Rocketship Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rocketship Public Schools

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter and was then invited out to California to interview with several principals in a group interview setting. I had the chance to talk to one principal on the phone before the interview and I visited three campuses during my visit. I had a few offers coming out of the day and got to choose the campus I wanted to receive my offer from.

Interview Questions

• Asked to review sample data and give suggestions about what next steps to take for students.   1 Answer

Special Education Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools.

Interview

Started with a phone screen which lasted for 15 mins, progressed to in-person interview with a panel of 4 people in total. The interview lasted for 30 mins. Emma Yusuf made it very comfortable. Excellent, and dedicated team!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools in July 2018.

Interview

I had an informational phone call with a recruiter who then set up a phone call interview. The second round of interview was video chat with the principal of the school I was applying for. This interview included lesson plan prep along with data analysis.

Interview Questions

• Should teachers be payed based on performance?   1 Answer

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (Antioch, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Exciting and fun. The pre interview information was informative and helpful. Knowing what to expect made out less accurate
    Awkward during the presentation. The recruiter was very efficient and helpful. I love the environment, the mission and the core value system.

Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Discovery Bay, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (Discovery Bay, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Email with interest in my application came within days of submitting application. It asked me to briefly respond to 4 basic questions to determine a fit for interviewing. The first interview via Videochat was uncomfortable and unprofessional. I felt the interviewer lacked basic skills & failed to steer the conversation productively. It also seemed I was interrupting a private coffee break at a stranger's house to interview for a professional position. Not impressed :/

Interview Questions

• How would you help a struggling employee improve in their current position? What steps would you take to help develop employees underneath you who are not performing? How would you approach changing an employee's assignment if they were not capable of succeeding in their current position.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Interview

Passed phone screen, had in person final interview with higher up which was the worst interview I had ever been on in my entire life. Rude, demeaning, unprofessional. They really should consider having an HR representative present when these interviews are conducted, it might save them a lot of money with future lawsuits. Peculiar irrelevant questions such as "do you own a phone?" Quickly after sitting down, "you're not the person I'm looking for in a candidate." Ok... why did you have me jump through all your hoops to sit in front of you? I was kind and polite all throughout the interview, but completely shocked/confused/offended upon it's completion-relieved that I was not offered a position to work there. I would not want to work for any organization that thrives in these kinds of values. Ironic, given the mission of this organization. Anyone interviewing or considering working here-beware, verbally abusive, demeaning, rude is the company culture here. Proceed with caution-or in my case run. Dodge the bullet. Lastly- I would want to say to this organization and it's higher ups- I clearly understand the notion that this is an employers market which may give you the idea that it's ok to treat people like crap- but it's not. It's never ok. It will be the demise of your organization because it contradicts the roots it was established upon. Here's a thought for the genius questions I was given. Maybe if you took a flek of your inflated salaries and put it towards implementing an actual procedure in hiring people based on skills and integrity, passion and backround, instead of their endurance to rudeness, harassment disrespect and pointless insults- you wouldn't have the turnover you do, be facing the struggles you are, and would have a rocketship that is propelling forward with the fuel of positivity instead of backwards with backwards people.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (Washington, DC) in March 2019.

Interview

Professional, warm, engaing, great students and staff. Lots of data on the history of the schools. School Culture shared. Campus tour afforded. Met Leadership team. Role playing data driven and you must have a commitment that matches the Mission and vision of the school. A great team of committed employers and employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How did you learn about the company?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools.

Interview

It starts with an informal interview just getting to know you and your reasoning behind wanting to join rocketship. Then they set up a formal phone interview with some questions about your principles and values, some scenarios and how well you understand the needs of children. Then you get invited to do a demo lesson which they provide step by step for you (you can make it your own as well) and give you feedback on strengths and improvements along with more standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• How does the opportunity gap affect the future of a child   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (Nashville, TN) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted about 30 minutes which was fairly easy. I then had an f2f interview that lasted about 3 hours! The questions were already typed on paper. If you have had success as a teacher previously, the questions won't be a problem.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a student that didn't do any work during small group activities?   Answer Question

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rocketship Public Schools (Washington, DC) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online through a recruiter. The recruiter coordinated with school leaders to set an interview day and schedule. I arrived at the school site and met with various principals and assistant principals from multiple school campuses. I observed different programs and classrooms throughout the day, including Rocketship's signature morning assembly called "Launch." I was asked to prepare a 20 minute model lesson for a pre-determined grade level and subject; the topic and objective were at my discretion. I had about 5 minutes day of to set up for the lesson. I delivered the lesson to a small group of students while two school leaders observed and filmed the lesson. After the Demo lesson, I debriefed with one of the school leaders and received feedback. This part of the interview focused on instruction and questions centered around my lesson planning process, my response to feedback, and my willingness to receive coaching and implement feedback. Another part of the interview focused on culture and mindset, and questions asked me to describe times when I worked in team settings, when I had to make difficult choices, or when I had made a mistake. An additional interview session involved a Rocketship parent, who asked me questions about my qualifications and experience and how I would handle misbehaving students.

Interview Questions

• Is is better to do something well or on time?   1 Answer
    • How would you use data in your classroom to help a struggling student?   Answer Question