Rocketship Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Rocketship Public Schools

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rocketship Public Schools

Found 31 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (United States)

Interview

The interview process was very organized. For the third interview a demo lesson and data analysis was requested. This is a very data driven school. The team interview team was very friendly and happy to answer questions.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to teach a lesson on zoom while they role played as a student.
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (San Jose, CA) in Oct 2020

Interview

Applied online and was invited to a 30 minute phone interview where a recruiter gave me an overview of the company and position and then asked a few basic questions. She also gave me the chance to ask a few questions. Then (because of Covid) I had an hour long interview over Zoom. I met the Principal and Vice Principals of the school the position would be at. I also had to give a mock demo lesson - a game that I would lead for kids. I had prepared a 20 minute lesson, but only got to present about 5 minutes of it before they stopped me to offer feedback and have me start over. Also, the 3 principals all showed up to the interview and left at different times which felt weird too. They asked all pretty basic interview questions as well and didn't really give me a chance to ask any questions about their school or expectations for the position.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? How do you handle conflict? What's a time that you received negative feedback? How did you handle it?
Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (San Jose, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

There was a friendly phone interview that was about 15-20 min long, where I was asked basic interview questions. I then got another interview where there was a bit of planning involved. It was online due to Covid but I had to act out different scenarios.

Interview Questions
Rocketship Public Schools
Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (San Jose, CA) in Mar 2020

Interview

I've been through two phone interviews. They were fairly easy. My next interview is an on campus interview. Recruiters have been supportive and friendly through the process. A lot of information is provided. Make sure to write down notes and ask as many questions as you can.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you were met with a challenge at work. How did you resolve it?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (Washington, DC) in Mar 2020

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview within one week of applying. I’m so dissapoynted in how rude the interviewer was and chose not to continue with the process. She was utterly disrespectful, clearly in a rush, and continued to cut me off throughout the experience. The scripted interview questions were basic but it was the tone and seemingly “rushed experience” that discouraged me from wanting to be apart of this org.

Interview Questions
Rocketship Public Schools
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (United States) in Oct 2019

Interview

Inclusive, school is like family, state of the art building, feels like an actual school not an institution , friendly staff, upper management was super helpful and welcoming, kids were happy to be in school,

Interview Questions
  • Are you comfortable with working with a certain age group.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Application

I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (San Jose, CA)

Interview

They were extremely unprofessional scheduling and rescheduling the interview. I had a date and time set at last and they never showed up to the interview. I thought because I was doing a video interview maybe the times got mixed up so I contacted them and received no response. They had me prepare to answer questions on different students reading ability which I extensively prepared for. Over all a complete waste of my time. I have never experienced such strange unprofessional communication.

Interview Questions
  • Had me prepare how I would help students advance in their reading comprehension as well as split them into groups according to abilities etc.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (United States)

Interview

It starts with an informal interview just getting to know you and your reasoning behind wanting to join rocketship. Then they set up a formal phone interview with some questions about your principles and values, some scenarios and how well you understand the needs of children. Then you get invited to do a demo lesson which they provide step by step for you (you can make it your own as well) and give you feedback on strengths and improvements along with more standard interview questions

Interview Questions
Rocketship Public Schools
Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (Antioch, CA) in Jun 2019

Interview

Exciting and fun. The pre interview information was informative and helpful. Knowing what to expect made out less accurate Awkward during the presentation. The recruiter was very efficient and helpful. I love the environment, the mission and the core value system.

Interview Questions
Rocketship Public Schools
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (Washington, DC) in Mar 2019

Interview

Professional, warm, engaing, great students and staff. Lots of data on the history of the schools. School Culture shared. Campus tour afforded. Met Leadership team. Role playing data driven and you must have a commitment that matches the Mission and vision of the school. A great team of committed employers and employees.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 31