Roundy's Supermarkets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Roundy's Supermarkets

2.2

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Three interview process. First interview is phone interview with HR, second with a direct supervisor, third interview with department head. I only did the first two interviews. Phone interview was very traditional ("tell me about XYZ job," etc.) The first In-person interview was scheduled for two weeks after the phone interview. Two days before the in-person interview, HR called and gave me some specific questions to prepare for and other talking points. I really appreciated this as it helped me prepare efficiently. The in-person interview lasted over an hour and was very formulaic. The interviewer explained that every candidate is asked the same questions so that they have fair evaluations. They asked about high and low points of high school, high and low points of college, and strengths and weaknesses for every job listed on my resume. They also asked about study habits during school, who my role models were, and other questions in that same vein. Was notified that I was not moving to the final interview three weeks after the in-person interview. Whole process took two months.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about your high school study habits, activities, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called me about possible job opportunity and application. After an initial phone screen a group/panel interview date was set. Interview lasted around 90 minutes, until one of the interviewers received an emergency email/phone call.
    Interview focused more on my college and high school lifestyle, GPA and former teachers/managers than my previous position.
    I often got the feeling by body movements that I was wasting their time with my answers, yet they kept asking the same questions. What does my high school life have to do with how I work on a daily basis, especially if I have been out of high school for over 15 years?
    They suggested carpools to save money, since parking seems to be at a minimum. And asked if I wanted to meet those I could possibly carpool with...
    A second interview was set up and cancelled the evening before due to a last minute meeting.
    3 days later I received an email stating that they were no longer going to be interviewing me and would be going another direction with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• If we called your manager from 2003 today, what would they say about you?   1 Answer
    • What was high school GPA and who did you look up to in high school?   1 Answer

Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very professional with great follow up. Made me feel at ease. i like the casual atmosphere and the store was well stocked and very clean. Do some basic research on the company to understand the history and all the changes going on since 2000. This will be an exciting opportunity. Good lyck to you and I hope I get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Roundy's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grafton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Grafton, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

Application process is all online at picknsave.com. You begin with initial interview along with some simple math testing. Then you are called in for full interview with management. You are asked basic questions about your skills and experience with retail. After job offer you begin cashier training on the computer to help become familiar with the cashier experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Green Bay, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by phone interview within 4-5 days after completing online application. Phone interview lasted about 20 min. From there we scheduled an in-store interview 2 days later. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes, and the manager just basically asked me everything from my study habits in high school to my work ethic and how my peers and previous employers would rate me. Was a simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time where you solved a problem,

Think of a time where you received great customer support in a grocery store.

What are examples of when you get frustrated?

What are excuses for being late for work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for $.50 more

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Plymouth, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

I went in for one interview and was basically asked my availability and how many hours I wanted. It was a 5-10 minute interview and I was hired a few days later.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Appleton, WI) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 people, the store director and upper stocking manager.

Interview Questions

• What did you not like about your last job? What were your strengths with your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fitchburg, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Fitchburg, WI) in December 2011.

Interview

I did a phone interview with assistant manager and a physical interview with manager and got hired 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No its a minimum wage job.

Anonymous Employee in Stevens Point, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Stevens Point, WI) in October 2010.

Interview

They asked questions, I answered. They laid out a scenario, I told them what I would do in that situation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Plymouth, MN).

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. The turnover rate was fairly high, yet I didn't get asked a lot of questions about my abilities. I applied online and received an email for a time to show up for an interview. Their was some miscommunication on the interview time though and they thought I was late even though the email said the time I arrived.