Renaissance Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Renaissance Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Hotels (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy process. Be personable and relatable but still maintain a level of professionalism during the interview. Having experience is a plus but not necessarily needed, because I believe personality is key.

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Renaissance Hotels (Portsmouth, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

The process took about Three hours I interviewed with the Manager first then the human resource manager then the general manager . Accepted the job offer. The whole process was pretty easy he management was very friendly from beginning to end. They asked pretty basic interview questions . what where your previous customer service experiences availability how well I know the local area.

Interview Questions

• Where would I recommend a guest to eat at? in the local area   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Renaissance Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

Call back was within a few days. Interview was simple; hiring manager and human resources were there. Asked average questions about experience and how it relates to the position. Hiring manager was quite engaging and although nerve-wracking the process had done smoothly. I was asked to wait outside and then received my job offer. I did a swab test after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you taught someone something new   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had scheduling changes at the last minute   Answer Question

Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Renaissance Hotels (Charleston, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

Used the typical Marriott interview process and made you answer questions in a specific format. Described what I would be doing in the internship (which was completely different than the original job description). A bit awkward to have 3 people interview me at once.

Interview Questions

• What has been the hardest guest experience you have had?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Renaissance Hotels.

Interview

Called back within days of applying, went through three rounds in one sitting and was hired on the spot. The three rounds were with 3 levels of managers, all asked the same realm of questions

Interview Questions

• What qualifications you had for the position   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Renaissance Hotels (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. They pretty much just want to know do you have the ability to work at a fast paste while give 100% cleanliness. You interview with a few people but once your in everything will become very easy to you

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Hotels (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews with them. First was with manager and second was with director. Both of them were very friendly and did every possible thing to make me feel comfortable. Manager ask me about my present job and about my studies. Then he asked me few behavioral interview questions. The questions were very common interview questions and related to my present work. He gave me enough time to think and answer.
    I was called next day for my second interview which was with the director. He was very friendly. He just introduced himself and talk about my studies, my likes and hobbies. And at the end few common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you want this job?
      Tell me a difficult situation at your present job and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Hotels (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

It was short and brief and you can tell they were just hiring to fill spots because the property was being switched from corporate to franchise. It was lengthy once hired coupled with the drug screening and a few weeks long training that was a bit discombobulated.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to work the described hours?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Renaissance Hotels (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was to ask about my experience and inform me of the position. It was unclear of where to meet the HR agent as I did not know of the back entrance to the M level of the hotel. Was left in the Lobby for 30 min waiting.
    Second interview was a drug test using a mouth swab and a tour of the hotel

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Hotels (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through ad on craigslist and then was called a few days later for a face to face interview. It was a friendly chat with both HR representative and manager. I was called by the HR representative and offered the job a few days later. I started training about 2 weeks after the job offer and had to come in to fill out some paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you have encountered previously and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation