Cover image for Rylem

57% Recommend to a Friend
76% Approve of CEO

Found 68 of over 93 reviews

3.4
Rylem Managing Partner Mike Dades (no image)
Mike Dades

Technical Account Manager

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Both great opportunities that look even greater on my resume.(in 6 reviews)
  • "& Benefits are also pros!(in 5 reviews)
  • "The culture has changed and evolved a lot over my time at Rylem, and it is admittedly, in flux at the moment, but the company has a great core of young salespeople and recruiters that are driven and excited, and will make great mentors for you if you're looking for your first step into the world of agency recruiting.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Friendly and prompt staff(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Sep 9, 2020 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company! I learned more since I joined Rylem!

Cons

Great company to work for!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazon

Mar 2, 2021 - Human Resources Advisor in Port Richey, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Recruiter was the best They answer your emails asap They really care about you

Cons

Pay is to small for the job I am doing

3. Join the Rylem team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Temp agency

Mar 9, 2021 - CRC Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Get you started right away

Cons

No cons for me at this time

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Software Development Contractor with Rylem

Sep 13, 2019 - Software Developer in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The internal interview was professional and focused on more than the technical aspects of the position I was looking for. They really seemed interested in my goals as a person and in making a good fit with me and company that I would be working for. When they sent me to the onsite interview I had a solid idea of what that company was looking for and confidence that I was at least a solid match. After taking the contract I've found that Rylem is a small company with big benefits, certainly on par or better than the majority of the large contracting agencies I had been working with. Their hourly rate was also near the top of what other agencies were offering. They are also great at following up to make sure that all is going well and that I have what I need to be successful in the position. They are very personable and personal. I feel free to talk to the CEO any time should I need to and my initial contact recruiter still touches base with me at least once a week. I don't think you would find that any where else.

Cons

They don't have quite the reach of some of the larger agencies, but this wasn't a downside for me as I was looking for a smaller company where I could have greater impact.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee

No other place I'd rather spend 40hr/week!

Mar 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Let me start by saying I have a lot of work experience in the Seattle eCommerce and Start-up space, and I my career will always be attracted to smaller companies. No corporate, nation-wide, bland work space for me please! With that being said, the first time I walked in the door for my interview I fell in love. Interviewing at other various recruiting agencies was like a series of bad dates, but I knew this was the one! Rylem is located in a wonderful area of Pioneer Square, and the large brick office offers a welcoming and positive energy. I love coming to work every day. My co-workers are helpful, collaborative, funny, and new ideas are encouraged and actually acted on. Management is very involved and always available, even outside of office hours. They promote healthy lifestyles...mentally, emotionally, and physically. And have a "work smarter, not harder" mentality. There is a ton of room from grow and I believe this is a very good time to be at Rylem. Our vision and goals are defined and we're doing a great job working towards them. Honestly, I have NEVER woken up and been bummed to go to work. How many people can say that? Here we pump each other up, move quickly, and there is no other place I'd rather spend my hours!

Cons

Outside recruiters recruiting our internal staff! (But I guess that's a compliment)

2 people found this review helpful

Rylem Response

Recruiter

We love the kind words! Thank you for taking the time to draft this review. We appreciate it.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, dedicated staff, has its quirks

Jun 29, 2016 - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was at Rylem for less than a year and I was able to learn the basics and key points of recruiting that I was able to be taken seriously and hired on at a reputable company; it's a place that fosters your motivation to grow (as a recruiter) and perfect sourcing/recruitment practices - Great culture, fun people, awesome senses of humor (the greatest people I have had the opportunity to work with), - Great office (it honestly felt like a second home to me and was incredibly tough to leave) - Very approachable management (the owners are always down to grab coffee and chat) - As long as you're laid back AND have a strong motivation to work/work ethic, you'll be good - It's also a very team-oriented environment, so that's cool - Probably the best work/life balance in town (for sourcers and recruiters; can't really speak on behalf of sales)

Cons

- Management is still working out a few things, so it can seem a little disorganized from time to time - Some of the priorities are a little outdated - Very reliant on VMS, so you don't truly know the reqs or teams that you're recruiting for - 401k package isn't anything to write home about, but the other benefits are good - It's very hierarchical - Not a lot of room for actual career growth (might just be because it's a small company, so you can't blame em')

3 people found this review helpful

Rylem Response

Manager

Hello former Rylemite, we appreciate your open and honest feedback and will take it to heart. It's so great to hear you learned everything you need to know to be able to move onto a better opportunity with larger company. We are glad we were a part of your learning and development process. This is very inspirational especially for those individuals out there looking to get their foot into staffing! We wish you all the best and hope our paths will cross again!

