Revolution Prep Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Revolution Prep Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First step is recruiter phone interview. Next you get 8 pages of material and 1 day to create a PowerPoint presentation live via video conference which must be memorized. Then 2 video interviews with managers. Then a computer skills assessment. Next is a 50 question quiz about their product. Seemed to me things that should've been covered in training and not expected to be known before you get hired. They give you a 51 page study guide and 1 day to learn it. The quiz is video and screen share monitored by a manager and it's closed-notes. An exceptional score is 80% so it's very challenging. Many (if not most) of the questions are not on the study guide. They also wanted me to give my current employer less than 2 weeks notice. No offer after all those hoops but perhaps I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview from all 3 managers, no really challenging or traditional interview questions. Mostly about my resume and background.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone screen, then a 2 hour coding challenge, then took a 2 hour IQ test/personality test, and then a 2 hour on-site whiteboard interview.

The people were really nice and the environment was impressive and start-up-like. Most of the interview/code challenge questions were pretty relevant to the job and reasonable. Overall interview process was pretty time consuming.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (El Monte, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Screening interview via phone,I left a good impression during the phone interview. I followed up a couple times to check on my status via email and phone, but never heard back from the recruiter. This is really unprofessional of the company since the recruiter informed me that she will let me know later about my status.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me little bit about your background?
      Why do you want to work for Revolution Prep?
      Why does the company need to hire you?   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolution Prep in March 2017.

Interview

I would encourage tutors in the strongest possible terms NOT to work for Revolution Prep.
     Went through 3 interviews and an extensive job training BEFORE getting the job offer (a weird loophole for Rev Prep to pay employees only $300 for the week of training. When they finally sent the job offer, it was $12 less per hour than I had been verbally promised, and the Rev Prep employees I talked to were incredibly sketchy about it. I ended up rejecting the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (New York, NY).

Interview

Intense interview process:
    1. Application, where you have to have at minimum a degree from a top-50 university
    2. Create YouTube video of yourself teaching something to someone
    3. Skype interview
    4. Personality test
    5. Score high enough(?) on one Reading and one Math section from an SAT (provided)

Interview Questions

• If you had one day with unlimited funds, no obligations, and a teleporter at your disposal, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Can you think of at least five ways to use a pencil that don't involve writing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The initial application required submission of an instructional video online. I was then invited for a fifteen-minute interview online via Zoom, in which I was asked about my experience, response to criticism, and teaching philosophy. Once I moved on to the next stage, I took a skills test (ACT) and was invited for a week-long training session online. At the end of the week, I was offered a contract.

Interview Questions

• They asked about experience, willingness to work full-time, educational philosophy   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted a fairly detailed survey about my education and experience, and a short teaching demo video. The interview was a 30-minute online one with 2 directors. They asked some warm-up questions, asked about some specific positive teaching experiences and about my openness to feedback, and told me about their expecations, and asked how questions to see how on-board I'd be with those.
    I had to take one of those awful personality assessments, and one that seemed to test intelligence/ math and word knowledge, but I can't remember if that was before or after the online interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 10 ways to use a pencil, other than to write and to erase. (I think they usually ask what you would do in a day if money and travel time were no object, but I didn't get that one.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Confusing, tedious, grilling, lots of work. Human Resources person was very nice. Sales manager new, not really familiar with details, next interview was with someone who had been there for eight years, then another new guy.

Interview Questions

• Prepare slide presentation, prepare for and pass tricky multiple choice test, get to know you conversations with at least four team members before the final stage. Different people, same questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Application, Phone Interview, Phone Interview #2, Online personality assessment, Skype Interview, Skype Interview #2, Oral Presentation via Skype to 3 Managers, Online Proctored Rev Prep Assessment, Possible Offer Letter. The process was arduous and long. We were reimbursed $100 for the 10-20 hour study period.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought I could sell.   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first received a phone interview which lasted for about 30 minutes. Then the next day I was called in for an in person interview. It was a 4 part interview which consisted of talking to several upper level managers along with the CEO. It also included a 10 minute long technical test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, why should we hire you, and where do you see yourself in the next few years,   1 Answer