Revature Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revature (Houston, TX).

Interview

Questions will all be a breeze if you listened during your freshman programming courses. It is just a preliminary interview to see if you know a little bit of programming. Once you get in, you will go through programming boot camp.

Interview Questions

• What is a setter/ what is a getter? What is their purpose?   4 Answers

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Revature (Abilene, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

The extent of which I got to experience the interview was the phone-screening. I was asked if I had a bachelors degree. I replied no. A bachelors degree was required for the position. They concluded the phone-call immediately after.

Currently I am a student working on the degree. I am near the end of my associates program. I intend on completing my bachelors in 2019.

Since their talent acquisition focuses primarily on the degree program despite the RavaturePRO training sites existence, I am no longer recommending their platform or materials. Their evaluations test educated people who were already taught how to write computer programs.

After my bachelors program I have no intention on applying for this company again. A degree doesn't measure the 12-16 hour day cycles that I spent on the computer with personal development projects pulled up on my monitors and books about computer programming on my desk or references to those books online. That has been my life since 14. Fe: A modern read of mine was Cuda Core Programming for Software Engineers.

Beware, this company is so proud that they have construed values.

Interview Questions

• Just for the bachelors degree.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Revature.

Interview

A fairly brief interview taken over the web which was performed by an India branch. I was interviewed on my technical skills 3 days after they accepted my initial application.

Interview Questions

• Describe two pillars of Object Oriented Programming   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revature in June 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty simple and straight forward. You speak with a recruiter and give a little background information. Then he will ask some technical questions and get a feel for what it is you can do. If you pass this part then you will have a webcam interview. Some pre-training is provided as well to prepare you.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Revature.

Interview

Was contacted by text message first, not phone or email...where I was unable to reply. The text tells you to call a number...which I did and was left on hold 4 times for over 10 minutes each. 2 days later, I finally spoke with someone named Richard. Richard proceeded to tell me that I ( 2 weeks after graduation) am too qualified for the entry level position. When I tried to tell him that I am entry level, he said he will push my resume on for more positions that fit my skill level...which is...entry level?

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Revature in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was relatively short. The interviewer just asked a bunch of definition questions instead of actual coding questions, which made me question the purpose of the interview as the interviewer did not ask any questions that showed my ability to code.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revature.

Interview

There was an initial phone call where I answered some brief questions about my background, then I was transferred to a technical recruiter. After a conversation about my technical skills, we set up a time for the technical interview. This interview consisted of some mostly conceptual questions about java and was a video call on the computer. After a few days, they called back with the results of the technical interview and offered the position.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revature (Denver, CO) in May 2018.

Interview

They promote the job like it is in your area, but then they give you a call and explain that you would need to relocate to the east coast for training for 6 months, then where ever they want for 2 years.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Revature (Reston, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was somewhat easy. I applied on the website and received a call the next day. I was given some information on the company as far as what they have to offer and how the program works, also setup a technical phone interview. They help you out by sending a study guide to prepare. The technical phone screen isn't hard if you know about OOP, Java, and maybe some SQL/HTML/CSS. After passing that I had a skype interview which went well. If you can present yourself as a decent person you'll be fine.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revature (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview lasts about 15 -20 minutes.

You can easily answer most of the interview questions if you study the prep guide sent by the HR

the interview questions will cover all topics in the study guide.

Interview Questions

• Q: what is the difference between Set and Map

Q: what is CSS and why use it ?

Q: what is your favorite part in the project?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Interview

The interview is 15-20 minutes of questions on java/sql/HTML/css. They won't give you feedback right up front, they will send it to you later. Don't worry about answering every question right, they just want you to answer some