Roundy's Supermarkets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.2

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

2 interviews. first is with a corporate HR rep. She went over the resume and connected the career parts she had questions on.The second is with the people looking to fill a position. They ask about specific tasks performed in positions related and when they aren't any there, ask about attitudes in dealing with work situations.

Interview Questions

• Ask about work history. Ask about skills used in similar positions, and knowledge of equipment they use.   Answer Question

Project Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Pewaukee, WI).

Interview

Performed a computer test the same day I interviewed. Also performed a test on the calculator to determine if I was able to add numerous numbers. Interviewed with the Director of Engineering and company Controller separately. Interview process was short and direct. Outcome was favorable.

Category Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews scheduled and only received one of them. I was left waiting way past the time of my interview. When I entered the room I was given the 3rd degree as to how I acquired the interview. The person giving the interview left the room for a phone call half way through. I was told there were no current openings at the time even though it was and still is posted as an open position. I was also sharply questioned as to how familiar I was with various computer programs. The interviewer came off as very arrogant and seemed to be speaking down to me the entire time. Then at one point in a very condescending way he asked me, "what I want to be when I grow up?"

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be when you grow up? Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for Roundy's? What's your dream job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. Roundy's HR called and we had a phone interview within a week. Then 3 onsite interviews including CIO. Technical interview was real easy. A week latter I got an offer. They stressed the fact that I was being hired in senior position. As if I was going to take the job otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. However other areas within IT may have tougher interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was only able to negotiate an extra week of vacation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Plymouth, MN).

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. The turnover rate was fairly high, yet I didn't get asked a lot of questions about my abilities. I applied online and received an email for a time to show up for an interview. Their was some miscommunication on the interview time though and they thought I was late even though the email said the time I arrived.

Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very professional with great follow up. Made me feel at ease. i like the casual atmosphere and the store was well stocked and very clean. Do some basic research on the company to understand the history and all the changes going on since 2000. This will be an exciting opportunity. Good lyck to you and I hope I get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Roundy's?   1 Answer

Produce Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and in-person where I was asked many of the same questions over the phone as well as in person. The store manager as well as an Human Resources person interviewed me a total of three times with the Human Resources person conducting two of the three interviews and the store manager conducting the other.

Store Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

The people are very nice. The opportunity seemed great. The location unfortunately does not work for me is that I cannot relocate my family. The company has a lot of opportunity. You meet with a very nice team of people. The company has huge aspirations and is the type of environment I would like to be a part of. Highly recommend the company exhibition point

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my background. They asked me about what I accomplished. They asked me questions that would indicate whether I would be prepared for advancement. Great overall experience.   Answer Question

The location did not work for me my family. Thought the company was great.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Madison, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview to see progressing trends in life choices and how one applies their experiences in their lives. Also asks about customer service experiences and expectations, how to handle difficult situations, and how you deal with dueling commitments/ambiguity.

Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets (Waukesha, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Very quick response to my resumé submission. Phone interview and in person interview all happened within a week. In person felt quite intimidating. Very personable at first, but very straight faced and down to business as soon as the interview started. Offered a lead position.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions asked to potential manager. Describe your strengths and weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question