Rylem Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2016

2.5

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rylem (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

After being submitted by an internal recruiter I went through a pair of phone screens (recruiter and hiring manager) before coming to an on-site interview with 7 other candidates. We were given some information about Boolean strings and asked to study up on it. The hiring manager gave us a job description and asked us to write a couple strings for them. We took some time to get to know the others in our group and then had a couple 15-minute sessions with some internal employees (very helpful!).

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer doing research or talking on the phone?
      How would you compose a Boolean string to search for a candidate for this job?

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rylem.

Interview

Pretty easy, basic questions. Just asked about my prior experience, how I would handle certain situations individually and in a group. Stuff like that. Also asked how flexible I was willing to be in taking jobs outside of my preferred field.

Interview Questions

• If you had a coworker who was unwilling or uncooperative in working with you, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Junior Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rylem (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

their interview process is divided into 3 levels. The best part about interview in Rylem is that you get to meet the whole team and people there.
    1. phone interview.
    2. in Office interview
    3. Group interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions in 1 and 2 interview are mostly behavioral and situation based.
      3 round of interview is a bit technical and you need to go through the pdf provided by them.
      1. how do you attract someone for a job opportunity.
      2. what is Boolean search?
      3. what is technology according to you.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rylem (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Super chill - really easy to talk to everyone. It wasn't the most formal of experiences. You just get assigned a room and a stream of 5 or 6 current employees ask you a set of questions (HR, recruiters, maybe an owner). You're interviewing with ALL potential candidates, so you get to meet your competition. You get snacks and a break to interact and mingle with everyone.

Interview Questions

• - What does "technology" mean to you?
      - What is the difference between an 'active' and a 'passive' candidate?
      - What was your favorite Halloween costume?

...and all the other generic interview questions you can think of

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rylem (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

A segmented, formal interview and screening process in order to be submitted to a contract role.

Source person for initial phone contact, followed by a generic on-site group overview (delivery needs polish--public speaking requires diction and a regulated speed of delivery) with other candidates, followed by a 1-on-1 with a placement recruiter who walks you through suggested resume format, along with test interview questions prior to being introduced in a future appointment with their client for a telephone or in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a weakness or failure, describe a success: scenario, task, action, results (what you learned about yourself or the job)   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rylem (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

First round interview was to meet with recruiters in their office to discuss job description, qualifications, priorities in job search and corporate culture.
    Second round interview onsite with hiring manager with more technical questions and examples of prior duties.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions.
      Went over resume with specific examples of tasks and job duties.
      Top 3 priorities in job search.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rylem (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen, that was just me and the recruiting coordinator. Then an in-person loop on site in the office in Pioneer Square. I first met with 2 people at once (Coordinator & Manager), then a 1:1(Sr. Partner). The phone screen was straight forward, the in-person was more behavioral.

Interview Questions

• A: What can you tell me that's not on your resume?   1 Answer

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rylem (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

One phone screen, a group interview that lasted about an hour where we tackled some sourcing exercises as a group, then we split off into individuals and had a rotating interview with 4 or 5 internal employees. It was fun and fairly quick!

Interview Questions

• We had to do one sourcing exercise where we were provided with a bit of limited information about a candidate and we then had to find said candidate on the internet based only on those one or two pieces of information.   1 Answer

Candidate for Manager Role At Their Client Company Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rylem (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Was recruited via LinkedIn. Cold calls don't often play out, but I was impressed to be contacted almost immediately after responding to their email. The phone recruiter asked good screening questions that included specifics of their client company and the role they sought to fill. I was scheduled for an in-person appointment for the next day. I then met with four members of their team. While some people find a panel interview difficult, I appreciated the time efficiency of that approach. They were very clear about next steps in presenting me to the client company.

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rylem.

Interview

A recruiter for Amazon approached me about some job opportunities. I went through three phone interviews with Amazon and heard nothing back. About a week later a person at Rylem emailed me saying her colleague at Amazon had given her my information and she told me I didn’t get the position at Amazon. You can imagine I was upset. I found out through a third party that I didn’t get a job at Amazon and that my personal CONFIDENTIAL information had been given out by Amazon to a third party. Rylem has inside people at Amazon feeding them confidential information on candidates. This must be part of the unethical practices that I see other reviews on.

Interview Questions

• Do you know where I got your information?   1 Answer