Royal Caribbean Group Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 264 of over 264 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Royal Caribbean Group

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Group (Miami, FL)

Interview

Basic interview question and roles. Gave scenarios and ask questions about licenses. Very nice interview. 3 levels of interviews. Remote as well. Want to know about willingness to be gone for two months from home and previous experience

Interview Questions
  • Give us a scenario that this applies to
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bridgetown

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Group (Bridgetown) in May 2022

Interview

Kind Interviewers, comfortable process. The interview was not too long. Show your personality and you will be fine. I had to fill out a medical form and afterwards an appointment was made for me to get my medical done the following week. At the end they gave me a pen and bag tag for my first assignment.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work on a cruise ship

Anonymous Employee in Seoul

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Group (Seoul)

Interview

I took twice interview for my position. first interview takes 20 minutes. and second interview takes 30minutes. I apply in Korea. in Korea, there is Royal Caribbean outsourcing company. I used this company. they help me to have a chance for interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Group (Miami, FL) in Apr 2022

Interview

Days from application date to rejection notice: 65 Number of total interviews: 7 Total hours spent on a 65-day process: 12 This was the slowest, least communicative, least professional hiring process I've encountered in my 15-year career. Be very careful applying to either Celebrity or Royal Caribbean as a senior manager unless you are fine running a multi-month, snail-speed process. Highlights Included: - No information about the hiring process and its steps/timeline. You must badger someone to get small tidbits of clues that you can piece together to understand what the process may or may not be. - There is no information at all about salary bands or expected benefits for a role. To get such information, I had to have a "special after hours call" to play a back-and-forth guessing game in order to be told if my salary number "was in the ballpark or not". Literally like a gameshow. Massive lack of respect and transparency for senior candidates' time. - To get any updates on how your 65-day process is moving, expect to have to reach out multiple times on your own accord to get an update. Zero structure, urgency, or expectation-setting from the team. - When given a date or time that you should expect communication from the team, expect that timeline to be blown. It was blown every single time I was told "you'll hear from someone tomorrow" or "we'll line up the interviews in the next 48 hours". Most deadlines they set for themselves they blew past, makes sense why they can't communicate what to expect from the process. It's not at all clear that they understand how to run a tight, professional process. - The interview case study prompt was one line of obscure text without any data sets or accompanying information. If you ask for more data to understand their company and/or ships for example, the answer was "just look at the website". Overview: I've never recommended someone to not apply to a company before, but I have to raise a major red flag here on both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean so that other senior managers who come from tightly-run organizations know what they're getting into here. It's slower to apply here than the US State Department (who I've worked for previously), it's quite hard to be that opaque and bureaucratic as a private company, but Royal/Celebrity seem to have achieved that. Aside from the bizarre process, the people were generally really nice and the company seems like it's trying to rejuvenate itself. Hopefully it can find ways to figure out how to operate with more transparency/urgency.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Royal Caribbean Group

Application

I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Group

Interview

I applied to the company online , shortly after, they sent me an email asking if I was still interested in working with them and I did an interview on Skype.

Interview Questions
  • About my experience for this position

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Group (Jakarta) in Mar 2022

Interview

interview will be walk-in interview by agency as a first step,after you passing the interview,it will be continuing interview by users from the foreigner and all the interview using the english language and also you have to do one more step if you are passing the interview by user,so next will be going to the marlin test as a last step

Interview Questions
  • how do you see yourself 5 years ahead

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Group (Buenos Aires) in Mar 2022

Interview

La entrevista fue muy amena. Preguntas relacionadas al puesto, como por ejemplo, como reaccionarias ante ciertas dificultades que puedan presentarse aparte de una descripción de unos mismo . La entrevistadora fue muy amable, además.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Group (Miami, FL) in Mar 2022

Interview

Step number 1 - Submit Job Application, Step number 2 -Phone Screen with Recruiter (30 min), Step number 3 - Virtual Interview with Hiring Manager (45 min), Step number 4 - Offer made by Recruiter. Virtual interview with department Vice President was bypassed

Interview Questions
  • Describe your previous work related experience, identify strengths that could be an asset to the team, what attracted you about the company

Royal Caribbean Group

Application

I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Group

Interview

They wanted to get to know me and what interested me about the different roles I held. Interview was casual and more of a personality aptitude interview, not neccessarily a technical interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why am I seeking a different role?
2 people found this interview helpful

Royal Caribbean Group

Application

I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Group

Interview

Tedious and inconsiderate. Considering the prospective staff are looking for jobs to pay them better, the hiring partners in Africa are very few, the approved medical facilities in Africa are too few. They should forge relationships with doctors around the world. Going for a table test to a foreign country, only to go back to do a medical examination.

Interview Questions
  • Previous work Experience, and skills
Viewing 1 - 10 of 264 Interviews

Royal Caribbean Group Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Royal Caribbean Group as 69.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.56 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Service Representative and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Assistant Waiter and Youth Staff roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Royal Caribbean Group takes an average of 29 days when considering 235 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Assistant Waiter had the quickest hiring process (on average 31 days), whereas Intern roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 46 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Royal Caribbean Group according to 235 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 20.76%