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company, Newly Developing Culture

Mar 26, 2018 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently left my position at Rylem, but have spent the last 3+ years with the company. Rylem is a genuinely fantastic company to work for. At Rylem, your coworkers, supervisors, and (maybe most importantly) the owner, genuinely care about you and your success. Agency staffing isn't easy, but Rylem will give you all of the tools you need to succeed. The culture has changed and evolved a lot over my time at Rylem, and it is admittedly, in flux at the moment, but the company has a great core of young salespeople and recruiters that are driven and excited, and will make great mentors for you if you're looking for your first step into the world of agency recruiting. The owner is also fantastic about working with you directly to find ways to evolve your role and take on more responsibility. Compensation and benefits are also just as good, if not much better, than competing companies.

Cons

Agency staffing is tough, and it's definitely not for everyone. You're much less likely to succeed at Rylem if you're the type of person that needs a ton of direction and hand-holding. This is an environment that lends itself well to "go-getters" and people who can be very self-directed. The company is also pretty small, but you will still have access to more tools and resources than you will find at many much bigger staffing agencies.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great starting point for recruiting career

Nov 10, 2017 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Taking early ownership of your own work - Recruiting training was thorough and had structure, good environment for people who are looking to transition into recruiting or looking for a career straight out of college - Promotes communication (selling, negotiating, diplomacy) and administrative skills - Welcomes new ideas all the time - Small company, promotes positivity and collaboration in what is traditionally a competitive, insular line of work - Very goal-oriented culture, not just professional but the owners care about your personal goals too - Encouraged to stay in touch with our candidates post-placement - Some group activities I liked were the book club, game night, boat day & bbq in the summer - Fast promotion and salary increases in the first year, decent benefits

Cons

- Rylem welcomes all kinds of personalities, but to be successful in agency-style recruiting, you definitely have to have driven, scrappy, and competitive. Not competitive in the sense you're racing against your coworkers, but recruiters from other agencies. This kind of mentality encourages interacting with candidates and clients before/after work hours, which could interfere with work/life balance. - Sales (business development) is clearly the toughest area, you have to be the kind of person who doesn't mind going after thin leads and cold-calling, as well as being very persuasive in-person. - There was a period when all we had were contests (who could call the most, who could make the highest margin, etc.) which were entertaining at first but became annoying and pushy over time.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Jersey Mike

Jul 14, 2015 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people who all used to work there, great food in the area, and alright location. Its really hard to find a silver lining when the owners consistently tell lies to their employees.

Cons

Far too many to count. From the lying owners who don't have a clue, to the shady employees who thrive in a toxic environment. At no point will the owners go out of their way to help develop you into a better version of yourself. They want drones who they can manipulate into doing what THEY want. 90% of the honest, and truly great people who were employed during my time there have since left, and for good reason. The day I quit, rather than thank me for my time there, one of the managing partners decided to threaten me with a lawsuit. My advice to anyone thinking of taking a job internal or external to this company, PLEASE CONTACT PREVIOUS EMPLOYEES OF RYLEM ON LINKED IN!! I can almost guarantee you that they will all say the same thing. Also, they claim this is a "Woman owned business", but all that means is they worked an angle for the Microsoft VMS by putting the company in the name of the owners, since divorced, wife.....like I said, they are liars

21 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Former Employee

Special place. Great team!

Mar 3, 2019 - Technical Recruiter in South Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I consider my time at Rylem very special. It was a great place to work and I enjoyed it immensely. We were provided with ALL the sourcing tools I could ask for...LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, CareerBuilder, Dice, Monster...internal training. In my 20+ years in the industry, I've never worked for an org that supplied me with this many tools! It really made a difference. I was able to leave no stone unturned in my search for top tier tech talent. Owner is very generous and always treated me fairly. We worked hard and played hard and it paid off. It's hard work, but it's also great fun. Stressful at times but that's agency life. Great team. Great place to work.

Cons

I don't really have too many cons. Most people who post bad reviews probably didn't have the work ethic to hack it at Rylem. Work hard and you will do well. Only con would be maybe not a path to management but a great stepping stone into the PNW tech staffing world. You will learn a lot...fast.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Reviews
</>Embed

Rylem Reviews FAQs

Rylem has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 93 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Rylem to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -16% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Rylem employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Rylem. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

57% of Rylem employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Rylem 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Rylem to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.