positive experience! Everyone was incredibly warm and welcoming. Most of it was general get to know you questions to ensure you're a good culture fit. They asked smart questions. I had a quick call with the recruiter first, who informed me a lot on the company vision and culture. Next, I spoke with the hiring manager and had a long in depth positive conversation, and came Onsite next to meet with a BDR, the hiring manager, and someone on the team who was promoted. The final step was coming Onsite for a pitch presentation which was very straight forward and fun to do! Gives you the chance to explain the product in your own words and role play. The process moved very quick, about a week and a half total! I accepted the offer, and couldn't be happier about the decision. Everyone was so positive and friendly and works hard.

Interview Questions

• Can you pitch me the product?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge with a prospect and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Reflektive (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the Director of Inside Sales for coffee and was immediately impressed by not only her experience and vibrant demeanor, but also her candidness when asked hard questions. I then met with an Account Executive, Business Development Rep, and the Director again in the office. They brought me in for presentation which I gave to all of the above, as well as the VP of Sales. The VP of Sales explained his vision for the company as well as his extensive experience of successfully working at 5 Series A start ups and I was sold on Reflektive.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reflektive (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Screening call with internal recruiter - very pleasant, call went very well, felt very positive that my background would be of great value to co. Next, Call with VP Sales to discuss background. Was advised by external recruiter to be prepared for direct, straight to the point style of VP Sales. Call was more casual and focused on my software sales experience and selling in that environment, so I was over-prepared for questions he did not ask. Did not advance past that call with VP which is unfortunate since my scrappy background (although not long in duration in SAAS, software sales) and my character would have been of tremendous value. I feel that my successful background in sales could have easily been applied to Reflektive and that it was unfortunately dismissed since the VP Sales was looking for specific criteria. On the outside I viewed it as the VP having blinders on. Regardless, this happens with some companies in missing out on great candidates by being hyper focused on specific experience and it's possibly at the detriment to the org.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background in Software Sales   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the deals you closed and the structure?   Answer Question
    • Have you sold into the C-level? CFO, CEO?   Answer Question
    • Given your last two roles, take me through that timeframe and what you are looking for in this next role?   Answer Question
    • Can you pitch me now on your last employer and their product/service?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reflektive.

Interview

Contacted via Recruiter and setup intro call on which there was few basic screening question for HTML,CSS and JS. Next round was technical pair programing interview. The interview process was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Dom Manipulation. Integrate API and show the data received in tabular formate   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reflektive.

Interview

The recruiter was very responsive and informative. They reached out to me first via LinkedIn, and quickly scheduled the behavioral screen. After that the coding challenge was over the phone, using a shared codepen.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reflektive (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

External recruiter -> Internal sourcer -> VP Sales phone screen -> in person panel w/ CMO, CEO, CRO (no-show), VP Sales, and an AE. Interview was easy, people were very nice and professional, office was cool and "techy." Sent thank you emails to the team that evening.
    So why negative? I never heard a thing from them after I walked out of the building. I get it, there wasn't a fit - but I expected a bit more communication from a company built on the belief that people thrive on real-time feedback and transparency.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you do to keep your team motivated and engaged?   Answer Question

Reflektive Response

May 3, 2017 – People / Talent / Culture

I'm so sorry you hadn't received feedback from us. With candidates who are presented by an external agency/recruiter, it is normally that external recruiter who is tasked with sharing our feedback... More