Reliance Star Payment Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reliance Star Payment Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wantagh, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reliance Star Payment Services (Wantagh, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was well balanced in that there was a give and take. If you listen closely, they provide alot of good information about the company, its goals, what they are looking for in a new hire.

Interview Questions

• For the customer service interview, they wanted you to read one of their scripts which described in a clear way what service was being offered to the caller, a number of important disclosures and a check to make sure the customer understood the content. It was a test to see how you might sound on a live call. There weren't any curve balls and they wanted you to know about the company, the daily routine, training available and possibilities for upward/lateral movement within the company. Promoting from within was an important point for me, among others.   1 Answer
    • I had time gaps in my resume which they wanted to know about.   1 Answer

Client Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Star Payment Services (Great Neck, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Mostly asked how my current employer does things. It seems she just wanted to get your knowledge and pick your brain for herself to become better. Her husband walked me around the office, trying to show it off, but there were about 50 cubicles with just 7 people there in hem.

Interview Questions

• How does the current company you work does this, that, etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation, she simply said I can only pay you this amount.

Reliance Star Payment Services Response

Jan 13, 2017 – National Recruiter

Thank you for the review. The process stated above is not the normal practice as of now. As of now we have taken the interview process in a different direction. We do like to understand your... More

Merchant Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reliance Star Payment Services (Great Neck, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

tons of behavioral questions and sales question. you have to prepare very well about yourself. Also, recommend you to watch some youtube videos about canvassing. It is helpful that the manner should help you. The CEO will also ask you tons of questions about yourself that you should be able to answer it without a hesitation. I think the interview is very tedious yet helpful.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Every crazy thing you read about this company is true. I think the positive ones are fake. I was hesitant to go to the interview after reading the negative(true) reviews but decided to at least test the waters. Surely enough! They did and exhibited everything the reviews said they would. The president is horribly mean and condescending. I could NEVER imagine working for this lady. I would follow everyone's advice and RUUUUUUUUN!!!

Interview Questions

• What's sales strategies does your current company used????????   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Reliance Star Payment Services (Great Neck, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Very fast, simply asked questions on how my current company operations. Showed me around the office. I didn't realize until after, they sold the job and company very well.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Star Payment Services.

Interview

First day in person talk (behavior questions), next day skill test - gave you a list of clients' contacts and learned about these clients' needs, and provided strategies to their business

Salesman Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Star Payment Services in December 2014.

Interview

Very detailed oriented, a very intellectual interview process with thought provoking questions to keep you on your toes. It's very challenging yet pleasing to go through the process. However to go through the process and a sense of accomplishing what was asked of me was very satisfying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reliance Star Payment Services in December 2014.

Interview

I was first interviewed over the phone, did personality test, and two 1:1 interviews in addition to one company introduction day. Through the entire process, the interviewers were kind, sincere and informative to me. I was able to understand the business, culture and climate of the company through the interview. In addition, they explained in details regarding job requirements so that I was able to evaluate myself if I fit into the requirements.

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reliance Star Payment Services (Great Neck, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was first done by John Kim, the owner's husband. He is the managing Partner of the company. He first showed me around the office, which I thought was very strange, it's as if he was trying to sell me the company so I would be excited to take a job offer. Then I was interviewed by his wife, Fenella Kim, who seemed super nice, but too nice, I soon figured she was fake. She presented the company in an outstanding way, too good. She talked about how great the company was doing and about all the expected growth. I was working at my present job which was a very long commute, so I took the offer, which was less than what I was making prior. But I figured it would match up with the shorter commute.

Interview Questions

• How would you make the company grow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation, they said they can only pay a certain amount and that was it.

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Reliance Star Payment Services in July 2011.

Interview

The Human resource contacted me and set up an appointment with me. I was to show up the next day. At the interview, there were already 5 candidates ahead of me. All of them were seeking a job, while I was looking for an interview. The interview consisted of mainly "tell me about yourself" and resume questions. The internship was non-paid. The interview was short and easy.

Interview Questions

• Why are you suitable for this company? What do you hope to gain?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary part was non-negotiatiable. However, at that time, I was a high school student, so it made sense that they did not pay me. First, you will go through a training phase in which you will not get paid, and the company can drop you within the first month if they see you not suitable. I would say you can not negotiate at reliance star.